main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC 2014 Fitness Goals

Discussion in 'Community' started by Souderwan, Dec 31, 2013.

1. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Drove to my gym, and the parking lot was packed, so I turned around. Got to stop doing that. Don't know if it's some sort of social anxiety about working out around a lot of people or what. Anybody else have similar issues?

I'll go run outside.

2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I don't like to run at a crowded gym because of the socializers on the indoor track who are taking up most of the track, walking side by side and moving slower than I walk around the library at work--in heels. Your heart rate isn't going up that way, girls.

Plus outdoors has fresh air and trees and non-people-related scenery.

Hoping the rain clears up in time that I can run outside today.

Runjedirun and heels1785 like this.
  3. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Yeah I don't like going to our college's weight room when there are a lot of people there. You're not the only one.

heels1785 likes this.
  4. Souderwan

Souderwan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 3, 2005

Dude. Nice work! You're ready for the half-marathon now!

5. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    The very thought frightens me!

Perhaps if it was all down-hill...

6. Souderwan

Souderwan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 3, 2005
    Haha. You'll be fine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

7. Rosslcopter

Rosslcopter Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Update: Still unable to find the workout room in my apartment building. Have checked several more floors.

8. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Did strength training and yoga this morning. 3 mile run in the pouring rain this afternoon. It was supposed to stop raining this afternoon, but at least the temps were much warmer.

Souderwan and Juliet316 like this.
  9. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Ye gods. If the indoor track were any more boring, it would be Ben Stein's social studies class on the day Ferris Bueller is absent.

Enjoyed the running anyway.

Souderwan likes this.
  10. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    I wish I were a runner, but I am so not built for that.

11. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Didn't run today and can't run tomorrow. Dang.

12. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Got a short run in today, unfortunately since I'm recovering from bronchitis it was only 2 miles in 21:00. I also got some dance in this AM. My first day back was pretty good.

No weight loss so far, I know my lack of exercise over the past week was the problem. At least I didn't gain!

Hope you all have an awesome week. :)

Runjedirun and Juliet316 like this.
  13. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Didn't run today because I was feeling unwell. Now I feel guilty on top of feeling unwell.

14. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Do they have classes and such at your gym? I use to think about leaving too when I see the parking lot full, but I've come to realize it's at its worse when the classes are going on. At least they are in their own room and out of the way of all the machines.

I've also gotten really good at losing myself in my music and often closing my eyes and pretending I'm there alone.

heels1785 likes this.
  15. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Going for hopefully a long run tomorrow depending on the weather. It's really nice out right now.

16. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    They do- and I think you're right. This was right around 9 AM on Saturday, when they have various "boot camps," etc- generally early on weekends and after work during the week are the busiest times. I went back today, and the parking lot was packed- just found myself a treadmill and turned on the music- all was well!

17. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I used to be a swimmer. I was all upper body, dragged my feet behind me. I remember my coach suggesting to me once to try running. I brushed it off as a joke, thought there was no way I could run, much less run and enjoy it. Then I got out of school and had to pay my own way in the world. Couldn't afford a gym, much less a gym with a pool. What did I do? I went running :p

Longest run since I had baby #2 today. 4.5 miles, such a beautiful day. I even forced my older son to turn off his x-box and play catch with me when I got home.

18. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    Just finished 7 miles in 68:16 (treadmill)

The weather has finally turned nice and it has been months since I ran outside so I need to really get out.

Have a feeling my road time will be significantly slower than my treadmill.

19. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Went for the first outdoor run of 2014. A bit chilly, but I still managed to wear shorts!

20. TahiriVeilaSolo69

TahiriVeilaSolo69 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    [​IMG]

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D I love my Fitbit. And the day isn't over yet!

21. thebadge

thebadge Jedi Master star 4

Mar 15, 2002
    Gonna swim the Newport Beach to Balboa to Newport pier to pier open ocean swim, 2.2 miles roundtrip.

No wetsuits allowed water will be about 63-65 on the 4th of July.

THe chances of being eaten by a Great White Shark do exist so it will keep you on your toes so too speak.

At 47 that's pretty good, I swam all the way through college but its been 15 years since I trained…….

22. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    9 miles on the treadmill today, just under 10 minutes/mile pace.

23. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Been putting a lot of mileage on the track. The way I see it, I'll definitely be able to run 5 days of the week with my current schedule. Tuesdays and Thursdays will be tough, but I'll try my hardest to throw in a run on those days as well.

Juliet316 likes this.
  24. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm running three days a week but still working out a consistent schedule; I think it's going to be Tuesday and Thursday while my kids are at swim team practice, and Saturday evening.

I had to work late last night so I ran tonight and I'll run tomorrow night.

Runjedirun and Juliet316 like this.
  25. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    My wife had lost all her pregnancy weight with Your Fitness Evolved on the Xbox 360 Kinect. I'm going to try to follow her lead with Xbox Fitness on the Xbox One. I used it for the first time yesterday and it was pretty decent. It grants you a generous library of workout videos to exercise to (many of which are free with Xbox Live Gold). It contains workouts from P90X and Insanity, to name a couple.

It's not quite as personal as Your Fitness Evolved was on the 360, but that's fine by me, as I found the 360 to be very particular about how you performed certain exercises.