main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Policy Official Username Change Request Policy

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Grimby , Sep 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Certainly doable if you posted a confirmation from that sock.

2. Ballad

Ballad Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 1, 2013
    I will not make a DC joke, I will not make a DC joke, I will not make a DC joke...

Anyway, I've been away from this forum for too long, and am making my triumphant return, but for that, I feel the need for a new identity. Would it be possible for someone as awesome as yourself to change my name to Ballad. It would be brilliant if you could.

3. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Very well.

4. laserbrain

laserbrain Jedi Padawan

Nov 6, 2013
    Hi Yeah. when I first signed up for the board I just used my generic username that i use to sign up for a lot of things. well, seeing that this is a SW themed board and I have decided to stick around and actually participate after being impressed what I see I'd love to chance my name to the more apt laserbrain711 (or laserbrain if its not taken)

5. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I don't know where you get your delusions...

Admiral Volshe and laserbrain like this.
  6. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Very well.

7. MakingStarWars

MakingStarWars Jedi Master star 4

Oct 20, 2008
    I request my name be changed from JasonW to MakingStarWars.

The reason I request this is because I opened this account before starting my website and Twitter. People know me more as MakingStarWars than JasonW. When people comment on the article I write at MakingStarWars.net, I would like it to be a little clearer I'm the author, for instance. Also it would just be easier for me to have the same name here as my Tumblr, website, and Twitter. I would really appreciate it.

8. JohnnyAmato

JohnnyAmato Jedi Padawan

Nov 19, 2013
    Hello. Can I please request that my username be changed from Jedi Johnny to JohnnyAmato? It's my real name, and I really like the idea of just having my real name there, as opposed to a Jedi name. I'm sorry my first post at the site is to ask for a name change, but I signed up rather quickly and wasn't really thinking about my username much, and just threw one out there. I love the site, and read the boards all the time. I'm a huge SW fan, and would like to start commenting on the boards once in while and getting to know the community. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience, but it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

9. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    Hi. I'd like to request a name change to Mystery Roach.

The reason being of course that spaces weren't allowed when I registered, but I started actually posting on the temp boards where I used the same name with the space, and I'd just like to have that name again.

10. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Not a problem in the slightest.

Mystery Roach likes this.
  11. Chance the Jedi

Chance the Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 25, 2005
    Hi, I was wondering if I could change my username to: Chance the Jedi
    Reason: I've always wanted to change my username. When I registered as DarthCalo.. I wasn't trying too hard to have come up with a unique one, because I thought I wasn't going to be an active member, and stick around the boards when I signed up. But, I've been here for 8 years and counting now.:)

12. Ord-Mantell70

Ord-Mantell70 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 9, 2009
    I'd like to request a name change to simply Ord-Mantell.

The reason is I couldn't help adding a number (70) when I registered long ago, and it is simply unnecessary. :D

Thanks.

13. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Hello. I haven't been here since before the move and I think I may become somewhat active again. I would like to request that my name be changed to Cushing's Admirer.

Reason: In the last years I have learned a good deal about Sir Peter Cushing and admire the man greatly. Particularly for his honesty, willingness to help others, and his strength amid fragility.

14. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Cushing's Disease...

Symptoms usually include:
    • Upper body obesity (above the waist) and thin arms and legs
    • Round, red, full face (moon face)
    • Slow growth rate in children
    Skin changes that are often seen:
    • Acne or skin infections
    • Purple marks (1/2 inch or more wide), called striae, on the skin of the abdomen, thighs, and breasts
    • Thin skin with easy bruising
    Muscle and bone changes include:
    • Backache, which occurs with routine activities
    • Bone pain or tenderness
    • Collection of fat between the shoulders (buffalo hump)
    • Thinning of the bones, which leads to rib and spine fractures
    • Weak muscles
    Women often have:
    • Excess hair growth on the face, neck, chest, abdomen, and thighs
    • Menstrual cycle that becomes irregular or stops
    Men may have:
    Other symptoms that may occur include:
    • Mental changes, such as depression, anxiety, or changes in behavior
    • Fatigue
    • Headache
    • Increased thirst and urination

15. Ord-Mantell70

Ord-Mantell70 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 9, 2009
    Sorry for the mess...
    Didn't check if name was already taken. It is.

So sad the account is almost inactive (no posts)...

16. Mandalore The Uniter

Mandalore The Uniter Jedi Master star 2

Jul 17, 2007
    If possible, I would like to respectfully request a name change to Mandalore The Uniter (or Mandalore_The_Uniter).

Reason: This is my handle and "title" within the Star Wars costume/fan community. I am the founder of the Mandalorian Mercs Costume Club, and Official Star Wars Blog contributor. I started moving away from Novall Talon back in 2009/2010, and now rarely if ever even go by that handle.

Thanks!

17. Six

Six Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 9, 2014
    I would like to change my name because when I made it I didn't realize that it would get cut off. I'd like something simple like "Six" (probably taken but its worth a shot, its my lucky number), and if thats take then I will settle for "Texas Red", a marty robbins reference.

EDIT: I just looked up Six, and theres a member called that but he's been here since 2000 and hasn't posted once. Are there are any rules about how long you'll wait until you keep inactive accounts like that? It doesn't look likely that they'll suddenly decide to start posting again.

18. The Umpire Strokes Bach

The Umpire Strokes Bach Jedi Padawan

Dec 21, 2012
    Would love if my username could be changed to: ^◊^

My reason being that I feel I overdid it with the huge long all-caps title of a name that I have now and I'd really prefer it simplified down to just that symbol (The Owl Cave Petroglyph from Twin Peaks if you're wondering). Though I'm not sure if this site allows either of those characters in usernames, I figured it was at least worth an attempt.

And if ^◊^ is not a viable option, I guess I would just like the all-caps taken away and simply be: The Umpire Strokes Bach (italics possible for non-moderators?)

Mystery Roach likes this.
  19. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    I can tell you that italics require having colors, which means only admins, mods, and some game/contest winners.

20. The Umpire Strokes Bach

Dec 21, 2012
  21. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    I can do the caps removal, but the diamond character isn't possible.

22. The Umpire Strokes Bach

Dec 21, 2012
    Ramza: Thought it might be the case. But hey, I'll take what I can get. De-CAPsing me down to just: The Umpire Strokes Bach ..would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

23. RayleighScattering

RayleighScattering Jedi Youngling

Jan 15, 2014
    Id like my username changed to RayleighScattering. My phone autocorrected the first bit to raleigh. Please and thank you.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

24. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Sure.

25. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    I'd like to submit a request to shorten my name to zark.

This is how I am referred to on these boards (as well as every other community I'm part of), it makes it much easier for newcomers who don't know how to address me, shorter to tag, and just generally more convenient.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.