main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Orphan

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Immortiss, Nov 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Can someone summarize the last 13 pages of speculation for me in a concise 3 paragraph long recap?

My Thanks,
    Dolphin

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  2. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    There's an orphan in Episode VII!

No, it's just an archetype used for the casting sheet.

Palpatine's dead, dummy!

That sums it up nicely. :p

3. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    you forgot to mention that Pizza the Hutt might be in it

4. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Yeah, I saw that in the other thread. Great reasearch! I think you may be onto something.

5. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
  6. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    ...or just drawing parallels where none were intended.

I doubt the people in charge of the ST thought "Hey, we love this character from the EU and wanna use it, and it'll make the fans happy, but you know what'd be even better? SWAP GENDERS! I'm sure that'll thrill the fans to no end, that their much-loved EU character is now a different gender and probably has a different name but otherwise is totally supposed to be the exact same character."

Next up, the villain of the ST is Grand Admiral Thrawn! But he's an Aqualish. And a woman. And a fallen Jedi. But it's still totally Thrawn! She has paintings in her base of operations! She studies enemies to find their weaknesses before attacking! That's what we wanted, right?! 8-}

Dra--- likes this.
  7. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    ^ I don't care one iota about the EU -- I don't think most SW fans do. The TYPE of character is what Rezpen was suggesting to which I agreed, NOT the exact character. Either way the speculation is absolutely fair game so stick your 8-} you know where.

Dra--- and Immortiss like this.
  8. Lord TW

Lord TW Jedi Master star 2

Dec 25, 2012
    Tough crowd on this thread.

9. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    It's a bad neighborhood.[face_beatup]

10. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    BTW my speculation about Zekk comes from a suggestion in this Yahoo article where they were able to decipher part of the script Jason Flemyng posted as two characters talking about scavenging. http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/first-look-star-wars-vii-script-201000565.html , totally different than anything leaked so far. I know hardly anything about the EU but when I looked up Zekk I was shocked that his Wookiepedia article matches nearly everything we've been saying about Rachel almost word for word at times. It may be possible Rachel is based on his character or that world, or that that maybe Rachel has a crew of street urchin scavengers Oliver Twist style and maybe these pages involve some of those characters? My concept of this movie just based on leaks and speculation so far is that it's like a sex reversed Aladdin where Han and Leia's aristocratic (or royal even?) kid gets mixed up with a "diamond in the rough" street smart scavenger/pick pocket.

Immortiss and Echo-07 like this.
  11. Immortiss

Mar 10, 2013
    The Artful Dodger.

12. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    I keep coming back to the thought that if we have an orphan it'll be Lukes daughter, maybe the girls mother concerned over the vader connection or just not wanting the life of a jedi for her daugher whisked her away at a young age not wanting her to follow in the familys footsteps.

Years later we then get the whole Luke parallel where she has this perhaps false image of her father and Luke can get to deliver a spin on the whole I am your father line.

Darth Archimage likes this.
  13. Lord TW

Lord TW Jedi Master star 2

Dec 25, 2012
    Maybe it'll be a crossover with L'il Orphan Annie, and Daddy Warbucks will fund the new opposition while his trusty aide, Punjab, defects to the New Republic and is secretly trained to be a Jedi.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  14. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    [​IMG]
    If true, we'll find out she slept with C-3PO on a regular basis long after she dies too.

Mystery_Roach likes this.
  15. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    Darth_Pevra and Immortiss like this.
  16. Immortiss

Mar 10, 2013
    rezpen:

I LOVE what I'm reading. The BIG 3 in the lead for one more Episode before saying goodbye! WOW!!!

17. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    I posted this originally in casting rumours, I think it's Better served on this thread...
    Just woke up to this banquet...

The Obi-Wan news is very good news to me, adding his offspring to the Skywalker/Solo kids. And making the OT the focus is IMO both a respectful, and intelligent move.

I remember hearing when the open castings for Rachel were in full swing, attendees to them were reporting on Twitter, and on personal blogs that a majority of the girls that got through to the audition stage were either mixed-race, olive skinned, or Mediterranean. An example being this blogger:

http://hot-sweet-and-spicy.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/star-wars-auditions-how-to-get-call-back.html

Who said "according to Cassie, most of the girls at the call backs had dark hair and were mixed race!...".

The above blogger was just one of multiple people saying similar things, which makes me feel their collective reports were credible accounts. This also makes today's news about Obi-Wan ring true.

I think the Rachel role is Obi-Wan's daughter/granddaughter.

18. Six

Six Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 9, 2014
    No! not the orphans!
    [​IMG]

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  19. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Obi-Wan having a daughter/granddaughter completely destroys the whole narrative of him being this traditionalists in the Jedi Order, who was blindly loyal.

Add this to the news of the continuity hierarchy being altered to have one official recognised cannon (no more G, T, C, S, N) means Disney and co can add pretty much what they like to the OT. Heck, we might end up with Star Trek-esque altered and mirror universes; that would easily accommodate the EU, if it occurred a parallel or separate time line.

Gallandro likes this.
  20. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Last temptation of Obi-Wan.

Darth Punk likes this.
  21. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    Obi's Wand

22. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I hope every major character from the prior 6 had kids. I am particularly anticipating Palpatine's edgy granddaughter who is friends with the Skywalker & Solo kids. Is she really a hero with an edge or will she betray them or will she finally push past her edgy attitude and finally accept that Percy Jackson is the kid who is destined to destroy Cronus...?

Iron_lord likes this.
  23. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    I wouldn't be surprised by the appearance of Palpatine Jr. It was rumoured, lest we forget.

24. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    According to SW-Blog, the Emperor has a "real son" called Triclops.

http://starwarsblog.starwars.com/2013/12/12/the-star-wars-spy-game-spin-declassified/

When the SPIN Rapid Response Team rescued the pacifist Triclops — the Emperor’s real son, whom Palpatine considered among his greatest personal failures — from his Imperial imprisonment and torture, they were unaware that the man had been unwittingly outfitted with a two-way HoloNet transceiver implant and a mind-control device duplicating the effects of Nihil smokestone. They had a spy in their midst and only just learned of it in time to exploit their own security leak to trick their eavesdropping enemies.

who may possibly have been created via genetic experimentation:

http://starwarsblog.starwars.com/2013/09/12/barely-tolerable-alien-henchmen-of-the-empire-part-3/

Moore herself had come into the possession of Force-sensitive DNA from an undisclosed source and was deeply interested in a technique once perfected by Darth Plagueis: influencing the midi-chlorians to create a zygote in a fertile female.

Triclops has never been heard from again since he disappeared at the end of The Glove of Darth Vader series ... ;)

25. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    smell the glove

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.