main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST 2014 "The Year of Star Wars" (Poll-a-licious)

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Echo-07, Jan 1, 2014.

?

WHAT WILL BE THE FIRST OFFICIAL EPISODE VII ANNOUNCEMENT OF 2014?

1. The role reprisals by the BIG 3

17 vote(s)
    21.0%
  2. Full casting aside from the BIG 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Full casting including the BIG 3

17 vote(s)
    21.0%
  4. Anthony Daniels / Peter Mayhew

1 vote(s)
    1.2%
  5. "Tom" and "Rachel" found

4 vote(s)
    4.9%
  6. Official production start date

16 vote(s)
    19.8%
  7. Script finished

25 vote(s)
    30.9%
  8. Teaser trailer/poster

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Locations (IE New Mexico, Tunisia etc . . .)

1 vote(s)
    1.2%
  10. Millennium Falcon set built

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    I don't know what you guys are talking about. I'm being drowned by spoilers over here.

Echo-07 and Mystery Roach like this.
  2. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004

I agree that they want to start really generating interest this year, but I wouldn't call it silly. And I think the main point of saying that was to keep people from getting their hopes up too much for getting anything major in 2013, whereas there will be a lot of SW activity this year between shooting Episode VII (we will definitely learn more about the film when that happens... there will probably be spoilers and at the very least I wouldn't be surprised if they offered some production videos, not to mention casting info, and we'll probably find out about some new characters), Rebels, etc. Also I have to say that while Rebels may not be quite as exciting as a new trilogy, I'm very much looking forward to it.

3. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    I'm actually looking forward to Rebels more than the Clone Wars. I wasn't that interested in TCW after seeing the "movie." But I watched the first two seasons and want to see the rest now of course. In fact I want to buy the whole series.

That said, Rebels seems like it could offer more tie-in material to Episode 7 because it will refer to the OT (in that it preludes to it). I suspect that the Inquisitor could have something to do with the plot of the ST. At any rate watching the rise of the Rebel Alliance is a pretty exciting premise IMO.

Mystery Roach likes this.
  4. Beezer

Beezer Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2013
    IMHO, it is silly to call 2014 "The Year of Star Wars". Here's a reasonable release schedule:

2014: Rebels starts airing at the end of the year, current post-ROTJ canon winding down on its way to extinction, continued Old Republic stories
    2015: Full season of Rebels, Star Wars Celebration, New comics and books brining us into the revamped post-ROTJ galaxy, continued Old Republic stories. And oh yeah, and there's apparently also a movie being released. There may even be some merchandise to go with that new movie.

So which one of those calendar years do you think would best be considered "The Year of Star Wars"...?

5. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    call them both "the year of star wars"

simples

6. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009

It's not that silly. It was a phrase used by Kathleen Kennedy when talking about how there would be very little news related to the franchise in 2013 and how it would all start trickling through in 2014 instead. And because of the amount of content scheduled there is, indeed, going to be a lot of news incoming. You're likely going to see a proper trailer for Rebels coming very soon, and with the shooting script supposedly due in a matter of days chances are we're going to see casting news drop in the next month. The hype machine is about to get started.

7. QsAssistant

QsAssistant Jedi Master star 3

Apr 13, 2011
    I agree. This year should be called "The year of Star Wars info." or "The year of Star Wars hype". Next year would be "The year of Star Wars".

8. Jedi Comedian

Jedi Comedian Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2012
    If 2014 is "the year of Star Wars", then they obviously don't think much of Episode VII ...

Gallandro and Beezer like this.
  9. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    It's all relative. I really don't think "The year of Star Wars" was meant to take anything away from 2015, which will obviously be a much bigger year for Star Wars, but rather to take the focus off of 2013, when many people were hoping for them to release a lot more news than they planned to release. It's important to look at that statement in context.

10. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009

Exactly. It was a figure of speech intended to deliver a very specific message, little more.

11. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    2015 will be the pay off but a huge part of the fun of a new release IMO is the build up to it. The speculation, the rumors and building up finally to when the real news starts rolling in and the great excitement and discussions and debates it brings is all part of the experience of SW. So sure 2015 is when we all get to see the movie but we shouldn't forget the ride leading up to it because in many ways it can be almost as exciting as the film itself and it's likely to begin very soon.

12. Green_Destiny_Sword

Green_Destiny_Sword Force Ghost star 5

Jun 20, 2001
    By Fall 2014 most if not all of the script will leak and the boards will be in a frenzy.

Echo-07 likes this.
  13. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    Exactly. The fact we even have to engage the comment because some take it too literally is why humanity is doomed to failure. smh

Immortiss and Mystery Roach like this.
  14. Jedi Comedian

Oct 27, 2012
    How is it taking it too literally? If you say "2014 is the year of Star Wars", you're implying that most other years are not.

"The year of Star Wars" is totally meaningless marketing babble if every single year from now on is going to be "the year of Star Wars".

Gallandro and Beezer like this.
  15. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    I think much of it has to do with ST production news, but REBELS is going to mark the new story group/Lucasfilm/Disney venture, which appears this Fall, 2014.

16. Jedi Comedian

Oct 27, 2012

Immortiss likes this.
  17. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    It's the "Half Century of Star Wars"!:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Echo-07 and Jedi Comedian like this.
  18. TheTwinSuns

TheTwinSuns Jedi Master star 3

Apr 26, 2013
    So we did get an announcement about a finished script and a production date... from a certain point of view.

Echo-07 likes this.
  19. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    I most certainly believe we did! In fact I think it was done purposely in order to dispel fanboy panick/rage and put all fans at ease that everything is all fine here . . . how are you?

,I voted that we'd get a Production start date.

20. QsAssistant

QsAssistant Jedi Master star 3

Apr 13, 2011
    Now that the script is finished I think our next big Star Wars news will be either the official announcement of the Big 3 or the title of Episode VII... or both!

Echo-07 likes this.
  21. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    I think in light of Carrie's latest "confirmation" they should announce the BIg 3 already! Save the other announcements for a later date when we're news starved again. :p

QsAssistant likes this.
  22. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    From here on out, EVERY year is the year of Star Wars - and that makes me practically giddy.

Echo-07 and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  23. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    Yeas, from here on out news can drop at any moment. Once production starts in May news/leaks will probably be more frequent. It should be a fast ride!

24. pete brock

pete brock Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2016
    it was title

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.