main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canderous and Cade's Crazy Cantina: a shiny new fanfiction social thread!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Commander-DWH, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Hey guys, just a reminder that there are specific forums for discussing EP VII. We don't mind you guys discussing it here, but news and rumors should be posted in the EP 7 spoiler-allowed forum. We are just very wary about possible spoilers (we have a strict spoiler policy here) and we ask that even rumors be treated as possible spoilers. Thanks.

(EDIT: MAV!!! YOU BEAT ME TO THE PUNCH!! :p )

2. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Good thing I spent the day skiing and the only SW references I made were about Sand People.

...or, Snow People, as we were leaving the mountain when I mentioned walking in single file to hide our numbers.

3. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Sorry. :( Nothing was written that Ben was going to be in the story in any way shape or form, so I didn't think it was a spoiler to say a certain actor looked like him. I'll see if I can put a spoiler box around it.

4. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    Besides, this is a fan fic social thread, not an Ep. VII speculation thread... :p

5. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Please, 90% of the time we are talking about our cats, the weather, how sick we are, how much we hate our jobs, or how irritated we are with our friends. Do we ever talk about fics?

6. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I tried to catch you before you did it! ;)

Trak- LOL!

My roommate, had us try a beverage that is popular in Finland... or at least it used to be ,called Salmiakki Koskenkorva (she made a homemade version) and it was really bizarre. It is salty, tastes like black licorice with a hint of an almost ammonia taste. We just kept laughing at each others faces as we drank it (very little of it).

Edit: Re social thread. The problem isn't it being off topic, as this is the social thread (we actually don't allow talk of fics in here) but the possible spoilers.

7. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
  8. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Ooh, look at Goodwood using fancy words! :p

I just realised something. The only thing I hate about my job is that I have to take time off as I'm going into hospital tomorrow. :(

9. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    moosemousse It's not that fancy a word, dearie... ;)

Anyway, hope you're not in hospital for too long or that there's no complications...well, no detrimental ones at any rate.

10. Ewok_Slayer

Ewok_Slayer Jedi Master star 2

Nov 24, 2004
    I don't know. [face_thinking] When I was in high school I was talking to some jocks and said, "Are you guys being facetious?" They gave me a look that reminded me of Mongo on Blazing Saddles as one said, "Uhh…I don't know. What does that word mean?"

I hope it is nothing serious, moosemousse.

11. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Yeah, I've had people give me Mongo looks when I use words like that, but I canna help meself, tis ta way I normally talk!

12. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    so, I only fell twice while skiing. The first time I took a turn too sharply and my skis went in one direction while I went in the other. I had trouble getting back up, as my left knee actively refused to cooperate. The next run, I fell while getting off the lift, as my left knee just plain decided not to work. After that run (successful otherwise), I decided that I was done for the night. Two runs later, so was my nephew, who was learning to snowboard.

13. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    I hope everything is okay, Moose.

Ouch, my knee hurts from just reading that.

So, I have determined that I'm becoming a hermit. Long story short, I started talking to this guy on an online dating site (he contacted me). We quickly discovered we both went to the university in town and had seen each-other around. I thought we were getting along ok, he then said that we should go on a date and I said I'd be up for that. He then stopped messaging me. I'm like, okay, either he just forgot to reply, or he changed his mind, nothing wrong with that. Last week I discovered he's in my Soviet History class (I should have saw it coming). We somehow keep accidentally making eye-contact, then immediately looking away. To make things worse, there is a class in the room right before we have the room and it's a fairly large class in a small room, so we all hang out in the hall before to get a good seat. Of course he decides to stand across from me in the hall today. We spent a good 10 minutes avoiding eye-contact. It is so incredibly awkward (but probably more so for him). Needless to say, it's going to be such an awkward 3 months.

14. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    So, good news; my son was discharged from the hospital today and is now in a rehabilitation facility. Both of his legs were broken so badly that he is pretty much going to have to learn to walk again. His head injury has left his speech very slow and his words don't come as easily so speech therapy will be concurrent with his physical therapy. He is also still facing at least one more surgery on his left arm which was basically crushed in the accident. He already has a plate and a few screws in it.

Thanks to everyone for your prayers. They mean so much.
    On a lighter tone; I have actually gotten back to writing. It felt good to be able to focus on something good.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

15. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Glad to hear your son's out of danger, Jen; hopefully he'll get on well with his therapy. Sometimes, incidents like these can serve to remind us how fleeting life can be, what one can stand to lose or, after having lost much, what it means to work to get it back.

Briannakin At some point, you have to talk to him. Maybe this is just a simple matter of miscommunication, maybe it's not, but you'll never know unless you actively try to resolve it. If nothing else, getting that out of the way will free your mind up so you can concentrate better on your studies.

JediMaster_Jen likes this.
  16. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Glad to hear everything is going smoothly. I wish him well in both physical and speech therapy (I've been through both, but as a much younger kid, so it'll probably be much different than what I did, but PT can work wonders if he tries hard enough).

Goodwood OOORRR, at some point one of us has to graduate :p Nah, in our messages we both said we were socially awkward people, so one of us will get the confidence to talk to the other, eventually. Also, I never concentrate on my studies. Who ever did something like that?

17. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    I did.

And honestly, do you want to remain a socially-awkward person your whole life? I was quite socially awkward at your age, and it was during my time at college that I bloomed into an assertive, confident human being. At some point you're going to have to take a stand, may as well be sooner rather than later.

18. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    [:D] Thanks for the support. It means a lot. [:D]

JediMaster_Jen: here's hoping for a quick recovery!

19. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    moosemousse - I hope everything is okay

JediMaster_Jen - Wonderful to hear about your son. Continued prayers and well wishes for his recovery.

20. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    By husband was interviewed by the local TV station about some college class he is teaching. I told my sons, "Dad's going to be on the TV News tonight." The youngest one responded, "Is it for something good he did or something bad?" :p Oh boy, they know their father too well.

21. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I love Mabel. She sleeps with me, sits with me, and loves to be with me.

Now if only she would stop threatening to make my collection go shelf-diving.

22. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Now if only she would stop being a cat... ;)

23. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Every time I sneeze, she stares at me like my head exploded.

24. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    I can yell at the top of my lungs and my cat won't move, but good God, if I sneeze, she runs so fast, she breaks the sound barrier. She was kinda laying half on my pillow, so I tucked her in with my blanket, and she's still there, 2 hours later.

Hehe. The kid asks the right question.

ALSO. If I have to continue this facebook conversation I'm having with my fellow bridesmaids and the bride about keeping the straight neckline or having the dresses altered for $15 to get a sweetheart neckline, I may kill someone. I DON'T CAAAAAREEE!!!! I'm not being apathetic, or unenthusiastic, I JUST DON'T CARE. I LIKE IT EITHER WAYYYY. (I said straight just so that they'd stop bugging me).

25. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Briannakin Get the bride and groom drunk, drive them to the Canadian equivalent of Las Vegas (which I assume is Montreal or Niagara Falls) and have them elope!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.