main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Your Preferred Super Bowl Matchup Poll

Discussion in 'Community' started by Eeth-my-Koth, Jan 13, 2014.

?

Which Super Bowl would you most like to see?

Poll closed Jan 19, 2014.
  1. Denver vs Seattle

15 vote(s)
    40.5%
  2. New England vs Seattle

3 vote(s)
    8.1%
  3. Denver vs San Francisco

15 vote(s)
    40.5%
  4. New England vs San Francisco

4 vote(s)
    10.8%
  1. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    Do you have a specific hatred of a team or a special rooting interest or are you just looking for the most entertaining game?

2. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Most entertaining game + one with the most even playing field in terms of teams for me. New England would have a horrid advantage over Seattle and San Fran since they more often than not play in the type of elements that are expected in NY/NJ during the last few games of each season. Plus the storylines of "Manning goes for one more ring" vs "Kaepernick/Harbaugh return to finish what they started last year" would be good ones.

3. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    I said it at Week 1: Seahawks vs Broncos. That would be the best matchup in a long time!

4. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Both the Seahawks and the Patriots are filthy cheating teams so they can both get lost. Also Pete Carroll/Bill Belichick GTFO!

CloneUncleOwen and Kiki-Gonn like this.
  5. Eeth-my-Koth

May 25, 2001
    I don't want to hear about kaepernick being adopted for 2 weeks straight. Or about harbaugh overcoming the loss to his brother. It will get tired real fast. Or about kaepernick topping young and Montana getting to two Super Bowls so quickly. I can't handle that shizz.

Denver would be a nightmare too with Elway/manning, but to hell with Tom Brady and belicheat.

Seattle losing in the Super Bowl again would be lulz for their awful fan base.

CloneUncleOwen and Rew like this.
  6. xblackout

xblackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 5, 2008
    Editing my post because I'm irrationally thinking I'll jinx myself.

7. MarcusP2

Jul 10, 2004
    If I was mean I would unedit it. Hahaha

8. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    The weather wont play as large a factor in the SB as itll be hyped, I think. Look at the Niners' recent venture into Green Bay, San Diego's into Cincy, etc.

Three of the four offenses are centered on rushing the football, great for cold weather, and the other has Manning and plays in Denver, which gets cold. Moreno and Ball also give them a good option. With all of the time leading up to the game, no issues with time zones either. I think any of the four teams could win- the only one I'd prefer not to is Seattle, because their fans really are the worst.

My pick is Denver-SF.

9. Eeth-my-Koth

May 25, 2001
  10. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    Wow Marcus I had no idea you were into American Football. How exactly do you watch the games?

11. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    GPOY
    [​IMG]

s65horsey likes this.
  12. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    I know what I'm voting for!

Eeth-my-Koth likes this.
  13. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I picked the first option, and the most people picked that option too. Therefore, I am right.

14. Condition2SQ

Condition2SQ Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    My two most hated players in the NFL are Peyton Manning and Colin Kaepernick. If the Super Bowl is Broncos vs. Niners I just might kill myself.

15. Eeth-my-Koth

May 25, 2001
    How could anyone hate Peyton Manning? You can be annoyed by him or just sick of hearing about him. But to flat out hate him? There must be something wrong with you. Seek help.

Coruscant likes this.
  16. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    Hating anyone is harsh, you don't know them.

Broncos vs. Seahawks. I want to see Payton against that Seattle Defence. I think Seattle wins it all.

Valairy Scot likes this.
  17. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    My dream matchup... Anyone vs. not New England

Juliet316, Sebulba-X and Eeth-my-Koth like this.
  18. MarcusP2

Jul 10, 2004
    Television and the NFL's online service.

19. xblackout

xblackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 5, 2008
    [face_nail_biting]

20. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    I'm rooting for the Pot Bowl.

21. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Either Denver/San Francisco or Denver/Seattle... having 2 Western teams in the first ever New York Jersey Super Bowl would be hilarious to me.

Eeth-my-Koth You always find a way to find fault with any of the hype for the possible Super Bowl match ups.

22. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm pulling for whoever plays against San Francisco. (No, I'm not bitter, not at all.)

So I'm rooting for Seattle in that game. No real preference between Denver and New England, not right now anyway.

tom and Valairy Scot like this.
  23. Eeth-my-Koth

May 25, 2001
    It's not finding a fault, it's finding which story lines the media will pound our heads with.

24. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Given the 2 weeks between the title games & the Super Bowl, it all gets annoying at some point, even with stuff you agree with. In some respects, having the Super Bowl played 1 week after the conference championships would be a good thing.

Juliet316 likes this.
  25. Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd Force Ghost star 4

Dec 27, 2012
    **** the super bowl for the simple fact that it doubled the price of airline tickets and now I don't get to work a tradeshow in Las Vegas in FEBRUARY when I live in ******* Wisconsin. Tradeshows kinda suck, but I'll take a week in Vegas in winter over another week here in winter anytime...only the "important" people are going this time. Good luck, ***holes.