main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

1/18 Meeting 2pm following Open Cockpit @ WOTR's (10-2)

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by SITH__CHICK, Jan 5, 2014.

1. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    We originally were asked to move our meeting up one week and figured we would just lump it together with open cockpit day. Wings Over the Rockies is not having open cockpit on the second Saturday this month but I figured we would still lump the meeting and open cockpit together.

This would be a great time for anyone that hasn't 'worked' or 'trooped' at WOTR to get a taste of what it's like. Great photo op as well and we can get in free for the meeting as well.

Please come prepared there are only vending machines available, so pack a water bottle, snacks or lunch if you think you will need it.

Show up at 2pm if you just want to come of the meeting.

nnaydolem and QueenHighMistress like this.
  2. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    I plan on being there for Open Cockpit and the meeting. Robert wants to attend, however it will depend on his work schedule.

3. JawaJaka

JawaJaka Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2011
    I'll try to be there. I thought I had another troop that day but I goofed, it's this Saturday. I should be able to make this one.

4. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    We'll be at Amy's birthday party lunch first and then will head over for the meeting...maybe after it starts, we'll see.

5. Haikukid

Haikukid Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 30, 2013
    Ok, I am showing my newbie, but....I don't know what "open cockpit", "worked" or "trooped" really means, but it all sounds like fun to ME! See ya there! [face_dancing]

6. Dark Crafty

Dark Crafty Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 21, 2013
    Haikukid Open Cockpit is where Wings over the Rockies lets people climb into the cockpit of certain plans that are "open". Worked usually means helping out (not in a costume) at event and trooped is usually an organized event where you are working in costume (usually the 501st or RL do a lot them)

7. Haikukid

Sep 30, 2013
    There is much to learn...That sounds like a fun time and I am willing to help out with what I can! Thanks for the info Dark Crafty!

8. Sarnia

Jun 1, 2004
    Who plans on wearing what costume? I am trying to figure out which one of mine to wear;)

9. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    If I costume, it will be Jedi.

10. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Costume or not, all are welcome. Come check out the museum, and of course, the X-Wing. We need to do some cleaning on the old girl before the next round of repairs, so anyone willing to roll up their sleeves can get a chance at a one-on-one encounter with Star Wars history.

QueenHighMistress likes this.
  11. Sarnia

Jun 1, 2004
    I shall bring appropriate cleaning supplies.

12. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    I will not be able to make the meeting as we will be on vacation.

13. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    We have a family thing we aren't going to be able to make it :)

14. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Does this mean no non-raffle raffle this month? :confused:

15. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    Unless someone wants to come by tonight and get the tickets. Otherwise you guys can figure out some other way of doing it. I would recommend a non-auction. :)

16. JawaJaka

JawaJaka Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2011
    Hate to do this, but I'll have to back out of this one. I'm getting my mouse droid fixed (and hopefully somewhat finished).

17. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

I believe that was last month. :p

I think we have some tickets in the prize tote. Guess we'll find out when we get there.

18. Sarnia

Jun 1, 2004
    It would appear that I am too ill to attend. Have fun.

19. Haikukid

Sep 30, 2013
    Had a great time at the meeting! Seeing the X Wing up close was most excellent! Looking forward to next time, just one request....maybe a brief intro/who's who during the next meeting for us Newbs?

FanForced and DieWompRatDie like this.
  20. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
  21. zeraduel

zeraduel Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 15, 2011
    January 2014 Meeting Notes:

Attendance (15):
    Zeraduel, Jedi_Pilot,Queen High Mistress, Sith_Chick, Short Force Lover, Kaikukid, Ibentmywookie, Grant, Ibentmywookie #2, Ladyblues, thejackal327, He-Guy, DieWompRatDie, fanforced, Obi_Wannabe

February Meeting:
    -February 8 @ 2:00 pm - Village Inn - 4100 E Mexico Ave Denver

March Meeting:
    -March 8. Time - ?? Sith Central. Message Sith_Chick for directions. This will be a St. Patty's Day Parade Prep-Day.

July Meeting/Summer BBQ:
    -Courtney and Shane's in Longmount. Tentatively scheduled for the weekend of the 12th - 13th.

Troop announcement:
    – Talk of improving RMFF standards b/c extra scrutiny in the future by Disney.
    - Will be very strict on face characters.
    - This mostly applies to official 501st and Rebel Legion troop events.
    - Outlaws event on May 4.

Denver Comic Con:
    – Will try to have an exclusive changing room. Careful of items sitting out in public view. More detailed information available regarding displayed items. Jeff will place the layouts on the forum. Work schedules with 501st, Rebel Legion, and Mando Mercs. More professional look around the tables.
    -Jonathan's panel: pub trivia…similar style to last year. People helping out scoring, rooms, prizes. Johnathan needs 4-5 people for help. Lynn, Erica, Michael N, Dale volunteered. Could use one more. Message DieWompRatDie to volunteer.

- - Game event at RMFF table? Need ideas. Want to have the person come back to the table (scavenger hunt?, bingo?, get stamps with local dealers to get them involved (vendors) and then maybe they give a prize in exchange for a “stamp” for the bingo event? Stickers, stamps, signatures on the bingo sheet? Ian will look into putting one together.
    - ---Make-A-Wish Auction – always looking for more donations – tax-deductible. Donations are still being accepted from companies/individuals.

T-Shirt:
    -Front is r2d2 with Leia and back is Star wars collage. Jonathan working with Corey about posting on forum – member’s only shirt – need a board name to order (verifies you are a member). $15-$17 approximate, but will get confirmation later. Hopes to get ordered “soon.”

Galaxy Fest:
    -Feb 22. Colorado Springs. Literary con.

Starfest:
    -Table and presence. Ben looking into it. Can we do one night only? Or whole weekend?

[​IMG]

Haikukid, nnaydolem and FanForced like this.
  22. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Grimby, what do you know about the Starfest table? Thanks for looking into it!

Glad you took such excellent notes as I was there and missed part of it! That's what happens when you're not running the meeting...I can chit chat during the meeting. :p

And slight correction, the front of the shirt will be R2 projecting the RMFF logo. This is what happened in the movie after Leia's hologram...a sort of screen saver.

I submitted the Game Show/Trivia panel via the Denver Comic Con panel submission web site. Thanks to those at the meeting who volunteered to help with the panel. I put your names in and will let you know when they give us one-day passes for the panel day. Although, if you're volunteering to help with the Star Wars Experience area (or whatever it's called this year), you'll totally get a three-day pass for that.

FanForced likes this.
  23. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    FYI Abigail is selling Girl Scout cookies this year so she will probably convince you to buy some. She will bring them to the February meeting if anyone is interested ;)

Haikukid and nnaydolem like this.
  24. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    RE: Starfest Fan Table

I have been contacted by Susan in the last week with the info for signing up for panels and fan tables for this year. Typically, fan tables are required to be staffed the entire weekend during the hours the dealer room is open. I guess what we need to decide is whether we have people willing to be there both Saturday and Sunday.

25. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

I'm willing to be there Saturday, but I'll be at the May the Fourth event at WOTR Friday and Sunday.

nnaydolem likes this.