main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Yoda as Force Ghost Rumor

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by nld3, Jan 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nld3

nld3 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 29, 2012
    Dra--- likes this.
  2. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    A rumor from a source who has a friend at Lucasfilm !

A grain of salt we will need.

3. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    The original source is cosmicbooknews. Bile. There is a reason why no other sites report on “scoops” from them. Honestly, no one bothers with them. They are notorious. Not for the right reasons. Nothing, and I mean nothing, should be believed from them. Please, do not give them the traffic they seek. They are truly the Supershadow of everything.

Sith-Mullet likes this.
  4. I_Love_Scotch

I_Love_Scotch Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 2, 2013
    As far as the pictures in the new Jedi temple, why no picture of Anakin?

5. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    Really? You being serious?

6. Odolwa

Odolwa Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 12, 2013
    I like the idea of hologram jedi in the temple. As long as it doesn't turn into some hogwarts stuff.

7. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    While the article itself leaves a lot to be desired, I'm not against the idea of Yoda appearing as a Force Ghost (or the other Jedi appearing in the background as holograms at some point). In fact, it's almost a given, considering where we've been before with the ghosts appearing in the OT. It fits.

Hitchhiking-Ghost and LunarMoth like this.
  8. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    It all seems pretty con-controversial...except the fact that the Force can be unbalanced.

Many here think Anakin balanced it forever in ROTJ.

If this rumor is true, not so.

Also, having Anakin holo in the temple where he slaughtered children would be pretty bad taste.

This points to the whole issue of how the Legacy of Vader will play in the ST. It could be not everyone in the GFFA considers Anakin redeemed.

niel6658 and T-R- like this.
  9. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Yoda as a force ghost just makes sense on many levels and returning.

TheManFromMortis and Dra--- like this.
  10. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    I would much more expect Anakin to appear to Luke.

Immortiss, Darth_Pevra and Gallandro like this.
  11. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    But people like Yoda more?

12. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    I would hope that if it is Yoda, that its not because of Hayden hate. Yoda is probably more popular a character overall, but Anakin would make more sense to me.

Darth_Pevra and Gallandro like this.
  13. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998

So this really has nothing at all to do with story structure then. LunarMoth rightly points out that from a story structure it would make far more sense for Anakin to appear to his son.

Yancy

Darth_Pevra, Immortiss and LunarMoth like this.
  14. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    I wouldn't say Hayden hate, but it might be because of how stupid it would look for a 30 year old dad talking to his 60 year old son.

plaidphoenix and Dra--- like this.
  15. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    That's a good reason.

But let's face it: no matter how many of us might like to see Anakin again, they might decide not to do it if they think it unpopular. They want people to like the movie, after all. That's what entertainment cinema is all about. Giving the fans what they want.

Anyway, there could be a decent plot reason for it anyway: Anakin doesn't appear because he's busy doing Chosen One things. Whatever that means (well, we saw a glimpse of what that could be in TCW).

Immortiss and T-R- like this.
  16. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    We might have a parade of force ghosts.

Here is my rank in likelihood of force ghosts:

1. Anakin (obvious reasons)
    2. Obi Wan (I don't see him stopping his force ghost conversations with Luke)
    3. Qui Gon (he seems to be the head of the force ghosts; in the ROTS novel, he becomes Yoda's master in the Netherworld)
    4. Yoda
    5. Palp
    6. Mace (don't think it will happen, Jackson seems publically bewildered that he can't get SW info out of anyone).

There are problems with these (e.g. Obi Wan suddenly being a younger force ghost if they use Ewan), but I wouldn't be surprised if we have several force ghosts. Would be really cool if they got Liam Neeson back.

Immortiss, StoneRiver and Dra--- like this.
  17. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
    Nice. I'd swap Obi & Anakin but otherwise agree. Surprised you didn't slip Plagueis in there. Many around here would.

If Anakin appears as a ghost would they go with HC to match the SE of RotJ? Not sure how I feel about that.

18. Blue_Jedi33

Blue_Jedi33 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 12, 2003
    What about a force ghost council with Qui Gon as the Grande Master of it, with all the force users mentioned by the posters that were in the ST.
    Instead of them all popping by one by one, it wouldn't even make sense for Mace to appear to Luke alone.

Immortiss and Dra--- like this.
  19. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    I have a feeling this might have been in the original SP, but changed. Supposedly the new SP is more "secular." So maybe force ghosts were changed to Jedi holos. :(

20. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
    Is this also an option: Luke as a Force Ghost? Maybe at the end of the movie? JJ did say something about giving the big 3 an appropriate send off.

Immortiss and Dra--- like this.
  21. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    From a story perspective it may make more sense to have Yoda be the force ghost to Luke because: A Yoda gave him the MOST training and B Luke knew his real dad for like one minute before he died. On-screen I don't think it works out well were Luke is "catching up on old times" with his dad. And sadly it's probably more socially acceptable to have Yoda over Anakin.

As far as Jedi holograms, I'm all for it. In the Star Wars universe, holograms are just there way of recording. Old recordings of long dead Jedi would have to exist.

22. Blue_Jedi33

Blue_Jedi33 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 12, 2003
    Or a Jedi Holocron, any Jedi could have used it and recorded something of interest to Luke.

niel6658 and plaidphoenix like this.
  23. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
    True plus there might be some tension still between Luke & ghost Anakin, what with Anakin cutting of Luke's hand, torturing Han, that kind of stuff.

24. Darth Raiden

Darth Raiden Jedi Master star 3

Aug 28, 2013
    I find that unlikely to be honest, I think Luke already let go of whatever hatred he had for him when he spared his life. Han and Leia yeah but not Luke

25. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004

If ghosts are involved I'm thinking Anakin would appear to his grandchildren (because of the strangeness of a younger dad talking to his aged son). Obi would appear to Anakin's grandchildren (because Sir Alec Guiness is dead). Yoda would appear to Luke (because he's CGI). Qui-Gon would appear to anyone he wants (IF Neeson would agree).

All of this is from a practical viewpoint, as opposed to a storytelling one.

I haven't actually read the report yet, but I suspected Yoda and other ghosts in the ST already.

Immortiss, Darth Archimage and Dra--- like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.