main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Seller on ebay hasn't sent item

Discussion in 'Community' started by gezvader28, Jan 15, 2014.

1. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    sorry if this is the wrong forum (I must admit I find this site very hard to navigate)

anyway - I bought something on ebay , but 2 weeks later the seller hadn't sent it , I contacted them got no response , so I opened a case against them , 7 days later still no response .

they've got 100% feedback , so I don't get it , my impression is that they're just burying their heads in the sand , plus I think they imagine that once the case is resolved I can't leave negative feedback .

In my experience the only thing ebayers care about is their feedback rating 'cos its what everyone can see .

anyway - I have 2 choices - escalate the case , or - leave negative feedback now before I escalate so that he realises there will be a consequence to not sending .

anyway what's your opinion / experience of this sort of thing ?

2. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    You might want to try the boards at ebay itself and conflict resolution. Or put a stop payment on the item.

3. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
  4. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    escalate it

you can do the negative feedback bit pending the results of the escalation. in my experience ebay usually sides with the buyer on matters such as these.

V-2 likes this.
  5. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
  6. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    FFFFFFFFF+++++++ WOULD NOT BUY FROM AGAIN

7. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    You could also try Googling the user's eBay name to see if there have been complaints on other forums about him/her. Are you sure it is the user's fault and not a delivery issue? As suggested above, I'd start the escalation process with eBay as well.

8. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Wipe them out. All of them.

heels1785 likes this.
  9. gezvader28

Mar 22, 2003

according to the ebay dashboard the item has not been despatched . I contacted the seller over a week ago and had no response .

I just think they're burying their head in the sand , I won the item for the starting price and they prob don't want to let it go for that price .

my thought is - should I leave negative feedback now, before escalating, with the hope that they'll then despatch it and ask me to remove the feedback .

10. Space_Wolf

Space_Wolf Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2007
    Escalate. I've had unfortunate experiences on Ebay when someone tried to rip me off by sending a broken item that was unrepairable. It sounds like they aren't interested in sending it out, espeaically after 2 weeks, and you do deserve to get your money back.

11. CloneUncleOwen

CloneUncleOwen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2009
    [​IMG]

"My God, the genius of that. The genius. The will to do that. Perfect, genuine, complete, crystalline, pure."

12. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    First you should look for the seller rating.

But right now is very late.

Hoping you did not pay with your credit card.

Juliet316 likes this.
  13. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    This is a crisis.

harpua, jp-30 and Obi-Zahn Kenobi like this.
  14. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    And like most crises it can only be rectified via vigorous carpet bombing. DOS attack on eBay commencing in 5 . . . 4 . . . 3 . . .

Juliet316 likes this.
  15. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    i think e-gay just became legal in oklahoma. you might try the tulsa fan force board but i think the court stayed the decision or something i dunno. hth

16. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
  17. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Here's a hint.

[​IMG]

Juliet316 likes this.
  18. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    I had a situation like this happen once last Christmas. The seller had sent the item but USPS lost it. The tracking number indicated that it was delivered, but I never received it. After several phone calls, USPS gave me a case number and a futile hope of them possibly locating it. But let's be real. Every other week I receive my neighbor's mail in my mailbox, so it's not like USPS is all that reliable.

I opened a case on eBay too and eBay actually had the seller send me a replacement item. It was a crummy situation for all parties, as the seller clearly didn't want to resend an item and I didn't want to pay for an item I didn't receive. All could have been avoided if we'd used UPS instead, I guess.

19. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    Well the seller rating can also be just for them paying for items and getting good feedback for fast payment.

20. gezvader28

Mar 22, 2003
    thats true , but I checked their feedback , they sell stuff too .

21. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Dammit Wocky, now is not the time to go to the mall.

MrZAP and Rogue1-and-a-half like this.
  22. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    If he had purchased his item from a physical brick and mortar store, there wouldn't be any confusion about whether he is in possession of it or not. I'm just saying.

MrZAP and Rogue1-and-a-half like this.
  23. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. You know when you buy something on eBay and the seller hasn't sent the item. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    ― Marilyn Monroe

24. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Yes but the cashiers can be mean and scary and stuff.

25. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001

And we'd be all be living under the threat of Soviet invasion.

Live in the NOW, Wocky!