main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canderous and Cade's Crazy Cantina: a shiny new fanfiction social thread!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Commander-DWH, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Mabel's curled up on the couch beside me. For whatever reason, she sleeps right on the edge, so she'll slide off. But, if i move her back from it, she just goes back to the edge.

Mabel! Come back from the edge! Or, at the very least, send me a postcard.

Juliet316 likes this.
  2. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    West Edmonton Mall. It's the biggest mall in North America and you can get eloped there. It's right next to glow-in-the-dark mini golf, IIRC. Now that's fun.

3. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    @Briannakin
    I love your comment about your cat. My MaineCoon, Max is the same way. When I watch horror movies and the movie catches you off guard and I scream, he just raises his head up -- looks and then goes back to sleep. But a loud sneeze and he bolts.

4. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Mabel's the same way, that is if she's not actively watching the movie to begin with. If it thunders outside or fireworks go off, she'll growl a bit, if that. Someone yells? Meh. Explosion on TV? Hey, can I watch, too? Fridge door opens? Feed me? Drop something? Was it food/meh. She sneezes? Meh. I sneeze? HOLY CRAP YOUR HEAD EXPLODED! O_O;

Right now, I'm watching some videos and she's sleeping right through them.

5. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    Wind velocity of the air leaving your nose when you sneeze: 200+ mph.

Probably what gets their attention.

Gemma likes this.
  6. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I could be on the other side of the room, away from her, and sneeze. I could be in another room and sneeze. She still stares at me like my head exploded.

Gemma likes this.
  7. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    My other thing that Maximus (Max) does that always puzzles me is that he is a big boy about 12 1/2 pounds and he will find the smallest places to curl up in. The smaller the happier he seems to be. And for a big boy he has the smallest meow -- like a kitten -- it's kind of funny. And he eeks and squeeks more than he actually meows. My neighbor has originally named him Gizmo -- I named him Max because he was the biggest of the litter. My furry son.

8. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Mabel's daddy must have been a Maine Coon. She's a big girl at 12 lbs and has a squeaky, timid meow (unless she's demanding food). A few of the other kittens from the same or other litters were large and in charge, and one of them, Loki, was definitely a Coon. Sneezy looked like a yellow Maine Coon.

Mabel is just fluffy.

[​IMG]

9. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    My sister's cat is also really big, about 15 pounds, his name is Hercule (there's a pic of good-old demon-laser-eyes a few pages back), but he loves his little tiny baskets that he can curl up in. Meanwhile my cat, Agatha, is rather small, only about 7-8 pounds, looooves to sleep stretched out. Her new favourite place is the fireplace mantle.

10. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    Max has the coloring of Mabel but is really super fluffy like the laser eyed kitty. He's got a big frill and he's super fluffy around his head. One day I will start a photobucket account so that I can share my handsome fellow.

11. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    We should get our kitties together for a TFN kitty convention.

We could dress them up.

12. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Another snow day!! :( I have my medical appointment this morning. I hope I will make it this time. I had to cancel because of weather last week. Hopefully the snow plows will come out soon.

Because everybody knows cats love being put into costumes. o_O This had a funny part about cat costumes. I think it was at 3.5 minutes.

13. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    That video is just so gosh-darn cute. I laughed when the kitty-fart balloon met the kitty-electricity balloon...

14. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    But.... I don't have a kitty to dress up and take to a TFN kitty convention. :_|

:p

15. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Neither do I, Mav. Neither do I. :(

16. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    So, it's officially my birthday. I am thirty-three.

I plan to celebrate by getting some much-needed groceries.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  17. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Happy birthday! Buy yourself something nummy.

TrakNar likes this.
  18. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I shall buy cake!

Cheesecake!

jcgoble3 likes this.
  19. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    The kitty video was great! Thanks, Jedi_Lover. And Happy B-Day TrakNar. Well my family thought we were allergic to cats and many years ago in 1996 my sister had a wicked boyfriend who thought he could drive a wedge into the family by giving her a kitten so she would move in with him and abandon us. Backfired (hehe) we found out we were not allerigic to long haired kitties. So we kept the kitten and got rid of the evil boyfriend. We have had kitties ever since. According to the vet long haired ones have different dandra. I have never tried dressing up my kitties, but I don't think they would like it.

Yeah, when I was a kid I loved snow, now as an adult - not so much. Yeah, I had the same thing happen with an med appt. I hate it when the weather messes things up.

Briannakin likes this.
  20. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
  21. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
  22. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Goodwood - At least I am not alone in my sad kitty-less state.
    (Though I would rather a dog. ;) )

TrakNar - Happy Birthday! I hope you had a great day! Mmm... cheesecake!

23. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Now I remember why I stopped going to the gym in the mornings...creepy lady is there. You wouldn't believe the really painfully awkward conversation she had with me in the locker room. It is too weird to explain, but suffice it to say, the one thought running through my head is, "Why the hell is she talking about this!" Then she asked me some weird questions and I responded with, "Why do you want to know? Are you taking a survey?" She is this skinny, muscular thirty something that likes to walk around the locker room naked and then talk to you. So now I am trapped in a conversations with my head down and trying to pretend that I am really interested in the tops of my shoes. I may have to go back to going to the gym in the afternoons again.

And I was pretty sure she was being patronizing to me. I joined the gym over two years ago and started going in the mornings when she was there. She creeped me out so I started going in the afternoons. I guess she thought I was one of those people who'll buy a gym membership and then quit after a few weeks. She is saying, "It's so good to see you again. I'm so proud of you!"

I said, "I've been coming to the gym for years, but usually in the afternoons."

So then she says, "Oh so you are saying you have been coming regularly?"

Why is that so surprising? I wanted to smack her, but that would entail having to look at her and she is always naked. [face_sick]

24. amidalachick

amidalachick FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 5 VIP - Game Host

Aug 3, 2003
    Happy birthday TrakNar! Hope you enjoyed your day!

Jedi_Lover, that is creepy! People are so weird sometimes.

25. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    I hate creepy people like that. I would like to slap them.

So, my sister made me have a complete mental breakdown last night with 2 text. I'm not sure if that shows how mean she can be, or how emotional unstable I can be when I'm running on very little sleep.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.