main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi Hi & Happy New Year

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by It Is Your Destiny, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    There's no thread about socks&rules. You're right about replying-to-your-own-posts (not good) and the main rule 'not posting while being banned with your main account unless it's a game-ban' got mentioned by Laj already. I would like to add that it's also not allowed to post a (second) welcome thread with your sock or pretend to be completely new, since it's not fair for the oldbies wanting to help.

Other than that, I can't think of anything important. In case you're not sure or have questions, feel free to ask any mod around or post your question here in WNU. Maybe it's even useful to get 'e-adopted', this way you would have one oldbie who you can always go to. :)

2. It Is Your Destiny

It Is Your Destiny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 1, 2014
    Skiara

Ah, I thought not. I read the Terms of Service a few times and found no link. What's a game-ban?

Thanks, Skiara.

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Game-ban - we have (or had) some games going on. Head over to the Community forum and click on the 'Games' tag to see what's current. When we were on the old IGN software boards, game losers used to get a ban of 24-48 hours, depending on the game. Lots of contestants used a sock to play the games so their main ID wouldn't be banned if they lost. It's not considered a 'bad ban' and if any games still do bans you can play with a sock and still post with your main Id if the sock gets a ban.

4. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Laj explained it perfectly. I can't add anything. :)

5. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    Welcome Destiny! I too like your username...definitely one of the best single lines in the saga the way the JEJ delivers it. Two of my three very favorite characters are also Obi-Wan and Yoda (with R2D2 rounding out my top three), and I also really like Qui-Gon. Since you mentioned Yoda's special appeal for you, I thought I would invite you to "join" us in the "Yoda Fan Club" thread: as far as regular posters, we're a small little band:p , but we welcome new members! Sometimes we talk about Yoda there, but we also just enjoy socializing and silly Yoda-themed humor (funny images and gifs etc.). Also you mentioned that you enjoy writing fanfic about Yoda...one of our YFC regulars, Lea-El, also writes Yoda stories and in the past the YFC has run little Yoda-themed fanfic "contests" there.

So, here's the link to the YFC thread, which is part of the SWC ("Star Wars Community") forum:

http://boards.theforce.net/threads/the-new-official-yoda-fanclub-yoda-fans-unite.50003696/

Hope to see you there sometime!

6. Lea-El

Lea-El Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 13, 2005
    Hi Destiny we also like to read samples of your Yoda stories in the club.

I know it's not recommended in other threads but Yoda fan clubers love it, in moderation of course.

Hope everyones keeping warm as US turns into Hoth in 2014.

7. It Is Your Destiny

Jan 1, 2014
    I'd like to make a clarification before responding to the remaining posts. I was already a member before creating this username. However, I was completely unaware of the ‘starting a welcome thread rule’ until it was brought to my attention in post #26 of this thread. I became distraught immediately, and contacted the staff about my honest mistake.

To explain further, I only had limited experience with the boards. Branching out to new threads and forums with a second username was my only intention.

As you probably noticed, I stopped responding to this thread once I realized my error. Now that the staff has allowed the thread to remain active, I can continue with the conversations started here.

I truly appreciate all of the kind suggestions and helpful information offered to me within this thread. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Thank you to everyone that posted.

LAJ_FETT & Skiara,

Thanks for all the help. :)

Pensivia

Thank you so much for the greeting. :) I'm glad you like the name.

I appreciate your kind invite to the "Yoda Fan Club". I've actually frequented the SWC forum, but never delved into that particular thread. Sounds like a blast.

I'm still dealing with some posting phobias, but 'branching out' to new threads is my resolution this year. So, I hope to eventually post there. :D I've seen a bit of Lea-El's work because the other forum I visit is fan fiction.

Anyway, I hope to chat with you some more, and thanks for the link.

Hi Lea-El. :) It's cool that your club allows the posting of Yoda story snippets. That must be fun.

I read "The View from Down Under" recently, and I promise to offer some feedback as soon as possible. I also found two of your other Yoda stories over at fanfic. Are there more? :D

As for the U.S. turning into Hoth, I certainly know what you mean. The ice plains out there only just cleared up today! Anyway, thanks for the thoughtful post.

Pensivia likes this.
  8. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Thanks for the clarification! :)

Have fun discovering the rest of the forum! :D

9. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
  10. It Is Your Destiny

Jan 1, 2014
    No problem. :) Thank you for your guidance.

I'm sure that I'll have a blast exploring the forums. :D

Hi there I Are The Internets. :) I appreciate the greeting.

11. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    No problem! Make yourself at home and get to know your fellow users.

12. It Is Your Destiny

Jan 1, 2014
    Sure thing. :D Thanks. I hope to see you around.

13. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I'm usually JCC, but I will scour the SW film boards as well.

14. It Is Your Destiny

Jan 1, 2014
    Yeah, I've noticed your presence in the community forum. In fact, you tagged me in a thread called "ITT we summon non-JCCers", but I found no rules. Am I supposed to post there?

15. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Haha no that was a joke. We're a goofy bunch.

16. It Is Your Destiny

Jan 1, 2014
    Ah. I see. :) Please excuse my limited knowledge. [face_blush]

17. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    No worries. You're just like I was when I joined.