main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO What are you currently playing?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Aragorn327, Sep 3, 2009.

1. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Ezio Skywalker: so you can only play it online? That just seems a bit rubbish to me. I'd much rather play by myself.

I've started the full game of Bravely Default and I love it! Completing the demo gave me a head start as I didn't have to buy any armour or weapons, which was good. It's probably the best game I've played this year.

2. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    You can still do versus locally but the game is basically structured for Xbox Live matches.

3. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    I'm trying to catch up on everything I've purchased on steam. I should have known taking up PC gaming was going to be bad for my wallet.

MrZAP likes this.
  4. Starwarsfan1439

Starwarsfan1439 Jedi Youngling

Oct 25, 2013
    I'm playing some Kotor best characters ever will play this game till my death

Six likes this.
  5. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Sleeping Dogs. It's free for XBL Gold members right now. :cool:

Lazy Storm Trooper and Life like this.
  6. Ichor_Razor

Ichor_Razor Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    Gran Turismo 6

7. MasterSanders

MasterSanders Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 2, 2014
    Last game I beat was Empire at War playing as the Empire... Rebel scum! I destroyed like 10 planets with the death star.... Lol.... I'm currently playing Jedi Academy and KOTOR, went a little steam happy buying games the other day...

8. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Witcher 2. Catching up on the games I've missed out on. It's pretty awesome although the controls are a little weird.

9. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012
    Far Cry 3 for PC. I recently got a new rig and i've managed to crank this game up on maximum resolution. Though admittedly the more anti-aliasing the more unplayable it becomes, so i've switched that feature off. But this is one of the most immersive shooters since Deus Ex. It's got me completely suckered in. I'm working between the core story based missions and also doing the side-quests, stealing bases and taking over radio towers too. I'm really driven to finish this one off properly, skills and all.

10. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Sleeping Dogs - got it for free from XBL's Games With Gold. Pretty fun so far. Big names in the cast, too - Tom Wilkinson, Emma Stone, Lucy Liu.

moosemousse and Life like this.
  11. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    Enslaved: Odyssey to the West
    Started playing this yesterday and am finding it quite fun indeed. Gameplay feels like a futuristic Prince of Persia, in the sense that it's equal parts a brawler and a platformer. The story is intriguing so far, although not much has been revealed yet at this point in the game. But the winning qualities of the game are without question the presentation and art design. It's refreshing to see a post-apocalyptic setting that isn't perpetually grey and dreary. This was even more the case at the time this game was released. Voice acting, cut-scenes and character animation is also done well, although surpassed by more recent quality releases on that front, like The Last of Us.

12. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I'm really liking it. I'll be doing a blog about it somewhen which I can post if you're interested?

13. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen. Probably some of the most satisfying combat I've experienced in a non-Tri Ace ARPG in quite some time, the world bulding is pretty solid, and there's an elf ear option in the character creator which allows for the (in)glorious return of Jim Tabris, scourge of the non-elves.

I generally stockpiled a bunch of games with Christmas money, so I'm also fiddling around with Devil May Cry: HD Collection, Resonance of Fate, Infinite Undiscovery, Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, Etrian Odyssey IV, SMT: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Tales of the Abyss, and Nier. Given my standard pace of play I'm expecting to finish them all circa 2016. 8-}

14. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Hearthstone Beta. Pretty damn good CCG. Just finished up a 9-3 Arena run. Blizzard may now own my soul though, so that's the downside to this game.

15. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons. Quite enjoying it.

16. Donaldson

Donaldson Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2000
    Just polishing off Midnight Club LA. Going to start Mafia 2 in a minute i think.

17. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Bioshock. Would you kindly agree that it's one of the greatest games of the last gen?

18. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Will be starting Lord of the Rings: Online

19. CommanderDrenn

CommanderDrenn Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 19, 2013
    Star Wars: Empire at War modded.
    It's a really fun game if you enjoy strategy games.

20. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    The Republic at War mod is one of the best I've ever seen, any strategy game.

21. CommanderDrenn

CommanderDrenn Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 19, 2013
    I agree it is well designed and the graphics are fantastic... But the difficulty! On easy, I get attacked every 30 seconds-1 minute. Maybe I am just bad at it, but it is really annoying.

22. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    I will not, as I couldn't finish the damn thing. Got pinned by a Big Daddy early on in the game. Had to lead him around some sort of fountain and continuously ping him to death with whatever pathetic little pistol (or something of the sort) I had at the time. But since the Big Daddy's armor was so thick, this took a lot of time. A lot of time. I mean, I would shoot at him for an hour, save the game, and go back to it the next day, reload with me still running around the fountain with the Big Daddy on my heels, shoot at him for another hour, save, and repeat on the next day.

After a couple days of this, the Big Daddy finally died. So I thought to myself, "Yay! I can finally try to see why everyone else loves this game so much! Time to explore!" I leave the room with the fountain, step into some hallway--and get spotted by ANOTHER Big Daddy.

By that point, controller met floor and game disc was reunited with its case.

Anyway, as for what I'm playing now: Xbox Fitness for Xbox One. It's pretty much a generous library of workout videos to exercise to, and the Kinect ranks how well you're performing the exercises. It contains P90X, Insanity, Tracy Anderson's stuff, Shaun T's stuff, etc. Pretty decent videos, though the experience itself isn't quite as personal as Your Fitness Evolved was on the 360 Kinect.

23. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    If you couldn't get past ONE Big Daddy, then you weren't paying the game right.

24. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Now that I got a full sized laptop, I can actually play insert a disc and play a game on the PC

This game would be Battlefield 1942

Life likes this.
  25. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    Recently began on Heavy Rain. Although I appreciate the game and what they're trying to do, its best played by yourself. Or at least with someone who shares an interest in video games. You'll feel a bit silly playing it otherwise. :p