main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC ~~** OFFICIAL **~~ WACKY NEWS DEPOSITORY THREAD. TOS MINDED. MOD APPROVED. PROBABLY

Discussion in 'Community' started by jp-30, Mar 9, 2010.

1. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    That is ******* amazing.

2. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000

3. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  4. DarthRelaxus

DarthRelaxus Chosen One star 5

Apr 23, 2007
  5. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Your link is messed up.

6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    In wacky news that anakinfan knew in 1981...

Fruit Loops are all the same flavor

I used to eat those at my grandparents' house and I always thought the green O's tasted like the pink O's and so forth.

But apparently this is breaking and upsetting to breakfast cereal fans or something.

7. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008
    Captain and Tenille are divorcing after 39 years of marriage.

Irony!

Actually...I see something else....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

NO DISASSEMBLE!

8. DarthRelaxus

Apr 23, 2007
    http://news.yahoo.com/flatulent-cow...-192159601.html;_ylt=AwrBEiJ4tOZSCg0AkrjQtDMD

Methane gas from 90 flatulent cows exploded in a German farm shed on Monday, damaging the roof and injuring one of the animals, police said.
    High levels of the gas had built up in the structure in the central German town of Rasdorf, then "a static electric charge caused the gas to explode with flashes of flames," the force said in a statement.
    One cow was treated for burns, a police spokesman added.

Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.
  9. Rogue1-and-a-half

Nov 2, 2000
    Whoever burned it, earned it.

DarthRelaxus likes this.
  10. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
  11. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
  12. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    George Zimmerman is set to fight rapper DMX in a celebrity boxing match.

13. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
  14. Rogue1-and-a-half

Nov 2, 2000
    I totally love him even more than I already did for that.

15. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  16. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Pic speaks for itself, however it's big so it's going behind a cut:

[​IMG]

Link to prove quote is real

Edit: This was meant for the derp thread.:oops:

17. Zapdos

Zapdos Force Ghost star 5

Jan 7, 2013
    jp-30 and DarthRelaxus like this.
  18. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I'm going to jail for laughing that hard.

Juliet316 likes this.
  19. BBQ Bill72

BBQ Bill72 Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    [​IMG]

Wesley Warren is surprisingly upbeat and self-deprecating for a guy who, up until recently, spent the past five years with a freakishly huge scrotum — the result of a rare medical condition called “scrotal lymphedema.”

20. slightly_unhinged

slightly_unhinged Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2014
    There's a chap here with a similar condition.

[​IMG]

21. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    Can't stop laughing... [face_rofl]

http://nypost.com/2014/02/23/students-defend-murry-bergtraum-hs-in-error-filled-letters/

[​IMG]

These kids should learn write from wrong.

Earlier this month, The Post exposed a scheme at Manhattan’s Murry Bergtraum HS for Business Careers in which failing students could get full credit without attending class, but instead watch video lessons and take tests online. One social-studies teacher had a roster of 475 students in all grades and subjects.
    Red-faced administrators encouraged a student letter-writing campaign to attack The Post and defend its “blended learning” program. Eighteen kids e-mailed to argue that their alma mater got a bad rap.
    Almost every letter was filled with spelling, grammar and punctuation errors.

A junior wrote: “What do you get of giving false accusations im one of the students that has blended learning I had a course of English and I passed and and it helped a lot you’re a reported your support to get truth information other than starting rumors . . .”
    Another wrote: “To deeply criticize a program that has helped many students especially seniors to graduate I should not see no complaints.”
    One student said the online system beats the classroom because “you can digest in the information at your own paste.”
    “Us as New York City Students deserve respect and encouragement,” one letter read. “We are the future of New York City and for some students, The future of the country.”
    A Murry Bergtraum teacher said, “I am embarrassed that the school will graduate students who write this poorly.”
    Two blocks from City Hall, Murry Bergtraum, graded “F” by the Department of Education, had a dismal 51.2 percent graduation rate last year. Hundreds of students are over-age and behind schedule.
    The “blended learning” program, started last year, helps them load up on credits quickly.
    The DOE said 444 students are taking “one or two” such courses, but The Post found that some take up to eight at a time.
    The program may violate state rules requiring “substantive interaction” between the student and a teacher certified in the subject.
    The school lacks enough teachers to satisfy those needs, but does boast a staffer who specializes in public relations.

The school’s $52,332-a-year “community coordinator,” Kian Brown — also a private “branding” consultant — encouraged kids to write letters to The Post praising Principal Lottie Almonte and her program. Copies went to Chancellor Carmen Fariña.
    Some students defended the lack of reading material and live teachers. “After many years of learning with textbooks in every class, some students eventually get restless with that same learning strategy,” one wrote.
    Another argued, “It it wasn’t for blended learning course, some of us we wouldn’t be learning at all.”
    A junior wrote that the program “made it less challenging and more understandable. We watched a video, answer a few questions, and took an online quiz/test. It was simple, and reasonable.” This helped him score 85 in chemistry, he said.
    But professors at CUNY — where nearly 80 percent of New York City grads who attend must take remedial classes in math, reading or writing — said online instruction often leaves students ill-prepared.
    “These kids feel strongly, but unfortunately they’re not making a good case about the success of their school,” said Jessica Siegel, a former city high-school teacher celebrated in the book “Small Victories.” She now teaches journalism and the teaching of writing at Brooklyn College.
    Failing kids “need more intensive work instead of sitting in front of a video,” Siegel said. “They need a good teacher to get at what they don’t understand, and to work in small classes so they get more attention.”
    Brooklyn College education professor David Bloomfield noted how many letters emphasized passing more than proficiency.
    In one e-mail, a student argued the easy credits were necessary because “we need to move on with our lives.”
    “That’s exactly the problem with credit recovery and other academic shortcuts,” Bloomfield said.

Zapdos and DarthRelaxus like this.
  22. Rogue1-and-a-half

Nov 2, 2000
    It's definitely hard to maintain a straight face.

It had to be a hoodie. What else would it be but a hoodie?

23. DarthRelaxus

Apr 23, 2007
  24. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    The bears! They can fly now!

25. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003