main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Saddest Clone Wars Death?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darth Wookiee, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012

What was his name?

2. Odolwa

Odolwa Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 12, 2013
    Don't call me out on my sarcastic post
    But honestly i felt kind of bad for Savage opress

Sudooku and The Shadow Emperor like this.
  3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I laughed out loud.

4. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Waxer. I never thought TCW would do anything that would make me tear up much less sob. Waxer's death did that to me perhaps because I was a bit slow on this one. I was so excited when I saw him in DoU and even more so when looking at the slide for Carnage before it aired on the OS. When Kix came up and announced Waxer was alive it just didn't click until I saw him and then, oh man it was rough. "The true cost of war can never be truly accounted for" was the fortune cookie of "Innocence of Ryloth" and it perhaps the most powerful fortune cookie the show used. Waxer discovering Numa on the streets and visiting what was left of her home was incredibly sad. It not only went the individuality root but showed off this cool, soft almost parental side in one of these clones. Its incredibly sad Waxer died pretty much underlining that old fortune cookie in a pointless death at the hands of his own brothers. He died in that disgrace and pain.

Savage strangely was the other time TCW managed to make me tear up. Poor Savage had been placed under a spell that turned him into a monster. Its still hard to watch him kill his own brother Feral. He is basically a tool and constantly betrayed. When the spell is broken all that goes away, he's Savage again and there is alot of sad meaning when he says to Maul "I'm not like you". Savage scary as he looks was never supposed to be a monster. Maul sticking by his brother is all the sadder as it may have been the one time in his life he was more than a tool to someone.

Ima-Gun-Di and Captain Keeli. I thought both these guy were awesome and their deaths sad. Di was an awesome embodiment of what, in my head, I think a Jedi should be like. He was a hero, noble and brave willing to fight to the very end and lay down his life if that's what it means to keep others alive. His last stand with the clone Keeli is a highlight of Supply Lines. Sure their names were dumb as hell and it was pretty obvious things wouldn't end well but for me it didn't take away from how sad it is to watch. Its hopeless but he and Keeli who gets up after getting face planted by a flipping grenade stand and fight until the bitter end. They die just as the supplies arrive. This one doesn't quite make me cry, but damn.

5. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Pong Krell.

Mentor. Hero. Father. Brother. Part time lover.

See you in the Netherworld.

:_|

*** damn treacherous clones.

6. Padawan Fangirl

Padawan Fangirl Jedi Padawan star 3

Nov 28, 2013
    Uh.

Sent from my stupid little astro droid using TapaTalk 2.

Contessa and Revanfan1 like this.
  7. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Oh yeah, forgot about them. When Keeli got up it actually gave me chills, and then when he says "We can do this, General!" and gets shot down. It's so sad because he actually thought they could survive...two seconds before he got killed. Then Di sees the escape pods coming and knows he's succeeded...and dies victorious.

Kark you. [face_plain]

8. CommanderColt

CommanderColt Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 2, 2013
    Master Di and Captain Keeli had absolutely no character build up, appeared in only one episode where they bit it, yet the most moving death scene in TCW by a mile. Tarpals had a sacrifice scene, but Di and Keeli was more poignant. Standing up to impossible odds and certain death to buy some innocent people some time to escape? For a second you might think, hey its Star Wars and a cartoon, they'll get captured or something. Nope. The dialogue ... "let's make the end memorable". Pure selfless heroics, even if it was cliche.

Runners up, Waxer for the backstory for the character and Kalifa for the brutality of a kid getting sniped by a ruthless killer for sport.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  9. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Ima Gun-Di's death scene was funny, because, well, Ima Gun-Di.

Surprised no one has mentioned Gregor yet. That explosion was the one scene where I could tolerate Gascon.

10. Cary_the_Brave

Cary_the_Brave Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 5, 2012

Just the typical TCW-style of Hunger Games.

11. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Gregor's not dead, blast it. /denial :_|

Sgt Crowfield likes this.
  12. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    For me it's a tie between Satine and Waxer, though I didn't cry. I mean ... Emily's butterfly end in Corpse Bride makes me cry each time I see the movie. TCW didn't manage to do that to me yet. Perhaps the Order 66 bonus stuff will ... we'll see.
    The absolute best TCW death was that of Colt. That made me giddy [face_hypnotized].

13. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
  14. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012

They'll resurrect Gregor in Rebels, just you watch.

15. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    They'll resurrect everyone who has died so far.

Ima Gun-Di's name will be changed to Ima Bak-Sukkers

16. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    KED12345 Whee that one's been edited. He's dubbed in Anakin's Dark Deeds from the RoTS soundtrack. It works possibly better than the original though...

Hmm... looking at Sgt Crowfield 's post makes me thing... maybe we should have a thread for "best death" as well.

I'd nominate Rex's kill of Agruss for that one. "I'm no Jedi".

17. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012

I know, I just couldn't find another clip of that scene.

18. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    Kalifa was, far and away, the saddest for me. I cried. I said so in my review of it, and I say so again. A young girl taken away through no fault of her own to be mercilessly hunted down. Suffering through who knows how long in constant fear, wondering which breath would be her last...something no child should experience. In the end, she isn't rescued. She's shot down in cold blood like an animal. It wasn't what she deserved and it served to really drive home the message that the galaxy is not a fair place and that death can come for anyone at any time regardless of who they are.

I mentioned in my "Lawless" review that Satine's death was a close second. Though in retrospect, I think the better word to describe her death is...dramatic...Kalifa's was just simply sad.

19. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Satine, followed by Waxer

Legolas Skywalker likes this.
  20. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2013

I love how in that scene, he basically calls obi-wan out on his "morality" standing in the way of killing him, and then obi-wan basically just silently tells rex to kill him with that look...because that's the moral option of course!

"I can't kill you with my own hands b/c it would be wrong. But I can have this officer, who is under my command, kill you - then its okay. I promise. The Midicholrians don't specify that as a force-sin. I'll still get to be a force ghost."

21. MasterSanders

MasterSanders Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 2, 2014
  22. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    The saddest death in The Clone Wars was The Clone Wars itself. And the one who did the deed was
    [​IMG][/spoler]

23. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    That was creepy.

24. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Ima-Gun Di and Savage I feel had the best death sequences, problem was that they made a joke of Di's name right from the start, so I couldn't really take it seriously. And the pity they tried to get me to feel for Savage was only at like a quarter of what it could have been. You can't have Savage going around on a rampage to help Maul and then have him just say "I'm not like you" like he's some tragic character. BS.

How Savage became a monster was tragic, but by the end of the Nightsisters arc, he seemed free and coherent enough to make his own decisions and he voluntarily worked with Maul every step of the way and helped him to do evil things.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  25. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I didn't feel that Savage was redeemed. I thought his death was sad because I felt sorry for Maul.

And since I didn't think Maul should have been brought back at all, that took some doing.

Force Smuggler likes this.