main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

2013 3 3/4" Black Series

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Jun 9, 2013.

1. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
  2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    If you're outside the US and want this be sure to check Amazon's shipping policy - due to licensing they'll only ship stuff like toys to certain countries. I checked on Amazon UK and didn't see the figure listed.

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Entertainer had some of these and the larger ones in stock today when I was in town. I passed as there was nobody I'd collect (mostly Luke and R2s with a large Maul). This is the first time I've seen one 'in person', so to speak. I really like the packaging.

4. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Wave 3 prototype photos

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

whostheBossk and Juke Skywalker like this.
  5. Ani501st

Ani501st Jedi Padawan star 3

Mar 18, 2013
    I will definitely buy the snowtrooper !

News concerning future figures ( source JAT ) :
    Q: Will there be any more Old republic figures released in the future?
    A: No.

Ree-Yees is also confirmed !

6. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Here are some pics of the 3 figures I picked up: Anakin, Padme, and Biggs.

Overall thoughts. Not impressed that they need to use tape to keep the figures strapped in. Then again that made it super easy for me to debox them (not that I wouldn't have anyways.)

Anakin looks good, he comes w/ lightsaber and mechanical hand (which promptly flew away when he fell down on top of it while I was photographing the figures - no idea where it went. *Sigh)

Padme looks awesome. Unlike the original Arena figure she looks like a normal person and doesn't have a waist that's not screen accurate in size. Her face is quite nice, in fact I looked at it and think that it might be one of the better character representations that I've seen in a while. I like that she even comes complete w/ red scratches on her back.

I have the original Biggs in my X-Wing shelf display. LOL - what a difference a couple of decades make. This figure is very screen accurate looking, great costume, overall very nice figure.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999
    Thanks for posting these pics. I haven't gotten any of these TBS Wave 1 figures, as I'm trying to cut back & am satisfied with the previous verisons of these characters.

That being said, IMHO Biggs looks the best, and is a definite improvement over the original POTF2 (1998) version of the character in this outfit, and a slight improvement over the 2007 version.

Looking forward to Wave 2 of the series...if I can find them, that is...

8. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
    Entertainment Earth, has Wave 3

9. It'sHereToStay

It'sHereToStay Jedi Youngling

Dec 1, 2012
    I think we need some a new Darth Revan, one that isn't so expensive.

10. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    My local stores never have the Black Series in stock.

Ever.

Time to hit up Entertainment Earth...

11. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    It's spotty around here too, but mostly because a lot of stores (Wal-Marts mostly) have still refused to mark down their glut of various TPM-themed figures from nearly two years ago, and the pegs are so full of them they haven't even put out wave one of the Black Series yet. At this rate wave 3—the one I'm really interested in—won't see the light of day at local Wal-Marts until sometime in 2019.

TrakNar and Barbecue17 like this.
  12. Barbecue17

Barbecue17 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 11, 2013
    Yup, I haven't seen Star Wars Black 3 3/4 wave 2 anywhere but online. I don't know- they seem to sell at most places around here but more wave 1 gets cycled in. Maybe they'll show up more readily during the big Christmas rush this week or next.

13. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Yeah, even the stores around here that put out wave 1 still haven't re-loaded with wave 2; even though their wave 1 selection has dwindled down to just a few figures. Stores do tend to try and clear out their back room as much as possible during the holidays, so hopefully if there are cases of wave 2 just sitting back there they'll try to get them to the shelf in the next week or so. Hard to believe Christmas is less than two weeks away.

14. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I've only seen wave 1 of both this and the 6" ones.

15. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I've seen the 6" figures at one Target. Once. Only once did I see the regular line at that same Target. Every once in a blue moon, I might actually spot a Black Series figure somewhere, but I can assure you that it won't be in Gettysburg. The figure selection never changes and the tiny section is gradually being devoured by Angry Birds crap.

16. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
    Try Amazon, or Entertainment Earth.

Entertainment Earth already has wave 3, for pre order

TrakNar likes this.
  17. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Of the five 6" Black Series I've bought, 3 were purchased online. It's not my ideal situation, since I think collecting these at retail is more fun, but since Wal-Mart seems to not be carrying them (though a guy at work swears he saw Greedo and Leia at a Wal-Mart near him last week) it saved me from driving all over to get them. Sadly I may have to resort to going online for wave 3 of the 3 3/4" series as well.

18. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Local Entertainer is still stuck in Wave 1-land. I was there earlier and the usual suspects are still warming the pegs.

19. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Yeah, I went Christmas shopping yesterday and I saw the same plastic faces I've been seeing since August. The pegwarmer around here seems to be the Biker Scout. Everywhere I went had two of him. You would think he would be a decent seller, but I'm not sure if army building is as popular as it once was (particularly @ $9.99 ea. U.S.), and it's not like there haven't been several released in the last few years.

20. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999
    I only buy SW toys @ retail, and have to say that The Black Series (TBS) 3 3/4 figures have the second worst distribution of any previous SW figure line (the worst distribution was The Vintage Collection). I have seen very few of the TBS Wave 1 in stores, and now that the holidays are over, have barely seen these anywhere. I'm not sure if I'll ever see Wave 2-on in stores.

I'm thinking I won't see a decent amount of SW figures in stores until the Episode 7 figures hit in Fall?! 2015....

21. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    It's been awful, and I'm not sure why. In some cases, like the Wal-Mart closest to me, they still have TPM Vintage and 3D figures up on pegs w/Black Series price tags on them. I imagine there's probably a case of Wave 1 just sitting in their back room somewhere. They just refuse to mark down the old stock and move on. In other cases stores sold through their Wave 1, or close to it, but Wave 2 either completely sold out in between my visits (unlikely) or they never made it to the shelf in the first place. I'm glad distribution on the 6" series has been more consistent. If I were still actively collecting new 3 3/4" I'd be going bonkers. I am going to be looking to pick up several of those Wave 3, 3 3/4", so I hope things improve.

22. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    I had never heard of the Black Series before. Mm.

23. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    You can see some pics of both the 3 3/4" and 6" figures here on Rebelscum.

24. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    I went out shopping today and the only thing I saw from the 3 3/4" series were a couple of Biggs (there was at least one at every store I went to) and an Anakin whose bubble had come loose and was taped back on!

25. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I swear that my local Wal-mart isn't even bothering to stock the Black Series at all. The same figures have been warming the pegs for months now. The selection hasn't changed in the least, not even for Christmas. It's like Gettysburg just doesn't care.

Has anyone noticed this problem, with stores simply refusing to stock new figures at all?