main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Welcome, dude! :cool:

...wait, there aren't more of you, are there? Are we about to be inundated with a bunch of rebellious 501st soldiers? :p

2. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Aw, I liked The Shepherd's Tale, as well as some of the other Firefly/Serenity continuations.

But welcome aboard!

3. Rex_Nixes_Sixes

Rex_Nixes_Sixes Jedi Youngling

Jan 11, 2014
    Yeah, I loved it! ...was that not clear? I meant to come across as loving it.

4. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Ah, well with the emphasis on "need" it seems like you were saying you didn't need his backstory. Had you put the emphasis on "didn't", then that would have got the correct meaning across. :-B

I know, English nerds. :p

Rex_Nixes_Sixes likes this.
  5. Rex_Nixes_Sixes

Rex_Nixes_Sixes Jedi Youngling

Jan 11, 2014
    Ah, yes- I see that now. My mistake- apologies.

EDIT:

Who DIDN'T need to know Book's backstory?

Todd the Jedi likes this.
  6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    If I don't show up for a few days, call the Charlotte area hospitals because you can assume this ****ing football game has given me a stroke.

Plus the other announcers are making librarian jokes in reference to Howie Long and I don't get the jokes. :_|

7. darkchrono

darkchrono Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005

An army of Jedi knights couldn't even save the Panthers this time.

8. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Not now.

The biased refs making that numb**** asinine call in the first quarter and giving the 49ers a field goal, didn't help though.

9. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2013
    I had been looking forward to that game since about week 13 (which is about when it became clear to me that they'd both make it to the post season).

And I have to say, I was very disappointed. To see Kaepernick and Newton running around counter e/o seemed to be a perfect match up - and I felt like at some point around halftime, the Panthers just stopped playing...it was not what I had hoped for - didn't have a chosen pick for the game (I'm in chicago and a die-hard Bears fan so I rooted for the niners last week obviously) but regardless, I thought it would be an exciting game - it was not.

This Chargers game is not exactly thrilling either but we'll see how the second half shapes up - perhaps that INT. and the end of the half will give the Chargers some momentum to make it a bit more interesting...

10. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
  11. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    I have analysed every second of that.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  12. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    Finally! After waiting for 10 months ... thinking about this, I might as well have given birth to him:

EDIT: Broken link

13. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    ..that asked me for a password.

14. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    Image doesn't work for me either... but from the URL, does it have to do with Wolffe, perchance?

15. Sgt Crowfield

Jul 27, 1999
    Yes, it does ... hmmm ... let's see, I'll try something else ... ad-heavy, but right now there's no other option. Sorry about this. Would someone please be so kind to remove the link in my first post?
    [​IMG]

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  16. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    That worked! Looks like a badass.

Sgt Crowfield likes this.
  17. Sgt Crowfield

Jul 27, 1999
    He comes with four heads .. a phase 1 helmet(ed head), a phase 2 helmet(ed head), the one above and a later-stage, somewhat friendlier-looking version - more like my av. Seated next to the grim-looking version of Wolffe on my shelf, poor Gree looks like a schoolboy.

18. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    I just discovered this guy, Skallagrim, on youtube, a weapons and martial arts enthusiast.

I liked this video which is a teardown of the backwards sword technique featured in TCW and the TFU games:

And I just laughed pretty good at this one:

Todd the Jedi likes this.
  19. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    How's everyone doing?

It's a sunny day in North Carolina, a long weekend for me and I've got my hiking boots on. :D

Time for me to go meet the woods again. It's been too long.

20. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Watching Pats/Broncos. While I'm not the biggest Brady fan, I'm even less of a P. Manning fan, so yeah, go Pats! (there's that hometown pride thing, but I mostly reserve that for the Sox and the Bruins ;) )

21. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I just got home and turned on that game and damn...sorry Todd. I was rooting for the Pats myself just to have an East Coast team in the Super Bowl.

Of course they scored as I was typing this...come on guys, let's pull this off.

And in an hour...

LET'S GO SEAHAWKS!

Nope, not holding a grudge from last week, nope, not at all... [face_whistling]

22. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Jan 6, 2013
    well, this game is pretty much over now...

I really hope the SF SEA game is closer than this - I feel like Brady took some PEDs before the game and didn't know his newfound strength - he overthrew so many passes today. Not an exciting game unless you're a Broncos fan...

23. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Jan 6, 2013
    I almost think that carrol planned that fumble just b/c it was clearly SF's ball and after basically snapping your leg in half, you deserve that ball...regardless of what team you're rooting for. That call sucked and SF deserved to have the ball...

24. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I couldn't help but think of South Park and the ending of the episode from the latest season called "Taming Strange" when watching the Pats vs. the Broncos. xD

25. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I won't go so far as to say the 49ers deserved the ball, but that really sucked for Bowman.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.