main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MS Update MOD Mod Squad Updates - 2014 End of the Year on Page 6

Discussion in 'Communications' started by JoinTheSchwarz , Jan 15, 2014.

1. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    I forgot you guys consider the week starts in Sunday. You do, right? I meant a Mon to Sun week, of course, and I will be making this post tonight, even though the post you quoted made clear there were no assurances about it.

Zapdos likes this.
  2. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    bated. breath.

3. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    Need a tissue for that?

4. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    Mod Squad Extraordinary Update
    Concerning the State of the Senate

After several weeks of discussion in Mod Squad concerning the situation of the Senate board, that was unmerged from the Community board and turned back into an independent forum six months ago, and a very close vote, the following conclussions were reached:

- That the current traffic the Senate board is having doesn't warrant its being an independent board;
    - That the current Senate ruleset wouldn't work after the remerge.

Consequently, the Senate board is going to be merged back into Community.

We have set up a small private board for the discussion of the conditions of the merge, including but not limited to: threads to be archived, threads to be moved, rules to govern the Senate threads if they are to be any different from Community standard, and effects the remerge could have of the moderating team.

This discussion team is formed by the administrators, the Community forum mods, and a small selection of Senate and Community ex-mods and regular posters invited by Mod Squad. Discussion in the Communications thread can continue and will be taken into account, but to avoid the process being dragged into the endless debate of "focus groups" past we are keeping it small and simple.

The discussion team has the task of creating the Senate framework in one week since the start of the discussion, that's, once every invited person has confirmed his or her willingness to take part on the discussion. As soon as the discussion team finishes its work, it will be disbanded and the remerge will proceed.

Rainbow Knight Star likes this.
  5. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    When does the discussion start?

6. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    We are setting up permissions and sending the last invites, so ASAP. Tomorrow, if possible.

7. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    In previous years, the ModSquad had provided a complimentary bottle of Chandon with invites; will the MS spring for Veuve Cliquot this year or remain tighter than a Scottish wallet?

EDIT: I only ask because you would have budgeted for DarthBoba as a mod and since he resigned he didn't get a redundancy package, so there's money in the MS' budget...

8. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Yay, focus group!

Boba_Fett_2001 likes this.
  9. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    They should just bring back the advisory council. All the good people were in AC6.

10. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I don't see the point anyway. It's easy to predict who will be part of it, and it'll just be the same disagreements.

11. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Yeah but you see the JC is powered by that merry go round.

12. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001

Nawwwwwww!

13. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    That was under the IGN software, I'm afraid. Xenforo doesn't have the champagne plug-in.. :p

14. Fire_Ice_Death

Fire_Ice_Death Force Ghost star 7

Feb 15, 2001
  15. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
  16. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    *breathes a sigh of relief and drops simultaneously and fluidly into a cross-legged position*

it is finished, then...

*breathes one last deep rattling breath and is still*

17. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    FRRREEEEEDOOOOMMMMM

18. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    Good decision. I'm slightly surprised tbh, but happy that the right decision has been made. Hurray!

19. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Although I agree with the decision, I still maintain that this issue wasn't (at least shouldn't have been) a pressing issue to begin with, as I believe the Community forum was capable of serious discussions without the re-merger of a Senate tag; Things could have gone around here just as they were, and what exactly would have been the harm?

20. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    epic: I really want to thank you. From the very first day, you were one of the people presenting a strong, consistent vision of the benefits of a merged Senate/JCC community. A lot of people came after you, but they were all working on a foundation you helped lay. We obviously are still in the middle of this process, in terms of creating something that works well, so I can't wait to hear from more of our Senate colleagues about how to put things together successfully. But just for being one of the voices that didn't become resigned or fatalistic, but instead dared imagine that something like this was even possible, my hat's off to you.

epic likes this.
  21. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    OK so we can add "wears hats" to the list of facts we have about Wocky.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  22. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Yeah, but what kind of hats? A dapster fedora? A fez?

23. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    I would argue a homburg. I could see Wocky in horn-rimmed glasses (though without irony; he's no hipster), a grey flannel suit, white shirt, and red bow tie. Basically Brother Mouzone.

24. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    So, the Honorable Elijabba Wockhammed...

25. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001