main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Bonus Content: The Lost Missions **NO SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Dark Lord Tarkas, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    What's up, y'all? I've been checking back here in the confirmed content thread to see what's up with The Clone Wars "bonus content" which is apparently sometimes called by the much cooler name "The Lost Missions" and seeing no new posts, had assumed there had been no news. So I decided to do a search for myself today out of curiosity and holy crow, people, I was wrong. There's a lot of news. I guess most people are into spoilers otherwise there'd already be an active NSA thread for this, but in case there are any other hold-outs like me, we can talk in here now.

This article gives some news without any spoilers:

http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/star-wars-final-season-clone-wars-coming-soon-140600593.html

Apparently there are going to be 13 episodes and they're going to start airing in Germany in mid-February. I noticed the TF.N article has episode titles and synopses, but I avoided reading them. 13 is an odd number...in more ways than one, in this case. It could either be four arcs with only one four-episode arc, or three arcs including a five-episode arc...or anything else, really.

And this article says Dark Horse will be putting out at least one "Lost Missions" arc as a comics adaptation, including what the subject of the first will be (so click at your peril depending on how anti-spoiler you are):

http://www.mania.com/clone-wars-finale-arrives-comics-form_article_139010.html

2. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2013
    That number and the titles/synopses aren't 100% confirmed yet, but if it is accurate - wait, would saying how many arcs/episodes-in-each-arc be qualified as a"spoiler?" even if I don't give any titles or info?? Just in case, I'll do this:

there are 2 x 4-episode arcs, 1 x 3-episode arc, 1 x 2-episode arc.

3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I didn't know about the Dark Horse comic; that's great news. I want to buy as much Star Wars from them as I can this year.

And thanks as always for making this thread for those of us who don't want spoilers. It's going to be especially helpful if/when this gets released in Europe first.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  4. Cary_the_Brave

Cary_the_Brave Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 5, 2012
    And we don't have to translate the pages from German to English either!

5. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    LOL a thread for just the two of us, Tarkas.

Here's to it being just as wild as the last one.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  6. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Hey, I'm in, too. :p

7. Darth Desolous

Darth Desolous Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 26, 2013
    Me too. I hate spoilers too. It defeats the purpose of watching the arcs IMO. Unfortunately though I ended up reading about the prequel character arc, not to pleased what it's about... The more longer we have to wait for the official LFL announcement, the more spoilers are going to be released. So hopefully an announcement very soon, like this week soon...

But anyway, the part about it only being 13 episodes (I find the number odd too!) still puzzles me. Good thing though it didn't come from RTL itself but it still could be a sad possibility. There were those on the other thread that questioned that Cad Bane's new ship shown at CE II wouldn't make the bonus content— they were speculating just the design would. While the info from that event was never publicly published, it was recorded form various sources (even from people that went there), and they all said that we will be seeing Cad Bane's ship. It's production code suggests that it's from a different arc. Sorry if this old news for you, but I just wanted to keep you up to speed if you haven't already.

I'm not really concerned how the episodes will be distributed, just how many there are. Is it 13, 17 or 21? 21 if they managed to finish the Anakin/Obi-Wan arc, 17 is probably the most reasonable to guess and 13 is worse case scenario. For me, I don't find 13 a great number of episodes. Why should we wait a whole year just for only a half of a season's worth of episodes?

8. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Distribution rights. That's why we waited.

I don't even care how many episodes we get, just that they're good.

And I sorta hope they're in order so there is not a "when the hell did that happen?" aspect.

9. Darth Desolous

Oct 26, 2013
    Well, maybe I worded it a little off. I would love a blu-ray/DVD release, though I doubt that would be the first type of release. I'm just saying that I don't really care if we have to see the episodes online or through a certain channel on TV. One thing though I liked about the German press release is that they stated Feb. 15th as a date for the BC. I wonder if it'll be around the same time for the US too.

10. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I don't have cable and I caught a lot of TCW episodes on iTunes or Amazon Instant Video. If I can do the same for these, I'm good. I still haven't bought season 5 on DVD.

11. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013
    I don't say this to be an "old news" hound, but simply to clarify for anybody who might be confused (like I was for a minute): these articles cite the same sources we've been discussing the the bonus material thread (and the Darth Maul: Son of Dathomir thread). It's just the spoiler-free version.

Heh, see, I thought you meant that nobody had done any research about the bonus material recently... and oh, how wrong that would be. :p

EHT likes this.
  12. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm not trying to speak for him and he can correct me if I'm wrong but I'm guessing he knew that already and is repeating the links for the purpose of launching this thread. We had spoiler-free threads for each season (threads launched and run by Tarkas) with some of the same links that were initially posted in the spoilerific threads but as the episodes got closer to release, we needed a place to discuss some of the initial info but hide from "OMG GREGOR BLEW UP!"

The other thread has not been especially spoilerific but it will be very soon. So yeah, what he's posting isn't new, but within days or weeks, the new info will be stuff that some of us don't want to read.

13. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Hey, it's a place I can kinda check the news without having every last thing spoiled.

Because I sure haven't been following the news up to this point. Mostly due to apathy, though.

From now on when I come around here, even if I just lurk, I'm checking this thread for updates/interest instead of the other one.

14. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013
    AF: Yeah, that's what I meant. I thought we'd gotten something new when I read "I didn't know about _____" and something about there not being any news, and was simply confused until I saw the no spoilers distinction.

15. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Darth Desolous 13 episodes actually isn't odd. Most US shows are commissioned with just 13 episodes. The back 10 or so are ordered later. If a show is failing, 13 is considered a good place to stop.

Also TCW always got 22 episodes for each season apart from S5 which got 20. 13 episodes is over half of a 22 episode season and a 20 episode season. Any content we get is over half an average TCW season.

16. Darth Desolous

Oct 26, 2013
    I know it's not exactly half of a season (just 2-3 episodes off), but it's approximately half of one. It just seems sad that we have to wait so long for so less, if this is true. If we could read all of the spoilers, true or not, we can know so much about these arcs already that there would almost be no point to watching them. It would be nice if there was an arc that is part of the BC that we don't know anything about, or at least wasn't revealed about.

I don't find the 13 episode rumor true though because there's so much, like Cad Bane's ship, Tusken Raiders (possibly), and Kliner's estimates, that point to it being more episodes.

17. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I see we are still speculating here......but let me tell you, if the 13 episodes are confirmed and Germany is the first to get them, a lot of you guys will have re-think the way you get your star wars news. This meaning, forget what you have learned (old GL, EU days) so that you can expect the unexpected. This means that news could come from anywhere and just becuase the US doesn't get it first does not mean its going to be less valid than if its mentioned somewhere else. The Disney era has begun....................................................................

18. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Yeah, I'd say listing how many episodes are in each arc would be a spoiler. I don't want to know ahead of time while watching each episode whether it concludes an arc, it will take away from the anticipation. I don't want to be a fascist or anything but since this is the last TCW no-spoilers thread I'd like to keep it as clean as possible.

No diggity.

Darth Desolous the main reason 13 episodes seems like such a bizarre number to me is because they were so hooked on the 4-episode arc format by the end. Even considering that it had already been announced an arc intended for S5 that didn't make it would be part of "The Lost Missions" and that arc was known to be three episodes long, it still doesn't work out for one to be three episodes and the rest four. I am thankful that it seems they broke that 4-episode arc habit, because I much prefer variety in arc lengths.

Yes, this is the spoiler-free bonus content thread. I said in the original post that there hadn't been any updates in the confirmed content thread, not the spoilers thread.

19. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
  20. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Yep, two weeks. I think that channel is owned at least partially by Disney?

21. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    I don't think the article says that, where have you heard that? I haven't checked all the articles since I don't want spoilers.

22. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    A poster from Germany mentioned the ownership in the other thread, and the article said February 15.

23. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Jan 6, 2013

If you read the German Broadcasting company website's "about section" it explains that it is a Joint Venture owned 50% by Disney and 50% by a Cartoon Network endorsed company

24. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Interesting, thanks for letting us know. Disney is wasting no time cashing in! I guess this increases the chance of it airing on Disney in the US? What do you think?

25. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Jan 6, 2013

Right now, the working theory is that because there has been no word anywhere but Germany, there are still legal issues with Disney airing "new TCW content" on a non-Cartoon Network affiliate - and because the German station is a rare case of a 50/50 split between CN and Disney, thats the only reason they're getting the content on-air. Everywhere else (including the US) is most likely still trying to work out the legal issues and we may or may not ever get a broadcast in the US if they can't reach an agreement - it may just go direct-to-video or be released online/Hulu/Netflix..