main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Apropos of Nothing - ACKBAR IN CAPITALS - The Lit Forum Social Thread, v2.0.15

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    Huh. Guess Boba Fett is a mutant too.

TrakNar likes this.
  2. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    It is not a mutant thing but a Canadian thing

3. AdmiralWesJanson

May 23, 2005
    So you're saying Boba Fett is Canadian?

4. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Possebly. Have any of his exes turned into ninja and want to kill him/his currant partner?

5. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Just taught Fly to Yellow Sign, my Sigilyph. Yay for weird Fly slave! Right now, he's being used to knock berries from trees, so he'll be dumped back into the box until Ebon Hawk (my Fearow) finishes leveling.

6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    He'll be played by Hayden Christensen in Episode VII.

7. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    See, you get it! [:D]

CooperTFN likes this.
  8. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Gah, I remembered why I rarely use GTS. All the trades are ridiculous. All of them.

i twade u flabebe 4 mew durr hurr hurr

Nothing but troll trades. I put up an Abra for a Drowzee. Doubt I'll get one for at least a week. GTS sucks.

9. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I've had good luck with it, but I don't put things up for trade -- I just look for what I want and see what I need to find in return.

10. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I did that originally, and found stupid trades.

A Drowzee for a Rayquaza? Please.

Someone traded me a Drowzee for the Abra I put up, so I'm happy. Then I caught a shiny Aipom in a Friend Safari, so I'm doubly happy.

11. AdmiralWesJanson

May 23, 2005
    I wish they remade the original Red/Blue games, with the original 151 and storyline, but using the new graphics and some of the new mechanics, but without adding a bunch of new unpronounceable pokemon.

HIMYM was great,good mix of humor and drama that didn't feel forced. NPH's acting as Barney was off for part of the episode, but he made up for it with the magnificent b*****d moment near the end. Heh, PLEASE.

Castle was quite good- fun guest star, good Casket dynamic (and the teasing of Beckett by Ryan and Espo was hilarious). As for Alexis- Author's Saving Throw.

Archer was alright. Not as good as the season premiere though.

12. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I got a female Drowzee from some male Drowzee-on-Ditto action, so I went ahead and evolved the one I got in GTS so I have a breeding pair. Played with the hatchling (whom I named Kadath) in Amie, and she's very pudgy and likes belly rubs. Then I played with Hypno, and he doesn't like it if you touch his pendulum. He makes a sad face if you do.

13. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Having finished the Callista trilogy, I am completely bewildered at the small but vocal (somewhere, at least) fanbase that Callista seems to have. She's so boring. And horrible. And hypocritical. And boring. Maybe she's just there to make Mara look infinitely better by comparison.

Her being eaten by Cthulhu is one of the few things I can look forward to about Fate of the Jedi.

14. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Seeing people be devoured by Eldritch abominations is one of the many joys in life.

15. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
  16. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
  17. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Snow day today, courtesy of Queen Elsa. My new video card arrived today, promising a day of entertainment bliss. Alas, the stupid thing didn't come with the proper cables so I have a non-operational computer at the moment and I have to rely on my can-barely-handle-Netflix laptop.

So instead of a day without responsibility, I get a day where I do chores because I might as well do something productive :p

18. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    [​IMG]

A very Stealth-E starfighter, no?

Which begs the question, Jek-14: time traveler? Or just from a lost Karen Traviss story?

Force Smuggler likes this.
  19. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
  20. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    All I can think is, I want to build the hell out of that ship.

21. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Force Smuggler likes this.
  22. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    That's what my mom always says.

Gorefiend and Force Smuggler like this.
  23. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    And, clearly, looking at this thing's origins, I'm way out of the loop on this thing. i vaguely recall hearing about Yoda Chronicles but never actually saw it. And, as this was a budget year for x-mas, I did not spend any time roaming the toy aisles.

But now I can add this to my to-do list alongside the TIE Defender that came out a year or two ago.

24. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    It's worth it. The stories are aimed at kids, but there are some obscure inside jokes that only die-hard fans would get. And they occasionally reach Robot Chicken-level satire.

"Master Anakin, you're a great Jedi and all, but you're a... lousy... actor."

25. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I want to see the show, I still haven't.

The game is pretty sweet though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.