main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Anakin Solo Fan Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Force Smuggler, Dec 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    If he would have become a Force Ghost he would have done so by now

2. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    He can still show up as a Force Ghost. It took a long time before Qui-Gonn revealed himself to Yoda as well.

3. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Fair point.

4. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I thought Anakin showed up as a force ghost in FOTJ?

5. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    It was in the Lake of Apparitions or whatever it is. Beyond Shadows

6. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Some ideas...
    In Sword of the Jedi, Jaina manages to locate Kesh. Het starship crashes and she has to survive in the wilderness alone.
    She has to use all her survival skills to survive the dangers of her environment and members of the tribe chasing her.
    Unfortunaltely, the Force Ghost of Anakin appears before her and helps her to survive.

7. Allana_Rey

Sep 2, 2012
    ^ I like that idea a lot.

8. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    It is sad for a parent to survive his own children. I think it is the worst thing that could ever happen to you.
    Leia and Han have lost Anakin and Jacen. They are probably the most unlucky couple in the SW Universe.
    In real life, they probably would have broken down a long time ago.
    Luke lost his wife, luckily he didn't loose Ben.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  9. Anakin Solo Reborn

Anakin Solo Reborn Jedi Youngling

Sep 9, 2013
    Killing Anakin Solo was a huge mistake. A mistake they can fix by bringing him back. I know they decided against bringing him back with flow walking because of the box of worms it would open, but if they use a way that no one else can use to come back, problem solved.

For instance the Fate of the Jedi series set up a perfect way to bring Anakin Solo back. Though Abeloth. Luke, with the help of Darth Krayt, defeated Abeloth and she fell in the Lake of Apparitions, the same lake they saw Anakin in. We know Luke thinks Abeloth will come back soon, that's why he sent those 10 jedi knight to find the Dagger of Mortis. The only weapon that can kill Abeloth for good. What if Abeloth can come back sooner then even Luke thought possible. That Anakin Solo, seeing how dangerous Abeloth is, engaged her in a duel as both are force ghosts to try and by Luke and the jedi some time. And he succeeds in buying a few years. But then Abeloth comes back. But in the duel, Anakin Solo and Abeloth spirits connect a bit and when Abeloth comes back she brings Anakin Solo back with him. A believable way for Anakin Solo to come back without the box of worms. For no one else could come back like this.

Plus after his horrible death Anakin Solo deserves to come back. They set so much up for him to become a great jedi. Like, amoung others, have visions of him leading the jedi. The vision Master lkrit had would still work if he is brought back. He said Anakin and Tahiri are stronger together than the sum of their parts. Then he pauses and dosen't finish. He could have easily seen Anakins death and rebirth and known that he could not say anything.

Add the fact the Anakin Solo's death was just plain and simple cruel. Anakin and Tahiri were just begining their romance and then they just kill him. Cruel. But what is even crueler is the kiss, or should I say lack there of. Tahiri tells Anakin that he has to come back to get that kiss. Then he dies. That, in my mind, is just begging to bring Anakin back. So please Del Rey bring Anakin Solo back so we can have that kiss. Am I right or am I right.

All you people who agree with me I think we should do something about bringing Anakin Solo back. Make a petition. Or send a email to Del Rey, the authors of the Star Wars books and anyone else who has the power to bring Anakin back. It's time we do something rather then just talk about how awesome it would be to have Anakin Solo back. So lets get to work.

Revanfan1 and Force Smuggler like this.
  10. TheChosenSolo

TheChosenSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 2011
    Took me long enough to find this. Is there any hope for me at all? :p

I really like that idea, Anakin Solo Reborn. Yes, that "greater than the sum of their parts" prophecy with Tahiri that bombed out because of Star by Star. Ikrit died for that prophecy, for star's sake!

Revanfan1 and Force Smuggler like this.
  11. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    If they planned on bringing him back, they would have done so by now.
    Although you are absolutely right. The prophecies predicted Anakin would become a great Jedi and succeed Luke as head of the order.
    Well, that won't happen now...

12. TheChosenSolo

Dec 9, 2011
    They must believe that "beyond shadows" was good enough of a return. I guess our only hope is Disney mopping up that particular mess.

13. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Or Disney will can create an even bigger mess... That's what I am afraid of.

14. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Unfortunately, even the admittedly great idea of Anakin coming back by riding Abeloth's coattails is rendered moot given the upcoming ST–and though I don't expect it, maybe we Anakin Solo fans have a small shred of hope to see our hero again, if they decide to name Han and Leia's son Anakin in the ST. It's a very, very slim chance, but I'd love for it to happen.

15. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Here's hoping but remember Lucas' we might get confused with two Anakin's?

Revanfan1 likes this.
  16. TheChosenSolo

Dec 9, 2011
    Fortunately, no more meddling of that caliber by Lucas.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  17. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Force Smuggler is right. Wouldn't two Anakins confuse the public?

18. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Though how it could is beyond me. One falls and gets a black suit and the other doesn't.
    How is that confusing?

Revanfan1 likes this.
  19. TheChosenSolo

Dec 9, 2011
    People don't tend to understand that I'm talking about Anakin Skywalker's GRANDSON when I talk about Anakin Solo, but then again, these are people who didn't know there were Star Wars books. Those who know wouldn't be confused at all.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  20. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Yeah, if it was actually explained in the movie "this is Han and Leia's son" then I don't see how anyone could be confused. And you can't count little kids, either, because any little kid young enough to be confused (say, in the 4-7 range) would be too young to probably know who Anakin Skywalker even is unless the higher end of the spectrum had seen TCW. And that shouldn't be too hard to explain.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  21. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    "And this is Han and Leia's son..."
    "Anakin."
    "Wait....Anakin? Isn't that that guy who had a padawan in that clone wars cartoon?"
    "Damn it, Leia! I told you to name him Han Solo, Jr! Now you made everyone confused!"

General Immodet and Revanfan1 like this.
  22. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Perhaps it won't, but I would not take any chances if I were a moviemaker.
    Most of the people who go watch a SW movie have no knowledge of the EU.
    You should not underestimate how dumb people can react from time to time.

Revan_AnakinSolo likes this.
  23. Allana_Rey

Sep 2, 2012
    I do like Anakin, but I don't think it's a good idea to bring him back. It just doesn't feel like something that would occur in something Star Wars related. Having an already dead character come back to life, unless he is a force ghost.

24. TheChosenSolo

Dec 9, 2011
    Ordinarily I'd agree with you, but Anakin was so much wasted potential, not to mention quite a few unfulfilled prophecies. As a matter of fact, profic just threw EVERYTHING away. Jacen, Jaina, AND Anakin were supposed to succeed Luke as leaders of the Jedi Order, now Jaina alone remains alive. And how can Tahiri and Anakin become greater than the sum of their parts, TOGETHER, if Anakin's dead?

25. TheChosenSolo

Dec 9, 2011
    Gonna try to revive this thread, so I'm gonna give what I would write as my answer to this question:
    For starters, let's assume for the moment that what was revealed about Vergere in LotF never happened, and she truly was a Jedi. I doubt Vergere would have taken Anakin the way she took Jacen, and she would've come back to the Jedi with the strike team aboard the Ksstarr. Jaina would be stricken by grief over the death of her twin and skirt the dark side, but Anakin would console her and bring her back to the light. Star by Star writes that as Anakin is battling Yuuzhan Vong at Myrkr, he feels the Yuuzhan Vong presences distinctly in the Force, as though "the Force had somehow expanded to include them." Adding this to what he discovered at Yavin IV previously, he begins to deduce the fundamental truth about the Force and where the Yuuzhan Vong exist in it. Tsavong Lah is executed by Shimrra for his failure in bringing Jacen and Jaina to him, and Nas Choka is replaced as Warmaster. Vergere leads the Jedi to discover Zonama Sekot, and Anakin further uses this in his discovery of the Force. By now, the Shamed Ones heresy has become known to the Jedi by further battles with the Yuuzhan Vong that are becoming more and more victorious on the side of the fledgling Galactic Alliance. Anakin sees a way to use this as a method of striking against Shimrra himself, and so GA military strategists concoct a final assault on Coruscant with the help of Zonama Sekot. Anakin and Tahiri form a strike team to rendezvous with the Shamed Ones' resistance, and an assault team led by them storms Shimrra's palace. After a perilous journey, Anakin and Tahiri finally meet up with Shimrra. Anakin and Tahiri fall into the Force in much the similar way as Anakin did at Myrkr, and together, they find the strength to overwhelm and defeat the Supreme Overlord, further becoming greater than the sum of their parts. The Yuuzhan Vong finally admit surrender and agree to retreat to live on Zonama Sekot to discover themselves where they belong in the Force. Thus ends the NJO series, and further on is anyone's guess, though I would assume Anakin trains Ben as a Jedi.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.