main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC ITT we complain about our 1st world problems...

Discussion in 'Community' started by Kiki-Gonn, Aug 17, 2011.

1. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I can't hijack other people's cars in L.A. Noire. There's no gameplay option where I can flash my badge, yell "police business!", and then proceed to run over commies and racists for the rest of the time.

2. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    There's something unsettling about my post followed by IATI's.

3. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I could've sworn you could do that. It's been a while since I played L.A. Noire, though. Somewhat underrated, really; they made some bad decisions regarding the gameplay and connecting plot, but it was dripping with style.

Anyway: it's snowing and consequently I can't carry my laundry over to my complex's laundromat. I'll have to do it on Saturday instead. :(

4. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Pure coincidence I hope, SLG.
    It's a good game but the main character is so poorly underdeveloped that he comes across as a "Gary Stu" individual. It's also next-to-impossible to tell if suspects are lying or not. It relies on sheer dumb luck.

5. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    We lost one of our iPads

6. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I walked into the bathroom and saw a sweaty obese man using the urinal with his gym shorts pulled down to his knees. He had set two unopened water bottles on the counter. I assume he planned to down them so he can make some other poor, unsuspecting soul uncomfortable with his fat, pasty ass as soon as possible.

heels1785 and Kiki-Gonn like this.
  7. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    That's one nice thing about being a woman. Our worst bathroom first world problem involves listening to the phone conversations other people have while sitting on the toilet.

Juliet316 likes this.
  8. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Once I walked into a bathroom and went to the urinal. There was someone in a stall who had just finished a #2. He came out, went to the sink, wetted his hands for all of one second without soap and then brushed them through his hair. He then opened the door and left. So there I was now scarred forever. I refuse to touch bathroom door handles.

9. Darth Morella

Darth Morella Force Ghost star 6

Apr 5, 2004
    Ah, bathroom stories. I do research at a university lab so you routinely see people wearing latex gloves. Well, one day I went to the bathroom and there was already a person in a stall. I went to pee in another stall and afterwards, as I was washing my hands, I see a woman emerge from the other stall, latex gloves on, and heads straight for the door and back into the lab.

10. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Yeah, you can do it. You've just got to be really close to the car, which generally means running in front of it to force it to stop. And you're right about the game -- the gameplay had some problems, but it looked gorgeous and the cases and atmosphere were fantastic. If you approach it not for the thrills of gameplay, but as an interactive film noir storytelling machine, there's a lot to appreciate.

11. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Really? Because just last week I walked into the women's bathroom at work and there was a fecal explosion all over the toilet and walls of a stall.

heels1785 likes this.
  12. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Anyone get hit on while trying to go #2 in a public restroom? Not fun.

13. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I don't want to go to class.

14. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I used to clean bathrooms as part of a job- I can verify that the genders are quite equal when it comes to horrifying creations.

15. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    I'm in the middle of another winter storm, and the power to the part of the house with my room (and my computer) has gone out a couple times in the last hour.

16. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    I...I forgot...I forgot to make coffee this morning.

17. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    People at the grocery story today went in the express lane with carts loaded with groceries, looked back at me and my two items, thought for a moment, then continued on with their groceries that exceeded the "fifteen items or less" criteria for the express lane. This **** will not stand.

18. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    I don't go full cart, but I am known for exeeding the 12 item limit and lacking concern about the plight of others.

19. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Don't be part of the problem, man.

20. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    6th one down posted by me

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

21. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Except you checked back, and my retort was hardly a retort and definitely not witty. :p

22. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Are we on the same posts per page amount? There is a 15 items through 12 limit bragging post there.

23. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Ugh, damn it. :p I DUN GOOFED

Kiki-Gonn and VadersLaMent like this.
  24. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    A 'friend' of mine posted a link on FB about the snowstorm in GA being a false flag attack of some kind and I wasted a minute of my life reading it.

25. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002