main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2013

Well the current rule is bogus considering that, on the replay, he clearly had the ball all the way to the ground - plus, when its that clear AND you snap your knee like that, you pretty much deserve it IMHO.

EDIT: Regardless, they got it back and drove to the EZ only to get that great pick so its all moot right now...Go Seahawks!!

2. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    This thread kinda died, huh?

You know what's brought me great joy? Repeatedly destroying my nieces in video games. Reminds me that I'm not getting too old for that stuff.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    My kids destroy me in video games and laugh their asses off about it.

I'm not getting old though. I froze myself in carbonite back when Pac-Man was available on the Atari 2600.

4. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    Get a game you can crush them at. Like Pac-Man. Play all day and put up all the high scores. That'll drive them nuts.

I do it with any 2D Mario platformer. Been playing those since NES. But now Mario has all kinds of moves I don't even know, I just stick with run and jump for the most part.

Your kids are probably good, though. My nieces suck, they don't play much and they can't really focus.

I got Just Dance 2014 for my niece for Christmas. She brought it over yesterday and I just blew her away. It's not that I'm just that good, it's just that I stay zoned in the whole time and she doesn't.

Still, it's just so good to troll her with my skillz to the point she gets mad and declares that I'm cheating. Something like this:

"How are you doing this? Have you played this before?"
    "I don't even have a Wii!"
    "You're cheating!"
    "I've been playing dance games/Mario games since before you were born!"

I like that line, "since before you were born". I use it as often as possible.

EHT and anakinfansince1983 like this.
  5. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I use a variation of that one on kids at work at least once a day and I think I've used it on the boards a few times. It is fun.

And my oldest watches instructional videos on YouTube for games. Unless I want to catch up on the 5368 hours that he's watched, I'm doomed. : p

The Pac-Man/Space Invaders machine at the laser tag place we go to, though...

"MOM! When are you going to let me have a turn!"
    "Pac-Man will die before you finish high school, I promise. Keep your shorts on."

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  6. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Reminds me of when I play my younger brother in Mario Cart or Star Fox 64. He'll own me in most of the current shooter games but when I take the old SNES or N64 out of the closet I massacre him and his friends. That is really gratifying. LOL, and he'll always make the excuse its because the older games suck and are 'unfair'.

7. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    House hunting is the worse.

8. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    So I had a fun morning today. About an hour before I had to wake up I heard a large crashing sound. It kept going for a few seconds and I realized it was falling plates. By the time I got downstairs it had stopped. My initial thought was that one of the shelves in the plate cabinet collapsed under the weight of too many plates, but I was only slightly relieved to see that it was a different set of shelves that collapsed- the one that just had a few decorative plates and other misc. china on it.

Turns out one of the rawhide straps holding the shelf up had disintegrated from age and snapped. It's one of those things you should check but don't because it's out of view and doesn't need to be done very often.

But still, that was a great way to be woken up suddenly. [face_plain] Fortunately the only one who could have been potentially hurt at the time (the dog) was sleeping elsewhere, and about half of the plates and stuff survived unscathed.

9. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Yikes. I'm glad nobody was hurt. :eek:

10. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    Todd the Jedi

I know the thread was probably redundant and you gotta be fair and even, but you gotta let those ship threads last a while. They're usually quite amusing. It was already getting insane in the membrane, a little out of control, but also had a very playful vibe, everyone was being cool for the most part and the TS was a great sport.

LACWAC needs the lacwacy, cuz it's had some serious dead stretches lately. And the TS was a bit of a noob, we need all the noobs we can get.

It's cool and all, just something to consider. Pic was funny, though.

Oh, and IIA_MasterSHenson welcome to the boards! Good thread! Don't let the lock discourage you, we just get LACWACy! (it's an outdated term)

11. IIA_MasterSHenson

IIA_MasterSHenson Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 1, 2013
    Oh. Hello there. I don't know what LACWAC is. Thank you for the encouragement though. :)

12. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    Yeah, it's an outdated term that's still a habit for some of us.

This forum, Star Wars TV, was formerly known as LACWAC.

Live
    Action
    Clone
    Wars
    And
    Classics

I believe it was changed to Star Wars TV because Rebels was coming, it's no longer just Clone Wars. And maybe because Live Action will never come.

13. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    The forum name got changed before we could convince a single duck to pronounce it on YouTube.

I'm pretty sure Filoni named a pit droid after us though.

In unrelated and more mundane news, the Reincarnation of P.T. Barnum, aka my son, left a fake spider on my nightstand last night.

I have been encouraging him to put the jokesterism to good use. On other people.

14. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    CT-867-5309

Yeah, although LACWAC may be out of date, it still holds a place in many of our hearts. I was only here about three months before they decided to change the name, but the title "LACWAC" made quite the impact on me. When I first joined in early March of last year, this was a truly zany forum with bustling activity following the season-ender. I recall threads such as this one, the LACWAC version of "One Sentence or Less" in the Lit forum. It's currently locked due to inactivity since March, but when the board becomes more active again, I'd love for the mods to unlock it so that LACWACers SWTV natives can have some fun. I look forward to the time when this forum is once again heavily trafficked with numerous discussions about new episodes and/or big news regarding the bonus content and/or Rebels.

Also, I retook your "LACWAC Personality Quiz" from back in April (when I really wasn't LACWACy at all), and now got a score of 44...straddling the line between sane and LACWACy, which sounds just right. But that proves I've gotten at least a little more LACWACy over the time I've spent on this forum. Probably inevitable. But I can truly say that I am proud to be (somewhat) LACWACy.

Even though the name LACWAC and many of its remnants have been swept away, I do want to reiterate that the mods and everyone here who still considers themselves to be LACWACers welcome newbies that would otherwise never realize the name ever existed to this forum with these words.

EHT and anakinfansince1983 like this.
  15. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
  16. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    After a certain amount inactivity threads now lock automatically. If you guys would like threads unlocked your welcome to PM me or one of the other SWTV mods and we'll look into reopening those threads.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  17. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    Pixar's movies are usually good and I like Star Wars so this is a win/win scenario for me. So long as the plot is decent I don't see a downside to this.

18. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    I see Lux Bonteri was arrested in Miami today for DUI and illegal drag racing. Stay classy, kid.

19. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Ahsoka will use the Force to get the key to unlock his prison cell, I'm sure.

Darth Valkyrus and CT-867-5309 like this.
  20. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Death sticks again? I thought he went home to rethink his life.

21. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I ran 2 1/2 miles on the outdoor track at sunset; I was the only one there, because it was 25 degrees and the Southeastern US "OMG WERE GUN-DI HYPOTHERMIA!" hysteria was fully in place, as it always is in January when it actually feels like January.

I was warm and totally zen when I was done.

22. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Wake up people. I don't like talking to myself. Even in the days of Bluetooth headsets, people look at you funny. Pretending the looks are of admiration only works for so long.

Anyway...my nephew stole my brother's phone and texted "Star Warps" to me. I texted back that he can "borrow" his dad's phone if he texts "May the Force be with you".

The kid did it. A couple of typos but he's five.

23. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Upgraded from Galaxy S to the S4 = [face_hypnotized].

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  24. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    I had an extreme emotional response over this song while writing. Looked up to see two other students staring at me through my window.

25. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    While good, it's my least favorite of any of the PJ Tolkien movie songs. I even like "I See Fire" better. Of course, I always get chills listening to "Into the West", especially when thinking of Gandalf's little speech to Pippin about the Grey Havens and Valinor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.