main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Starkiller in Rebels

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by InterestingLurker, May 31, 2013.

?

Do you want Starkiller to appear in Star Wars: Rebels?

1. Yes

69 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. No

115 vote(s)
    62.5%
  1. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    And Starkiller brought them together in TFU. The common people have no hope of overthrowing the SITH without the Force on their side.

rdhight likes this.
  2. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
  3. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
  4. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Did I mention Starkiller is kinda overrated?

5. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Makes it all the more impressive doesn't it? The common people rising up and challenging the Big Bad Sith?
    Anyone else hate the Pro-Force users bias to the exclusion of non force users since the PT started?

6. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    That's what Palpatine thought.

In the end, his regime was brought down entirely by non-Force users. And they would have killed him too, even without Vader's turn, in that they successfully blew the DS2 while he was on it.

I don't buy the idea that the Sith emperor was unassailable to any and every effort of ordinary mortals, with only other Force-wielders being a threat to him. I don't buy that for a moment.

7. sharkymcshark

sharkymcshark Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 12, 2013
    This is set a couple of years before TFU isn't it?

If Starkiller did appear it would either be as an antagonist or as a good guy about 5 or 6 seasons in (TFU is set 1ABY, this is set 3ABY from memory).

The only way I can see them working in an appearance is if for the finale of the show whenever they do decide to end it they want to resolve the 'Darth Vader was captured less than a year before the Battle of Yavin but we don't know how he escaped' thing from the end of TFU2. I'd imagine that would be the end of the show.

8. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    You have no idea how much. I hate the notion that Sith can only be threatened by Jedi. I think it is total bs, especially because there are so many possibilities.

Palpatine could be poisoned, shot, drowned, and so on.

Vader could be killed by electromagnet or drowned etc.

No, but Pablo Hidalgo said just recently that the events of season 5 TCW and rebels are more important than TFU.

9. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    There was no one in the galaxy that posed a threat to Vader and the Emperor besides Yoda, Obi-Wan, and Luke though, and as long as the Sith survived the Empire would as well. Sidious would have forseen a conventional attack and easily been able to thwart it. If Vader hadn't brought Luke to the DS2, it would not have been blown up - the tide only turned for the Rebels when Vader turned back into Anakin and killed the Emperor.

10. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012

Yes it would have, the Rebels plan was to blow up the Shield Generator and when they did that, Lando and the others would enter the DS and blow it up whether Palps likes it or not

Darth_Pevra and Force Smuggler like this.
  11. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2013

While I do admit that the non-force using rebels did all of the work and their plan succeeded as they had originally planned it (w/o force-users) I do think Darkslayer makes a valid point. We know that the Empire succeeded in its military engagements because of Palpatine's use of battle meditation and I do think that Luke's presence on the DS2 distracted Palpatine from truly focusing on the Rebels on Endor's forest moon. If Luke had never gone to the DS2, I think an argument could be made that Palpatine would have forseen the defeat on the surface at the hands of the Ewoks and would have taken measures to prevent that. Frankly, the Ewoks won but were still pounded and their tactics surely couldn't have held up for too much longer (how many log traps could they have built??) Chances are, if Palpatine was focused on that battle, he would have kept sending troops down until the Ewoks had run out of traps and defensive measures - possibly by even using a weapon like the defoliator to destroy all organic matter around the generator (even if that killed his troops too, it would assure victory). I think arguments can be made by both sides but I don't think this topic (DS2 destruction) is one that can conclusively prove that non-force users could take down Palpatine/the Empire. I think there are probably other topics that could more conclusively prove such an argument.

12. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    Darkslayer did you even watch the same RoTJ as the rest of us?

While Palps was goading Luke on the Death Star, the Ewok ambush went off, and the stormtrooper legion was drawn off into the depths of the forest in a diversionary pursuit they really shouldn't have fallen for. When Palps was gloating about how "your fleet is lost, and your friends on the Endor moon will not survive" the commandeered AT-ST was approaching the bunker and about to trick its crew outside, proving Palpatine's gloating words to be patent BS. While Luke grabbed his lightsaber and attacked and the Emperor cackled, Han was blowing the shield generator and the attack was commencing. When he was frying Luke with Force lightning, Lando and Wedge were hurtling towards the opening of the service tunnel leading straight to the reactor core.

The only thing Vader's turn and kill of Palpatine achieved was to ensure that Luke could escape the doomed Death Star, and let it be seen that Anakin had turned back from the Dark Side. The actual destruction of the DS2 and the death of everyone onboard was already a foregone conclusion, from at least a minute or two before Luke and Vader even started their duel.

Even if Luke had turned right there and bowed and said I will do whatever you ask RoTS style and got Darthed up on the spot, the only thing that would have achieved would be to mean that Lando and Wedge would kill three Sith in one go when they blew the thing.

13. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    That is what I was getting at, the Luke-Vader incident was distracting Palpatine from putting all effort into his Battle Meditation, and so allowed Lando and co to break through the Imperial defenses. Darth Valkyrus Legolas Skywalker

14. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    Still not buying that all attempts by non-force-senstives to overthrow / kill him would be eternally doomed to failure.

15. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    The EU may not be the best source for infos on the real Palpatine since they made him into some dark nigh unbeatable demigod who can literally shoot lightning out his butthole and destroy entire planets with the force alone.

Movie Palpatine was a powerful and crafty manipulator, who can still be bested (Windu, Vader) and can still die like any other mortal.

Skaddix likes this.
  16. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    Cad Bane ‏@A_Targaryen
    Dec 13
    Infinata is the start of the Rebel Alliance from TFU considered canon with the Rebels storyline? Or is TFU not canon at all?
    Retweet
    Favorite
    More
    Details

Pablo Hidalgo ‏@infinata
    Dec 13
    @A_Targaryen no. The TFU version isn't canon. The season 5 Clone Wars stuff is.
    Retweet
    Favorite
    More

Anyway, even if it was true that Force-users were needed to rebel against the Sith, it would still be a bad idea.

17. MaulLover1313

MaulLover1313 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 30, 2014
    It would depend when the show will take place. But I do want Starkiller to appear so that his fate could be revealed. It is very likely if Sam Witwer will work with the show since he is the voice of Starkiller.

18. CommanderDrenn

CommanderDrenn Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 19, 2013
    While this may seem strange, I find Witwer's voice incredibly annoying and over-emotional.

19. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    He does an excellent Sidious.

Circular Logic and Mia Mesharad like this.
  20. Master Mini 907

Master Mini 907 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 3, 2013
    Starkiller's awesome and he basically created the rebel alliance

21. Darth Wookiee

Darth Wookiee Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    Yea ummmmm no he didn't.

Ahsoka did.

For real though, he is not canon, way too overrated and made too powerful.

Star Wars: Rebels will show the formation of the Alliance.

22. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    There's room for both I think.

23. Dameron

Dameron Jedi Master star 4

Apr 8, 2014

This is also what I believe. Not so much in terms of ripping the Star Destroyer out of orbit, or even in terms of any kind of physical feats like deflecting blaster bolts, but in terms of being able to understand and shape events far beyond any logic. The Jedi couldn't reach out and crush the Death Stars with telekinesis, but events were shaped so that they got destroyed.

Without the force, the Rebellion can only hope the Sith make a fatal mistake. They could win, but only if they get help from an own goal.

24. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Pretty sure that Bail Organa and Mon Mothma, with the help of Admiral Ackbar and secret communications with Obi-Wan, created the Rebel Alliance.

The idea of one character single-handedly creating the Rebel Alliance, especially while diminishing the roles of the prominent Alliance characters in the movies, is lame.

Too powerful and too overrated indeed.

25. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    As I said in another thread, the games are no longer canon. TFU is no more.

Darth Wookiee and Force Smuggler like this.