main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi Greetings

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by RepublicKnight95, Jan 25, 2014.

1. RepublicKnight95

RepublicKnight95 Jedi Youngling

Jan 25, 2014
    Hi there,

I used to be a massive Star Wars fan. Like, huge. I watched the films on a daily/weekly basis, I played all the video games, I collected the action figures, I read the books and comics, I had t-shirts, posters, I even had a Darth Maul costume and a Darth Maul blow-up chair I had in my room. I used to quote lines from movies during conversations, and my friends considered me the biggest Star Wars geek they'd ever known.

Then, for some insane reason that I cannot explain and now deeply regret, I slowly started drifting away from my Star Wars addiction, so much so that I eventually just didn't consider myself a fan anymore. I took up some other interest, such as professional wrestling, however I always felt this gaping hole deep inside.

I study an Interactive Media course at college, and two of my tutors are big Star Wars fans. One of our projects was to use Maya, a 3D modelling computer software, to accurately model an AT-ST, and another vehicle from the original trilogy of our choice (I chose the Y-Wing fighter). Then our next, current and final project is to create a game, from scratch and with as little tutorial help as possible in a group of 5. Our group collectively decided to create a podracing game, and those projects, as well as the release of Battlefront and Episode VI next year, have inspired me to once again become one with the force.

The thing is, I'm really rusty. I used to know a poodoo load of Star Wars facts, but almost 4 years later and I can't remember a lot of them, which is a shame. I am currently rewatching the films, catching up with the Star Wars: The Clone Wars TV series, to which I watched up to the end of Season 2 all those years ago, and I'm reading Wookieepedia daily. I am going to begin reading my books again (I have the entire set of Republic Commando books), and I'm going to play all my games again, which include KotOR, KotOR II, Republic Commando, SW: TCW: Republic Heroes, and The Force Unleashed I and II.

Hopefully, in a few months time I'll be back to my Star Wars geek prime again, and I look forward to meeting you all.

Thanks for reading, if you made it through the whole thing.

2. Ewok_Slayer

Ewok_Slayer Jedi Master star 2

Nov 24, 2004
    Welcome back and welcome to the boards!

3. RepublicKnight95

RepublicKnight95 Jedi Youngling

Jan 25, 2014

Thanks, looking forward to making some new friends.

4. Mr. K

Mr. K Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 1999
    greetings, Earth creature!!!

5. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
  6. Darth Maul Apprentice

Darth Maul Apprentice Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2014
    Welcome. Don't worry about being rusty. I'm sure it'll all come back to you in time.