main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canderous and Cade's Crazy Cantina: a shiny new fanfiction social thread!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Commander-DWH, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    Jedi_Lover, TrakNar

After seeing JL's kitty again and heard mention of Mabel -- I am going to attempt to show you My Max. My furry son. Please forgive me in advance for being a doting mother, but he's the baby I will ever have.

He still tries to fit in this box but he doesn't quite fit anymore. The ones where he is fluffier are the more current ones. He's my BigBoy. About a 13 pounder.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    Big kitty. Cute kitty.

Gemma likes this.
  3. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Hey all, I'm back! [face_dancing] Everything went well except for the day I was due to be discharged and I came down with something and they had to keep me in for a few days. Got out yesterday and I'm doing ok. Really tired though as yesterday was busy, so I'll be back to bed for a bit. Just wanted to let you know that I'm fine. :)

4. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
  5. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Welcome back moosemousse! Gemma that last photo of your cat looks like Max is saying, "I'm trying to sleep! Please stop taking photos of me!"

I just came into my office and saw my cat sleeping with his face crammed into the corner of my in-box. I guess he doesn't like the overhead lights.

[​IMG]

6. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Mabel's been sleeping on my bed, mostly. I haven't had to chase her out of the cat box as much. I mean, it's nice that she thinks I keep it clean enough to sleep in, but seriously, Mabel. Sleep on my bed. Sleep on the couch. Sleep in your box with your new sushi-shaped toys. Sleep anywhere but the cat box.

Ewok_Slayer likes this.
  7. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Welcome back moosemousse I'm glad you are okay! :) [:D]

Cute kitty Gemma

Jedi_Lover - I think your kitty just wants to help with the work since he is always in your inbox. ;)

8. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    Goodwood, mav-jade - thank you both I think Max is cute too. The people at the vet always fawn over him. He's a big pussy cat.

Jedi_Lover -- Thanks for you comment on Max's last pic -- the caption I had was Do I have to put up with this. Mom was taking the pics for me as I was holding him and by the third pic he was squirming. Being held is better when it's his idea. What's your kitty's name? Max's mom, Hope looks like the one in your In-box only Hope is tiny like 6 lbs.

TrakNar -- glad to hear Mabel is now sleeping some place other than the cat box.

The kitten picture with the orange blanket turned out fairly well as it was taken with a cheap phone. The blanket was mine and he seemed much happier in the cat bed when I put it there and the black thing - he is laying on is my wrist brace. He was only 1.7 lbs in that pic --- I still can't believe how big he is now.

9. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Gemma my cat's official name is Fuzzball, but we call him Fuzzy most of the time. He is 14 pounds. He looks like a Maine Coon cat, but his mom is a short hair, so he's a mutt.

10. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Nothing wrong with mutt cats; in fact, they tend to be smarter and less prone to illness. At least in my experience.

Gemma likes this.
  11. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    Jedi_Lover -- that's amazing I would have thought Fuzzball was a purebred Maine Coon. Max's Mom Hope was a purebred Maine Coon - caught by an white and black alley cat -- so Max is a mutt too --- although his Maine Coon side seems to be dominant. We call him Bigboy so much he also acknowledges that as one of his names too. Max and Fuzzy are almost the same size. BTW -- you were one of the ones I reached out to when joined this site. Thanks again for your help and I always fine your comments on fics entertaining. I'm still wading my way through the fic.

12. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Glad everything went OK moosemousse

My sister's cat is a pure-bred rag-doll cat while my cat is pretty much as much of a mutt as one can get. She was in a litter of 10 and apparently momma cats can get knocked up by 2 different male cats and this was apparently the case. Most of the kittens were black or black and white like the mom, but there were a few grey and white ones and THIS ONE RANDOM GINGER KITTEN and according to the shelter they all came from the same mom. Aggie is all black. [​IMG]
    She's my clumsy panther.

13. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I didn't mean that as a disparaging remark. It was just that the Purebread-Police on another site pointed out that I could not call my cat a Maine Coon Cat unless he is a purebred.

I have never owned a purebred cat. This is my first longhair cat and that was only because I got him very young and didn't realize he was a longhaired cat. I thought he was just fluffy. Since his parents were shorthaired I thought he would be shorthaired. I have nothing against longhaired cats, but they do seem to aggravate my allergies more than shorthaired cats.

He was back in my in-box this morning. He loves it there.

[​IMG]

Your cat is really cute Briannakin!

14. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Woke up with Mabel wanting fed. She's been staying off my shelves for a while. Perhaps keeping the spritz bottle there has helped.

15. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Thanks everyone! [:D] It's good to be back! The only thing I don't like is that while I was in hospital I was up and mobile and everything but now that I'm back home I just want to sleep all day. [face_tired]

On the topic of cats, my mummy cat is a Maine Coon cross. We don't know what she's crossed with but she is lovely. Then she had kittens with a random cat and they all came out adorable. I think the same is true for both cats and dogs, that it doesn't matter if they're purebred, cross-bred, or mutts, if they're cute and have good personalities then that's all that matters.

Gemma, Jedi_Lover and Goodwood like this.
  16. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Another snow day with no snow. School was cancelled because of wind chill temperatures under -20F. I don't think the diesel busses can start when it is that cold. Also the schools don't want kids getting frostbite at the bus stop. My school doesn't have bus service, but the other schools in the district do. So we get snow days when they do.

Edit: I just got a call. Tuesday will be a snow day also. o_O

17. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Do your kids EVER go to school? Seriously. I remember walking to school in -45C weather. Diesel buses can start in that kind of cold. The ONLY time school was cancelled was when the power went out. Those 2 days in my entire 13 years in the public school system were awesome.

18. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    No, they don't go to school much during the winter. lol! They just make the school year go longer in the summer to make up for excess snow days.

19. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Back where I grew up the same things is happening right now with no school because of the cold (My mom's a teacher so I hear about it). They didn't used to do that, but this day in age you can't risk it as someone will get sued. That and, at least for WV which is a pretty poor state, there are so many kids that would be standing out in that in a hoodie and jeans because they don't have a coat, much less gloves, a hat and a scarf.

When I was young we got snow days a bunch, but that's because in WV if you slide off the road it's entirely possible you slide 2,000 feet down the side of a mountain and they might find you next hunting season. (I wish I was joking... that's happened more than once.)

20. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I don't mind snow days because I have to drive them the 30 miles to school and then 30 miles back. I don't want to risk getting stuck in the snow. When my car died a few weeks ago during the cold the battery didn't send enough current to the computer (so the error code said) and shut off all systems to the car. So the heater didn't work, the emergency lights didn't work. I was driving the car when it happened, so it wasn't a case of the car not starting. It just stopped for no reason. I don't want to risk getting caught in this weather.

Ha! I didn't tell the kids that school was cancelled and sent them to bed at the normal time. They will be mad if they found out. :p

21. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Bah! You're either a horrible, or a genius mother. I can't tell which. My brothers are on their exam week. They only have their exams tomorrow and Wednesday.

For the 5th year in a row, the town that I live in is statistically the #1 most dangerous city in Canada, with more murders per capita than New York City. WE'RE #1! It's our only claim to fame, so we embrace the suckage.

22. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    What is worse with my kids is last week they had the flu and had sick days along with snow days and it was exam week. My oldest has three finals to make up. He was puking his guts out at school and they sent him home, so they better give him a retest.

Why is your city so dangerous? Did the jobs leave? Is there a drug problem? Is the town full of vampires? I watched 30 Days of Night. I know what goes on up there.

23. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    If they knew he was puking his guts out, they should give him a retest. I once showed up for a math exam looking and feeling like death and I was sent home and they let me do the test the following week.

It's the wampas. They all have anger issues.

It's actually all organized crime, mainly to do with transporting drugs. However, it doesn't help that one kid went psycho in the summer and chopped up his father with an axe. I had a few friends who lived about a street over and they were all evacuated when the police went to make the arrest.

24. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    Briannakin --Your Aggie is cute. Here's a weird coincidence. In 2010 Mom lost her first cat to old age and we went to look at the ASPCA the day after. My Mom warned me -- we are only going to Look --- not bring one home. Mom and I live next door to one another. The kitty we both fell in love with looks just like your Aggie. This little black kitty was a shoulder hugger and buttered both Mom and up when they let us sit with her in a room. Her name was Agnes. When we got her she was bone thin (6 lbs) -- Mom changed her name to Jade because of her green eyes and now she weighs 9 lbs and still looks skinny but her belly is now sporting brownish red underskirts and her tail has plummage. We are guessing her malnourishment was night letting her longish undercoat come in. The only thing I find strange with a black cat is that she's hard to photograph and when she closes her eyes she disappears.

Jedi_Lover --- I really adore Fuzzball --- he's a very handsome kitty.

Yeah I dread going out tomorrow to a doc appt --- it's supposed to be really cold and windy.

25. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I haven't watched any DVDs in a while. Perhaps Mabel wants to watch something and that's why she's been acting weird. I've upset her routine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.