main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Fantasy Flight Games and the Star Wars TCG

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The Loyal Imperial, Sep 7, 2012.

1. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    Early depictions of Mara Jade didn't shoehorn her into her apparent "Emperor's Hand garb." I guess it was the Thrawn trilogy comic that started that, along with a bunch of other stuff.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

She pretty much dresses like a normal human in her WEG depictions.

2. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Whoa, she's dressing like a regular person in that middle one. I can't even process that.

WEG somehow continues to impress beyond the grave.

Jedi Merkurian and Reaper63 like this.
  3. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Suns of Fortune failed to disappoint.

They weren't kidding - they covered the whole Corellian Sector - the whole Corellian system, all the major worlds from various sources, and all the minor ones showing up in the Atlas. Nice little map of the Sector as well. We get a good explanation about how such a significant and old world has such a low population and urbanization - Corellia got completely ruined thousands of years ago by industry, and they did a massive clean-up and moved all industry to orbit. Duro is included, but they emphasize that Duro is actually in its own sector and the Empire folded them in, as WEG had mentioned; plus, they provide a great explanation - the Empire has a general strategy of keeping locals from turning on the Empire by having them turn on each other. The entire adding of Duro was designed to create resentment between the Corellians and Duros.

And my favorite line - "The Corellian people are, on average, naturally smarter, luckier, and better-looking than the typical galactic citizen. At least, that's what they tell everyone."

4. King of Alsakan

King of Alsakan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2007
    Cool, I think I will go ahead and order then. I know you said there wasn't a lot of capital ship stuff, but was there a decent amount of history stuff in there other than what you mention above?

5. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    Yes; each of the major planets has about a page or so of history. Lots of interesting little bits too (such as the Selonians managed to escape the Rakatans by retreating entirely underground before they arrived, leaving no trace of themselves on the surface, or how Corfai considers itself one of the primary Core Worlds but was snubbed being a Core Founder)

darthscott3457 likes this.
  6. Darth_Henning

Darth_Henning Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2007
    Definitely going to be picking that up next time I'm at the local game shop. Along with an extra core set for X-wing.

I recognize the other two. What's this one from again?

7. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    1st image is from the Mysteries of the Sith add-on to Jedi Knight. 2nd is from WEG - either one of the Adventure Journals, or the Thrawn Trilogy SB I'm guessing.

8. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    That third one is definitely a Japanese NJO cover. Couldn't tell you which one, offhand.

9. Darth_Henning

Darth_Henning Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2007
    Pretty sure its thrawn trilogy. I remember seeing it lately. Its that third one I can't place.

Ah. Thanks Jello.

I really think they should do posters of all those Japanese covers without text.

10. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    The third picture is from the Japanese cover of Specter of the Past. The second picture is from Cracken's Threat Dossier.

I think the first one is from Masters of the Teras Kasi, but it is also the cover of Mysteries of the Sith.

11. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    Cracken's? Damn, I was way off.

12. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Oh, it's Specter? Well, then I guess I was way off too! But that explains the Bothan -- actually I think that same Bothan is on the American cover, too.

I could tell the middle one was from the CTD though, it's in the image name :p

13. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Personally, I would explain Corellia's low population on the fact they keep moving out. Let's face it, an oddly large amount of characters from Wedge to first-guy-eaten-by-Rancor are Corellian.

(And, as an aside, as often as Coursicant itself shows up, I can't think of any characters actually born there.)

14. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

Isard, Raith Sienar and Lumiya spring to mind

15. King of Alsakan

King of Alsakan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2007
    I have never liked the low population of Corellia. Maybe the prevalence of Corellians in the Galaxy could be explained by there being lot of space habitats, like Kuat, or there are just a lot of Corellian colonies out there who have larger populations than their mother planet.

16. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    There are a few of the worlds in the Corellian Sector with larger populations than Corellia. One gets the impression, though, that Corellians don't want a repeat of what happened to their world in the past - and it's a big galaxy.

Oh, and there's even a little anecdote about how a Solo ended the Alsakan Conflicts. Priceless.

darthscott3457 and Iron_lord like this.
  17. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Jacen and Jaina Solo. Gara Petothel.

18. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
  19. Contessa

Contessa Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2013
    I know the second picture's supposed to be all "ooh, pretty holocron", but holy ****, a little black girl with natural hair! That almost never happens in scifi/fantasy art. I love you even more FFG.

20. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Is her dress from any known culture?

21. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    The Core Worlds as a whole, I think, suffer from some unfortunately low population numbers. Mass colonial exodus is probably the simplest explanation to go with, that at least manages to preserve some of their sense of power and influence.

darthscott3457 likes this.
  22. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    In relation to what? Given the number of settled worlds in the GFFA any system with more then a Billion people is already way above average.

Sensible population management might be another.

Gamiel likes this.
  23. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Plus, it has been proven that birth rates go way down as quality of life goes up - to the point that many first world nations today would have shrinking populations were it not for migration.

Gamiel likes this.
  24. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    [​IMG]

25. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    As I said way above average ;)