main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO What are you currently playing?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Aragorn327, Sep 3, 2009.

1. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012
    Just finished Far Cry 3. In the end, I decided
    to save my friends, to me that was always the logical choice, I hardly gave it any thought. You went to the Island to be with your friends, not to become a warrior. Once your friends were taken from you, your undying loyalty to your friends never wavered, even when becoming a warrior. It made no sense to join Citra, at all.

For my next game i'm backtracking to 1993 for a bit of nostalgia; Gabriel Knight.

2. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
  3. Odolwa

Odolwa Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 12, 2013
    I just got around to trying Demon Souls for ps3. After being confused of whats going on, Its just been one big grind. And i walk away annoyed and feeling iv gotten nowhere each time i play it.

4. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Mass Effect 3. Love these games.

Legolas Skywalker likes this.
  5. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    I've just been building stuff in Minecraft.

6. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Just Cause 2 Multiplayer Mod. Because JC2 needed more insanity...

7. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor OVERCLOCKED. The mechanics and plot seem excellent as always, but character-wise it's (At least currently) like trying to play SMT with Willie Scott as a permanent party member. :rolleyes:

8. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Trying to play Borderlands 2, but it crashes my PC on launch [face_plain]

9. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Played some more Splinter Cell: Blacklist. Nothing much else.

10. Chance the Jedi

Chance the Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 25, 2005
    Replaying Arkham City at the moment. Going to grab Arkham Origins as soon as I'm done with that.

11. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    But...but...how can that be? The PC being the uber superior platform etc etc?? :p

12. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001

I know, right?

13. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Yeah, it's those pesky console ports - like, say, GTA V will be - that muck things up for serious gamers. :p

14. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    GTA IV had a ton going for it on PC, didn't it? You had a sweet theatre mode, plus the possibilities of modding so that cars aren't a pain in the ass to drive.

15. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Oh gods yes. The cars on plain, unmoddable console GTA IV handle like SUCK! :-\

16. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    I dunno if anyone else follows Achievement Hunter, but it is absolutely hilarious watching them play GTA IV after GTA V came out. All the driving skill goes out the window. Real cars don't drive the way cars in GTA IV drive.

17. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999

I did watch many of the recent AH GTA IV videos, which in turn gave me an itch to go back to Liberty City. The experience, to say the least, has been dissapointing. The game has definitely aged badly as far as the X360 hardware is concerned. Gameplay and movement feel clunky as hell.

And then there's the driving.

Jaysis, it's ridiculous. I had forgotten how badly cars handle in this game. Driving Roman's cab is a nightmare. The ******* thing handles like an aircraft carrier. I have to jam the left trigger as hard as humanly possible in order to make the goddam car just stop. Driving around other cars feels just the same. Going back from GTA V to this feels like a needlessly frustrating endeavor.

Online things aren't any better. Liberty City is nearly a ghost town most of the time unless you find a free roam session with people just messing around. But try doing other activities and you may find yourself being just the other player against one or two other guys running around in a big empty neighborhood. It's a shame really; I never much played that game online and Crooks vs. Cops seems to be really fun. I do wish that mode had made the jump to GTA Online; I'd probably be playing not much else there.

Penguinator likes this.
  18. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    I've gone back to DARK SOULS in preparation for the sequel. Doing a level one Pyromancer playthrough.

Tis tough.

19. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I saved just before the end so I could see both endings. The other ending is kinda weird . . .

20. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012

I caught the alternate ending on YouTube, I clearly made the right decision.

21. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    I'm revisiting Mirror's Edge.

22. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Battlefield 4, Marvel Lego Superheroes, Batman: Arkham Origins and Injustice: Gods Among Us, all excellent games.

23. Six

Six Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 9, 2014
    DC Universe Online. Fun game, but theres far too much commitment for me. I'd have to play for months non stop just to even match some of the lower level guys on there, and still get pwned by the top players. I'm not a big MMO fan. But theres nothing out right now that I want to play. The next 2 games I know are a definite buy for me are Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor and Destiny. Hopefully RDR3 or Fallout 4 gets announced soon so I can add to that list of games.

24. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Hearthstone. It's in open beta now, go play it fools.

25. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    Started Deus Ex: Human Revolution today.