main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC The odd & interesting world of dreams

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthTunick , Sep 8, 2012.

1. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I had a dream just last night that I went to go see The Hobbit DOS, but every single character spoke in a Boston accent and were all laughably dubbed.

Fifi Kenobi likes this.
  2. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Dreamt of shopping with my daughter. Drove passed a building with a sign in the window that I thought read 'SALE Darth Guy Girl Scout Cookies'. Had to drive around the block to confirm. Sure enough, that is what it said, along with having a picture of Evan on it. Thought WTF is he doing in Wisconsin. lol

3. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    Selling cookies ya god damned moron!

Healer_Leona likes this.
  4. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Part of a dream last night including taking care of/playing with a litter of puppies that the family dog, Lucy, had given birth to. They were so adorable! Little golden retrievers... which was considerably odd, as Lucy is a chihuahua.

5. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    [​IMG]

I piloted that.

[​IMG]

And defeated that. I recall the pilot canopy being quite cozy, well cushioned, and all kinds of cool holographic displays.

Point Given likes this.
  6. mrsvos

mrsvos Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 18, 2005
    Now that sounds like a fun dream!

7. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    It was outstanding.

8. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    I had a weird one where my parents asked me to babysit their parakeets (which I do periodically). Instead of the two ones they have, they had over twenty in three gigantic cages. The kicker was that they had two miniature Triceratops, which apparently didn't faze me since I remember saying "Oh, so you finally got into the pet dinosaur craze?" Whereupon my mother told me that she was entering them in the Westminster Dinosaur show.

9. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I dreamt I was playing Grand Theft Auto V (which I own but haven't played yet) and there was one mission where Gordon Freeman and I had to take down a dragon but then winded up in hell. I don't think that's what one does in GTA V.

10. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    I'm a bit perplexed that the most odd/weird dreams I have (that are remembered, DUH) occur when I go to sleep sober, such as was the case the other night: I'm in a literal black & white world, entering a cafe. Once there, I have a conversation with Lucille Ball, and as I exit, I notice Darth Vader sitting in a booth.

11. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Do things that would send you to hell? I think that's actually a pretty explicit part of the game's pitch. :p

12. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    So I had a dream last night that I was going to go see MIBIV (curse you Wocky!) but the theater seats were perpendicular to the screen for some bizarre reason. I did order a delicious steak dinner at this theater though. The steak tasted like pizza though for some reason.

13. Rainbow Knight Star

Rainbow Knight Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 18, 2005
    A month ago, I dreamed I was walking through a hospital. Then, I somehow ended up outside standing by a large tree. All of a sudden, a huge lion comes up beside me, and takes my arm in his mouth. A nurse walks outside, see what's happening, and just stands there silent.

I woke up relieved to discover that it was just a dream, and I still have my arm, and no lion is present either.

14. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    I had a dream a few days ago that I was playing ping-pong with Martin Scorsese. Even after I woke up, I was like, "Hey, that was Martin Scorsese! Cool!" Like somehow it half-counted as meeting him or something.

15. scooper121s

scooper121s Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 4, 2014
    I usually dream I'm a Mandalorian, or a jedi... or both :p

16. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Last night I dreamt that I was on a mission to assassinate Tywin Lannister. His castle was located at one of the Ivy League schools in Boston. I then proceeded to go after his soldiers using V.A.T.S. from the Fallout series. I also met him in the dream too because he gave me the location of his castle. Seemed like a nice fellow too.

17. mrsvos

mrsvos Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 18, 2005
    I had dream that I accidently took home some books about fishing that Keifer Sutherland had on hold and I was trying to figure out how to sneak them back before anyone found out.

Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.
  18. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    I had a dream that included a new Beatitude: "Blessed are the strong, for they are hilarious." I have no idea what this means, but I'm pushing for divinely-inspired status.

19. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Right before I woke up this morning, I dreamt that the episode of Mad Men I was watching ended with Pete Campbell hugging Don and saying "Hail Hydra."

I haven't even seen TWS. Weird.

20. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    I had a dream last night that I visited rhonderoo at her job.

21. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i had a nightmare that jay z and beyonce were having problems.

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  22. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I had a dream that Jesus appeared at the Mall of America and took a massive **** in the middle of Taco Bell.

mrsvos likes this.
  23. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    One of the weirdest dreams I ever had involved me playing cowboys with some friends and I hid under a car in my garage and was playing with a toy gun that I actually used to have as a kid. Then I came out from under the car and shot at one of them, but I had turned into Mickey Mouse. Then people came in with real guns and were taking people hostage. I turned into myself again and I was sneaking around trying to escape. Then I came around a corner in a crouch and one of them was there. I raised my (now real) gun and opened fire. He fired back and I was hit in the throat. I fell to the ground; there was no pain, but I knew I was dying. Then I . . . well, I died and faded into this greyness. My dream ended, but I don't think I woke up, because I seem to remember waking up after a long time of not dreaming.

I felt really, really weird. It unsettled me all day. To dream that you died and then wake up was a genuinely disturbing experience. This happened like ten years ago and I still remember it that vividly because it shook me up so bad. I've never died in a dream before or since.

24. Condition2SQ

Condition2SQ Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    I had a dream last night that the Seahawks and Broncos both advanced to the Super Bowl, marking the second time in NFL history that a Super Bowl matchup took place in two consecutive years. I hoped for Manning to be embarrassed just as badly as the year previous, and I got my wish; the Seahawks won 46-6, at one point leading the game 43-0.

25. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Dare I ask how many?