main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Apropos of Nothing - ACKBAR IN CAPITALS - The Lit Forum Social Thread, v2.0.15

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    I read THIS, and thought of all those poor droids. :p

2. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    I have to try that mod. Middle-Earth works a lot better in a Total War environment but marrying your daughter to Sauron should be entertaining for a while.

But let's talk about a setting that works well in CKII: Game of Thrones. And more specifically: The eight episode of the third season. Don't worry yourself red-faced for the small wedding cake, there's more coming.

3. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    It's been far too long since I've played CKII. Haven't played enough to stop sucking, but I've never enjoyed a game that I suck at more.

Are there any essential CKII mods? The GOT one sounds fun, but I'm enjoying the regular setting enough.

4. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I use CK2Plus to improve the gameplay of the main campaign significantly, but warning that it heavy and will make the game run slower. Aside from that, I mostly run mods that add more hats.

Ah. Yeah it was pretty sudden. It wasn't until I saw it that I even realized that the Green Arrow is not the same thing as the Green Lanturn. But the show is quite good. I suspect I'll catch up sometime this week.

Misa ab iPhono meo est.

5. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    THIS SW/Wild West mashup is currently exploding over reddit. Me likey.

The Loyal Imperial and tjace like this.
  6. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    It is rather old by now actually
    Here is the guy who make them's pages
    http://sillof.deviantart.com/gallery/
    http://www.sillof.com/

He has made a lot of Star Wars mashup
    Samuraj
    Wild West
    Road Warrior
    Steampunk
    Rom
    Cyberpunk
    Retro science fiction serials
    WWII
    Fantasy
    etc.

EDIT: GrandAdmiralJello you should look into his Roman War figures http://sillof.deviantart.com/gallery/44944031

Ulicus likes this.
  7. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    Okay, cool. It's still currently exploding over reddit. ;)

Yeah, his page is linked in the imgur album. I'm very impressed. :D

CooperTFN and Gamiel like this.
  8. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  9. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    In the future, sir, share this stuff as soon as you find it. Then we can all know about stuff before it was cool. :p

Gamiel likes this.
  10. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Well then, do you know about Fred Perry's Steam War comic?
    [​IMG]

That Michael Vilardi who worked for WEG have posted some of his Star Wars images on deviant art
    http://caesar120.deviantart.com/gallery/42019578

Denis Medri's Star Wars 80's High School Re-Design
    http://denism79.deviantart.com/gallery/42288593
    [​IMG]

and then there is Otis Frampton who has made some excellent Star Wars art http://otisframpton.deviantart.com/gallery/41751950
    F.ex. this commission of an image that could come from Star Wars Episode VII
    [​IMG]

Is that good Ulicus ?

11. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009

If you enjoy the Elder Scrolls games, I would recommend the Elder Kings mod. It's more stable than GOT, has all sorts of fun titles, Akaviri and other fun groups are playable (since it's the second era), and a better custom soundtrack than AGOT. I once restored Ayleid control over Cyrodiil- the title actually changes to Kingdom of Ald-Cyrod. However, the vampirism is supposed to be a bit broken. Other than that, I second the recommendation of CKII+.

And I actually have given the LOTR mod a spin. It's just as bad as it sounds. Not to mention the terrain and political maps are ugly IMO.

instantdeath likes this.
  12. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Oh, I didn't realize that Disney poster was an animated gif. Awesome. The Disney Renaissance films clearly have the best posters.

re: these action figures, I've only looked at the Western and Roman ones so far... but I am distinctly unimpressed by the Roman ones. The western ones are pretty creative and fun though.

I feel like I've seen that Steam War poster before -- never looked into it, as Vader looks kind of dorky, but steampunk in general is always cool. Those swords make me think of Adumari blastswords, actually.

13. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    How does vampirism translate to CKII? I'm having visions of offering rival houses marriage to one of my bloodsucking chidren...

14. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Fred Perry's Steam War is, to my understanding, actually not and adaptation of SW but it is highly inspired by it and it's visual design

15. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    [​IMG]

16. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    THEY BOTH HAVE THE WORD GREEN IN THEIR NAMES OKAY GEEZ

:(

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  17. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    If they were one person, they wouldn't be able to as effectively teach kids responsibility. Everyone knows good self-help seminars involve at least two people.

[​IMG]

darthscott3457 likes this.
  18. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    [face_laugh]

This video makes me realize we're going to have to memorize a whole ton more crazy names for the sequels... especially if they have Lucas's input. Because let's face it -- nobody invents a crazy name better than the Maker.

Point Given and instantdeath like this.
  19. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    To be honest, it's not that much of an exaggeration to say that one of Lucas' greatest talents is coming up with great names for his characters.

20. King of Alsakan

King of Alsakan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2007
    Appropriately enough he is shooting up on something a little more powerful on Arrow. Now we just need a Green Lantern cameo.[\SPOILER]

21. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    Might want to edit spoilers in. Jello hasn't watched the second season (not really direct, but something can be inferred). Though he deserves it for calling me the worst person ever :p But I guess I will begrudgingly admit it can be hard to tell the truth.

22. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009

I'm not entirely sure just yet. I've yet to get a character infected. I suspect you get immortality, but also get hated for being a bloodsucking spawn of Molag Bal. There's probably other mechanics as well.

23. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006

Both Batman and Superman have the world "Man" in their names too. :p

TrakNar, Gamiel and Mia Mesharad like this.
  24. King of Alsakan

King of Alsakan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2007
    Haha, good point, tried to be a little vague. Hopefully fixed via some smartphone editing.

25. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    That is exactly the response I'd predicted I'd get. Exactly this example.

Mia Mesharad and Point Given like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.