main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social So, how spoiler free will you be?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by Legacy Jedi Endordude, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Randwulf Crescentmoon

Randwulf Crescentmoon Jedi Master star 4

May 25, 2013
    Yeah, the NSA forum is more my cup o' tea... *nods*

Well, I'm off to SA.

2. Carbon1985

Carbon1985 Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 23, 2013
    Now that we know the release date of Episode 7, I am now just waiting for confirmation that Ford, Fisher & Hamill are back & then I go into SW hibernation for 2 years until trailers & promotional stuff start.

jaqen likes this.
  3. Randwulf Crescentmoon

Randwulf Crescentmoon Jedi Master star 4

May 25, 2013
    I know what ya mean. I'd love to hear that Peter Mayhew, Billy Dee Williams, etc. are returning, as well.

4. TheOneX_Eleazar

TheOneX_Eleazar Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 24, 2013
    I want to know absolutely nothing. So if it isn't in a trailer I do not want to know.

5. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003

6. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I want to stay spoiler free, but honestly, I am weak! You'd have to strand me on a deserted island for me to stay spoiler free

7. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Watching trailers is not remaining spoiler-free to me. After seeing movies I watch the trailers and realize just how much I could have learned had I watched the trailer. I liked being surprised by a double-bladed lightsaber, the sight of a ship that looks like Star Destroyers, etc. Anyway, I can avoid trailers easily. The challenge will be avoiding what pops up in social networking feeds. Everything gets posted everywhere now. Now that information about casting calls is getting out, it's time to stay away from that other forum.

Darth Kermit likes this.
  8. Darth Kermit

Darth Kermit Jedi Knight

Oct 22, 2013
    That's so early in production for that type of thing to be out. I'm quite shocked.

I agree with this 100%. Unless I cut of my internet, phone and friends, and work from home in a darkened room, I seriously doubt I will go as spoiler free as I want to be. *sigh*

9. CommanderDrenn

CommanderDrenn Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 19, 2013
    Unless you are like me and this is the only thing that comes close to social media. If you stay away from the SA section, you're safe. Spoiler-free, here I come

10. Darth Maul Apprentice

Darth Maul Apprentice Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2014
    I'd like to stay as spoiler free as possible, it'll be hard though. I remember buying the Epsiode I soundtrack before the film came out and seeing the track "Qui-Gon's Noble End" and thinking great, just what I need.

11. TheChosenSolo

TheChosenSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 2011
    I'd rather not be too spoiled, but things will inevitably slip up. I'm not going to go searching for interviews (at least until after the movie comes out) or such like, I'll watch teasers and trailers and stuff though. That's about where I draw the line.

12. Sandtrooper92

Sandtrooper92 Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 31, 2013
    I want to be spoiler free, but I'm headed to Star Wars celebration and don't know what the fans will be like.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

13. Darth Maul Apprentice

Jan 27, 2014
    Which celebration? Orlando, Anaheim, or both?

14. EMPEROR_WINDU

EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost star 5

Nov 23, 2002
    I still read 7SA on a daily basis hoping for some casting news. I don't mind knowing who is going to be in the film and what characters they will be portraying. I will watch the trailers but once the casting is completed, I hope not to enter 7SA again.

I have been debating with myself whether I should stay spoiler free for 8 and 9 though.

15. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
    As soon as any plot details start breaking, I'm over here. I have less than zero desire to be spoiled for Episode VII.

16. Bobatron

Sep 3, 2012
    I haven't stopped looking at the other forum, but then there isn't much being said there other than relentless speculation so I've managed to avoid it.
    I'm one to avoid trailers when I want to see a movie but I often see people say they don't consider trailers spoilers. I was just thinking about all the things that could be revealed in a trailer that would be awesome to see for the first time during the movie. Imagine if there are certain classic SW references in the trailer, which I expect to reinforce that the films are going for a classic feel and are not the Prequels. Or just imagine the movies you've already seen and how neat it was to notice that stuff for the first time. How would Anakin and Obi-Wan meet? Would Yoda be on Dagobah? How would this queen on another planet meet Anakin on Tatooine? I can't wait to start avoiding this information.

jaqen likes this.
  17. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I'm thinking I'll watch the heck outta the first "teaser" Ep. 7 that comes out so I can see what the Ep. 7 world looks like, generally, teasers don't have the full on full-plot-structure that seems to be labeled into the full "trailer" and try to avoid the next Ep. 7 "trailer" (JJ's teasers are generally just mood and shots and nothing really about the story, see the first Into Darkness teaser for that vibe). the problem is that Ep. 7 trailer is gonna be everywhere, especially when you go to the movies!

I'm still down with the Spoiler Forum because there's nothing *to* spoil now! Just, y'know, something. A morsel. Really.

18. Darth Maul Apprentice

Jan 27, 2014
    I like what they did for the AOTC teaser, where it was just images and Vader's breath. Something along those lines would be good.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  19. Bobatron

Sep 3, 2012
    I watched that AOTC "breathing" teaser after saying I wouldn't watch it...and then I watched the next one. I kept myself from watching the trailer the following spring but the point is it's too easy to ease into it more after starting. That was in the time when you had to wait for it to download. I like going into a movie without knowing how it will look. For example, American Hustle didn't look as bright and flashy as the publicity photos. I do recall going to movies twenty years ago or so after eagerly watching their trailers and still being surprised by what happened but now I go for a completely fresh look. After being so determined to avoid spoilers, the actual viewing feels awkward for the first minute or so as I adjust to the freedom of letting myself actually experience it. When reading the opening crawl of a prequel, for a moment I had to remind myself, "oh yeah that's right, it's okay to read this now!"
    I just watched that AOTC teaser again, recalling everything that intrigued me. R2-D2 standing the dark. Obi-Wan flying through the air.

20. Darth Maul Apprentice

Jan 27, 2014
    Yeah, that and the epic shot of all those clones going up the ramp.

21. EMPEROR_WINDU

EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost star 5

Nov 23, 2002
    After giving this some thought, I now think I will try and avoid the full trailer that will likely be released a few months before the film (I think it was released in March for ROTS). So, I will watch the teaser trailer that should likely be released early next year but then avoid any further trailers.

Maybe I'd reconsider that if I hear that there's no plot being explained in the full trailer.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  22. DeviantSpirit

DeviantSpirit Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    I'm in the teaser-but-not-trailer camp. I need the teaser to set the tone of what to expect(not plot specifics but rather atmosphere) and to savor the incredible excitement of having NEW Star Wars footage. Then I'll be going dark.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  23. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    Seems like ACTUAL spoilers are starting to slip out now, so I am officially migrating from the Spoiler forum over to here for the duration.

TrandoJedi likes this.
  24. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I will say, for me, avoiding the full-on trailer will be somewhat difficult considering how much at go to the movies (over 60 times a year!). However, I do have a tendency to show up 10 min late after the start-time so maybe I'll get lucky and try to avoid the Big Freakin' Trailer (although I can easily see it stuffed in front of big blockbusters for the late summer / early fall of 2015, big blockbusters where you *have* to show up early to get your seat.) Like the new James Bond movie in 2015, damn skippy that will have a full Ep. 7 trailer! Ack!

25. scooper121s

scooper121s Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 4, 2014
    I'll watch the teasers, the trailers, I'll see the official info but when plot points start to be leaked, in haitis, I will be. If there's no info being spoiled I'll go offline for the last month or two