main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters The Skywalker-Jade Revival Society Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Luke_Mara_Index, Dec 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EmeraldJediFire

EmeraldJediFire Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2012
    Perhaps I shall. The one thing that always got me when I read Everlasting Love, is when Michael first meets Angel..and she's acting all blase toward him. He decides Angel doesn't suit her so he says

"I think I'll call you Mara."

Angel responds disinterestedly . "Oh? Someone you knew?"

He says: "No, it means bitter."

And Angel does act that way, to her Michael Hosea is just another man that walked through her door, just business and she wants nothing to do with him. She's very indifferent to him.

2. Stone Jade

Stone Jade Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 27, 2013
    My entry is up for the December challenge. I had fun with this one, although it turned out differently than I had planned when I first started writing.

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  3. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
  4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    taramidala - woot! Looking forward to your entry. Briannakin - pointless fluff is always a draw. [face_laugh]

5. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    My entry is up here. It's been a while since I've written anything, so it was kinda random and I had no idea where or how to end it. And yes, I know, I'm mean.

6. taramidala

taramidala Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 1999
    Here's mine. It's...very different from what a lot of you are used to, but I hope you roll with it and enjoy. :)

ginchy and Nyota's Heart like this.
  7. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Stronger Still is mine! I didn't think I was going to make it! I have had a sinus infection. Ugh. This is supposed to be sort of a companion piece to my fic from a few years back, "Comfort & Joy" but you don't have to read it to 'get' this.

8. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    As it turned out, the muse actually gave me a petit bunny for Christmas, for this challenge.
    Here it is: Silent Night

Happy Holidays!!! [:D]

9. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Wow I'm slow going folks. I should have it done by Sunday hopefully but I caught a cold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Alright, its finally here, my entry for the challenge: To WIsh, to Dream

Luckily my cold wasn't as bad as it could have been.

11. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    OMG, girl --- you gotta write this if you have not already. (and if you have - tell me the title) I got shivers in anticipation. Please please please do it. I will give you hugs and a @};-.

12. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    ginchy --- love the ART --- who's the artist -- they are really good.

13. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    Loved every entry to the last word and then was sorry there was not More! (found this thanks to ginchy). Would love to see more action there again -- hint hint -- wink wink.
    ginchy_amanda
    ginchy

ginchy likes this.
  14. ginchy

May 25, 2005
    Isn't that art great? =P~ That's the Too Hot To Be A Widower art, as I like to refer to it. I'm actually unsure of who the artist is. I believe it came out of the Essential Atlas, maybe? I'm getting old and have no memory. But I'm pretty sure that's where it came from.

And thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed the Empress and Consort uni. JediMara77 and I wrote that to fill the (what was supposed to be) "month" long gap between the old boards closing and the new boards opening. That's why there were only so many posts! We had fun with it, however. L/M had more fun. [face_devil]

15. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    Okay I understand --- BTW not that it matters but I think I'm older than you (not by a whole lot maybe ten years) -- my memory is currently giving me a fit because I'm on a med that tampers with short term becoming long term --- I like if I can hold onto something like in a rat trap for 6 weeks --- I keep it --- otherwise is floats away. Meds can cure one thing -- and hurt something -- gotta love those pharmaceutical companies.

I love all of your stories -- and on older boards I'm managed to get my mitts on. I tend to lean toward the hotter stuff --- but I like swarmy too ; like a well described kiss. I'm digging on the wayback machine for Jade Lotus' Insatiable -- I read your lovely Shine --- but I want to read the story that goes with it. BTW --- thanks for bringing me to the Empress and Consort where that was stored and this website too --- I feel like a kid who has enough pages to read through for the rest of my life --- plus I've made more new friends here too -- thank you -- I send you --@};-@};-.

ginchy likes this.
  16. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    I know I've seen it is one of my Essential Guides. I was looking at one of the guides just now and realized half of the illustrators lived in Michigan. I guess it is too damn cold out to do anything but sit inside and draw.

Chris Scalf does a lot of Star Wars illustrations: http://chrisscalf.deviantart.com
    Also:
    Anthony Foti: http://anthonyfoti.deviantart.com
    Darren Tan: http://wraithdt.deviantart.com
    Derek Herring: http://graysun-d.deviantart.com
    Tiziano Baracchi: http://thaldir.deviantart.com

Gemma and ginchy like this.
  17. ginchy

May 25, 2005
    My memory has degraded since I had my daughter. I joke that she ate my brain while I was pregnant. LOL So I definitely hear you and I'm sorry your memory is giving you fits!

And thank you! I have a lot of stuff floating around out there. I miss some of our other boards; the ones that died off from viruses and lack of use. I'm glad we're mostly still together here on TFN, however. I'd miss my buddies and L/M too much otherwise! Is 'Insatiable' incomplete on fanfiction.net? I know JL was posting it there, but I'm not sure how far she got. I'm still waiting for my epilogue, JadeLotus ;) Just throwing that out there!!! I'm so glad you enjoyed E&C and that website, too. I hope to post more things there one day. I am a slooooooooooow writer now, but I'll get there eventually! Refresh my memory (LOL!)...do you write, too?

And thank you, Jedi_Lover! I was pretty sure that was from the Atlas. If I remember it was a really small picture in the Atlas. The first time I saw it, my mouth dropped open and I think I squeeed about it for about an hour. And then squeeed about it to anyone who would listen. hahahahaha

18. Stone Jade

Stone Jade Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 27, 2013

Yes, Essential Atlas. Artist is Chris Trevas, who does most of the art for the Essential Guides series now.

ginchy likes this.
  19. ginchy

May 25, 2005
    Thanks! Glad to have the name of the artist and confirmation that it was from the Essential Atlas!

20. Carlos Danger

Carlos Danger Jedi Master star 2

Jul 25, 2013
    [​IMG]

That is one of the best depictions of an older Luke that I've seen. I hope Mark Hamill will look this good if he is in EP7 (I have no clue who is going to be in the movie, so no spoilers here).

ginchy likes this.
  21. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I hope if Mark's in it he'll be greying! That art is interesting though.

22. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    ginchy - The first 11 chapters are on ff.net - I wanted to re-edit and repost the whole thing before writing the epilogue, but then the board move happened and I stupidly wasn't prepared for it.

This may be kind of a longshot, but did anyone have Insatiable saved? In particular I need chapters 12-28 and would be eternally grateful if someone did have it somewhere.

23. ginchy

May 25, 2005

I am pretty sure I have quite a few chapters. I will check and get back with you, gal!!!

24. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    I am looking for the Mature version of Lightheaded by purebristles. If anyone happens to have that I would love to have it. It's posted on ff.net -- but instead of hiking the rating the author cut bits out of it and she never finished posting it to the live journal that was started. In the comments section there are several people who had the honor of reading the full version and most of those are on this board. Help anyone.

25. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    Jedi_Lover I agree with you and I would read it too. I'm enjoying After Her which has Luke at 65 I think. EmeraldJediFire

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.