main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Zelda Fans Come Hither...

Discussion in 'Community' started by alpha_red, May 11, 2004.

1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Link- UNLEASHED!

I welcome this spin-off- Nintendo really is trying to get what Zelda they can out there on this system until the real Zelda hits, aren't they? First TWWHD now this. "Here's some Zelda, and a little more Zelda, buy now! Then More Zelda!" ;)

It actually kinda reminds me of levels from Link's Crossbow Training.

darklordoftech likes this.
  2. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Damn if that doesn't look pretty. [face_love] I mean, it basically looks like a combination of TP and SS's graphic styles and aesthetics. King Dodongo's inclusion leads me to believe you'll be able to fight other bosses from the series. :D

3. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Also, they hinted at a Zelda-themed DLC zone for Sonic Lost Worlds coming in June as well.

4. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    Interesting, though its a shame I am so behind on Zelda, since the last Zelda I got to play was ALttP, and that was only after hearing about it from here and going out of my way to find it.

5. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    ALTTP is my favorite video game of all time. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.

6. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    Its definitely better than LoZ and that painful sequel, though I haven't gotten around to finishing it, since I was on the final dungeon the last time I played. I haven't actually ever beat a Zelda game, though I do love the universe.

7. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    If I'm not mistaken, in the DW franchise, you can pick different players and have different experiences and storylines and outcomes. I wonder if they will add Ganondorf as a playable character where you can fight the good guys? Or maybe playable Zelda?

Also, I hope Epona shows up in a future trailer. =)

8. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Huh, never expected a Zelda Dynasty Warriors game. Nintendo is really coming up with some odd crossover ideas these days, huh? Like that, what was it, Fire Emblem and... um, Shin Megami? Or was it something else, I remember this isn't the strangest real Nintendo crossover I've heard about recently, just can't remember what the other was.

And yay, finally finished a Zelda game. I've tried others before, but never had enough time to finish them yet. Link Between Worlds was great, I've heard its shorter compared to other Zeldas (even handheld Zeldas) but that was a nice plus too, at least for me, as I could finish it fast.

9. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I intend to finish ALBW by the end of the year. I have a couple flights next week that'll help me make up on lost time, assuming my Streetpass addiction doesn't distract me too much ;).

10. Barbecue17

Barbecue17 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 11, 2013
    A Link Between Wolds was Fantastic. I finished it over Thanksgiving. I'm really wanting to go back and play a few of the Zelda games I never had the chance to play, mostly some of the GBA stuff like the Four Swords games and the Minish Cap.

11. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    Am I the only one who was underwhelmed by the Hyrule Warriors trailer? It looked like generic action setpiece after generic action setpiece. The visuals weren't even all that good either--not for HD/Wii U standards.

Maybe it's because my finances are tighter now, and I can only afford a few must-have games in the year to come and can't indulge in little spin-offs like this one. :p

12. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I think it's obvious that the graphics are unfinished at this stage. However, from what Ive read, the DW gameplay is basically just hacking down armies, so it all depends on how much variety is thrown in with the different characters and creatures of the Zelda universe.

13. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    It surprised me that they are doing a Zelda take on DW, I did notice Link's outfit does change in the video a few times. I'd love to have a Fire Emblem version of that game though, especially based on FE: Awakening.

14. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
  15. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    GameSpot even made a video to defend their decision. Just goes to show how ridiculous some people can be.

Also, here is something for those that missed out on The Second Quest of the Symphony of the Goddesses… I tried to resist but couldn't… and that final final piece was what I had wanted the first time around and they didn't disappoint! Such a beautiful and moving rendition, much more than the Ballad of the Wind Fish(still one of my favourites) they did the first time.

I posted it in link form so that no spoilers will spoil whoever deems it to be spoilers.

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  16. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    I loved the transition when Link was on one knee at the beginning and near the end. Choked me up. Unfortunately, I was at the concert with my brother who hasn't played Skyward Sword yet so my only thought at the time was, "**** this is spoiling the game for him."

Corellian_Outrider likes this.
  17. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I totally agree with you. Skyward Sword had me hooked when it first came out and I won't spoil it for anyone who has yet to complete it but with how invested I was with the story and characters, I was sad for it end. It ranks up there with Ocarina of Time in my list. That Ballad of the Goddess piece in the concert just captures the emotion beautifully. The Link's Awakening piece was amazing too.

Since the tour is taking a year off, it probably won't come my way till late 2015-early 2016.

18. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I just had to post this… The Adventures of Link Skywalker continues

19. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Loved the Gerudo Valley music during the Hoth battle in Part 1. Rewatched the New Hope one and I don't know why, but the Death Star trench plus Star Fox music pumps me up!

20. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Outstanding! Metroids as Mynocks? Awesome!

21. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Just cause I've been watching "the final piece" over and over again since you posted it, I manipulated your link so it starts right as the beginning of the video past all the jerks screaming before it starts. Clicky!

(Don't clicky unless you finished Skyward Sword!) [face_love]

22. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Dammit.

23. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    The alternative is to click and minimise the window so you can still enjoy the music.

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  24. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    For ALBW getting GOTY from GameSpot, Nintendo has Four Swords Anniversary Edition available for free on the eShop til Feb 2nd!

Nobody145 and TiniTinyTony like this.
  25. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Good call. If you can, don't look and just listen. It's beautiful. It will be hard not to look when the audience laughs but fight the urge!

I need more than one person to play this with me, right? I'm guessing I can connect with strangers over the internet?