main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars Chronological Order (TCW Episodes & Viewing Orders)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by han_solo_321, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Master Kinard

Master Kinard Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 30, 2013
    Sorry, answer is in above post!

2. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Eh, storywise Mortis really needs to be before stuff like the Zygerria trilogy and the Deception arc, as Ahsoka becomes more and more aware of Anakin's darkness. She's clearly fine with Anakin in Mortis, but gives very worried looks in the aforementioned arcs.

While I hate that they show ROTS spoilers, it's pretty important that it stays where it takes place in terms of Ahsoka's character development.

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  3. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    I would sacrifice a roomful of Younglings for an official Blu-ray Complete Series in Chronological Order collection. With the "bonus content/lost missions" of course.

4. DarthMarino

DarthMarino Jedi Master star 2

Jul 18, 2002
    I don't want to change it too much from the official order, but I've updated my chart to put Lightsaber Lost ahead of Grievous Intrigue.

[​IMG]

Darth Kickass, pronker and cwustudent like this.
  5. Darth Kickass

Darth Kickass Jedi Master star 3

Aug 3, 2013
    DarthMarino: You are so right! Just...can't.....fight.....keeper.......of...the......hol....o............cron!

6. Darth Wookiee

Darth Wookiee Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    The Clovis ARC should be right after Onderon and before the Younglings ARC.

7. Embomania

Embomania Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 2, 2013
    Should Shadow Warrior be right after the Water War arc?

8. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Shadow Warrior was produced before Mon Cala, but aired after. They felt Mon Cala was a better season intro. Appropriately, Rish Loo was added to Gungan Attack, for continuity.

I watch Shadow Warrior first and ignore Rish Loo in Gungan Attack, just like I ignore Ahsoka in Dooku Captured.

9. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2013

There's the Star Wars Timeline Gold Which is what I've always used for a long time but with TCW, the entire period of the Clone Wars gets all messed up. Until LFL gives us a chronological explanation to reconcile all of the continuity issues across the comics, novels, CW and TCW, there is no definitive answer but Timeline Gold gives a very good account of the two different depictions - without TCW sources and with TCW sources.

As I said, I've used this for a long time and it gets updated every summer for new releases/info - but I'm currently working on putting together a semi-definitive calendar (not just chronology, but actual dates using both the GSC and the GRS calendars) starting with the beginning of AOTC through to the end of ROTS. I've still got a lot of stuff to go through, but I'm using the canon hierarchy to determine what I pull from and what I don't. If "Republic Commandos," for instance, gives a specific date for something, but then something else that occurs in that story is contradicted by TCW, I'll use that date but futz w/ the story to make it all work. I'm holding off on posting anything that I "feel" I have already nailed down until the BC comes out - just so I can make sure it doesn't contradict what I already have.

10. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    @DarthMarino is that the official order? and if it is can you supply the file? so I can print it?

11. Jalaguy

Jalaguy Jedi Knight

Jan 24, 2014
    Okay, so I've lurked this thread for ages, and wanted to throw my hat into the ring. Basically, the official episode order bugs me since it makes random changes for no apparent reason, like moving the Zillo story earlier, whilst not making changes that would have made sense, like putting Bounty Hunters, with its war-free Felucia, before the Holocron story.

But equally, I'm not a fan of subjective orderings with justifications like 'Ahsoka got ill in this episode so this episode without her must be right afterwards'.

So here's my personal viewing order. I took the episodes in production order, then grouped together multi-part stories, using the last episode produced as the anchor. Finally, I made any movements that were necessary to prevent continuity errors. And that gave me this (production numbers in brackets):

So yeah, this may not be the official order, but it's one I'm happy with and am using for my re-watch ending in the imminent 'bonus content' episodes.

cwustudent likes this.
  12. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Jan 6, 2013

Why is the Mission to Toydaria after the Mission to Skytop Station?
    Why is The Battle of Ryloth so early?
    Why is Rookies right after the Gunray capture/escape and not right before?

13. Darth Kickass

Aug 3, 2013
    Back before Leeland Chee did his blog posts on the chronological order I was trying to piece it together myself and I had Mission to Skytop Station and Ryloth happening early due to events shown in the web comics. During posts about Chee's order Pablo Hidalgo (writer of the web comics) posted that he himself didn't consider the comics to be canon so their relevance was ignored.

14. Jalaguy

Jalaguy Jedi Knight

Jan 24, 2014

Purely because that's the way they fall when organised by production order, and there's nothing in the episodes to suggest continuity problems. If we're talking about those tie-in webcomics, I basically just ignored them, not least because Supply Lines contradicted them anyway. In those comics, Ambush was before the Skytop mission (per the first issue), and the Skytop mission was before the invasion of Ryloth began (per the subplot with Tambor's spy droid), but Supply Lines has the Ryloth invasion begin before Ambush, so everything goes to hell.

15. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Jan 6, 2013

That doesn't necessarily mean that the webcomics have to get thrown out. If you're going to go off the LFL licensing idea that if it can fit somewhere w/o contradictions - then you put it there. You don't just throw it away b/c your perceived chronology contradicts it. You're saying that because RA-7 appears in Discount and Covetous and Discount was released first, Covetous must occur after Discount. Nothing proves that is the case. Covetous is not explicitly stated as occurring "right before" Storm over Ryloth. I always placed it before Ambush and put Ambush/Supply Lines right after the film since it deals with Bail's early attempts to bring aide to planets (like Christophsis) before he got swept up in his own adventures early in the war (per Wild Space, Stealth & Siege). I kept Discount between Downfall of a Droid and Duel of the Droids.

IMO we should always try and make it all fit together if we can - even if we have to move things around that are in an implied order to do so. If we include everything from the "2008 onwards The Clone Wars Multimedia Project" - which we should if we can (and in most cases we can - then the chronology of these events falls into place rather than just using TCW episodes' production order and throwing away the webcomics.

16. Darth Kickass

Aug 3, 2013
    I throw out the web comics because the writer (Hidalgo) and the Keeper (Chee) say so. They're the Story Group after all.

17. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Jan 6, 2013

When did they say so? If they can still fit, when throw them out?

18. Darth Kickass

Aug 3, 2013
    Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes: In a response to Chee's blog posts in which some including myself pointed out the fact the web comics contradicted the order he was presenting, Hidalgo himself chimed in and said he did not consider the comics to be canon. I was actually impressed he took the time to respond. I'd say go look for yourself but they've erased the responses from the blog posts.

19. Jalaguy

Jalaguy Jedi Knight

Jan 24, 2014

Huh? Discount, set during the Downfall/Duel story, is about Passel Argente buying that RA-7, so of course it has to take place before Covetous, where he already owns it. And Covetous has to take place before Supply Lines, because we see Tambor deciding to invade Ryloth. But the first webcomic, Prelude, shows Skytop Station still active immediately before Ambush. The events of Downfall/Duel can't happen both before and after Supply Lines/Ambush.

20. jedi_ethan2

jedi_ethan2 Jedi Knight

Sep 19, 2005
    Just a question. For a better understanding of the story, ¿should I watch the episodes in the realising order, or the chronological order?

21. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Chronological causes fewer headaches, so that'd probably be your best bet. The only exception I'd make is to watch Clone Cadets with ARC troopers instead of way early in the timeline, since those two were released together and AT is a direct-though-chronologically-delayed sequel to CC.

22. Embomania

Embomania Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 2, 2013
    I just watched Holocron Heist again and noticed that the beginning shows the war on Felucia, so shouldn't Bounty Hunters be before the Holocron arc?

23. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Jan 6, 2013

Thats one opinion some people have...another is that Felucia is a big planet and there doesn't need to be fighting on every inch of it...when it comes to those types of things, its really up to you what you want to decide.

The Shadow Emperor and Embomania like this.
  24. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    What page can I find the "most agreed upon" chronological viewing order list, also does said list contain the bonus episodes that will be airing on Netflix?

25. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    I would say further up this page is a pretty good order if you don't want to just go with what Leland Chee last put out: http://www.theforce.net/story/front/Leland_Chees_TCW_Chronology_Breakdown_Part_11_152269.asp

I think the only thing we know about the bonus episodes order is that the Clovis arc should have between Onderon arc and younglings arc, as it got bumped from the front half of season 5. As far as we know, the remaining 10 episodes will fit post season 5.