main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by KnightWriter, Nov 16, 2006.

?

Which team is the favorite to win the title?

1. Boston Celtics

8.7%
  2. Cleveland Cavaliers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Dallas Mavericks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Denver Nuggets

39.1%
  5. Los Angeles Lakers

4.3%
  6. Miami Heat

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Milwaukee Bucks

34.8%
  8. Phoenix Suns

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Other

13.0%
  1. DT421

DT421 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2003
    You know, when I go to look at the standings, I always go to the Conference standings instead of the Division standings and that has prompted me to ask - Are the divisions even necessary in each conference, considering how many teams from each actually make the playoffs?

2. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    warriors had been slumping but got a big win over the blazers tonight. steph went off for 38.

3. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Despite Jodie Meeks (6-8 from beyond the arc) & Pau Gasol (8th straight game scoring 20 points), and Manny Harris (18 points) doing some solid basketball work, the Lakers ended their Grammy Trip at MSG today with 7-point loss (ended up 2-5 on said trip) to the Knicks. Carmelo-Felton-Earl Smith-Hardaway Jr. were the difference makers for New York.

[​IMG]

Post game hang out... Meryl & 50 sat next to each other for the entirety of the game. I wonder how much basketball they talked about. :p

With this loss, the purple & gold are only a half game from being at the...

[​IMG]

of the West. Weeeeeeeeeeeee!

4. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    you never want to be at the wrestler's back of the west.

DarthIntegral likes this.
  5. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    I was discussing this with a friend earlier: Although all NBA teams have long road trips, the Lakers (and Clippers) always have one in January because of the Grammy's. 2 weeks is the usual length of time for the trip... yet, in just 2 days, the Lakers will be back at Staples (against Indiana... oh man. :p ). Of course it's easier to take down the setups made for the Grammy's, but the logistics of the setup intrigue me. Why 2 weeks? Why not a 8-10 day trip? Is it done early, with the extra time spent for rehearsals? I want to know! :p

6. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    You just know the Lakers are going to wind up with a top 3 pick and retool immediately. It is written

7. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    It's going to be weird to watch the lottery with some actual/real drama & suspense this year.

:p

8. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Best guess is likely the logistics of the set up, figuring out how big the set needs to be/any last minute changes, figuring out who sits where (and who's showing/no showing), and of course, rehearsals. Especially when you have stuff to fit in like that mass wedding at the awards show tonight and the Beyonce/Jay-Z duet at the beginning of the show.

9. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Ugh. Anyone watch that third quarter for the Cavs yesterday? If so, have you apologized to your eyes and brain?

How soon until we fire Mike Brown (again)?

10. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    How has Deng been since his move? Not good I guess?

11. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Deng has been quality. On a minute restriction, due to his injury. I want to say we are like 20 places higher in offensive efficiency since Deng was acquired as compared to before. But, then we have games life yesterday where we score SIX points in the third quarter. And I put that entirely on Mike Brown.

Go back and review the Orlando playoff series, and see how many times we turned a dominant first half in, only to completely tank the third quarter.

12. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    I want to cry. Why Bucks why?

13. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Riggin' for Wiggins, I guess.

14. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Can someone remind me why I root for the Cavaliers?

15. xblackout

xblackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 5, 2008
    Because you are one of the Chosen Ones.

16. DT421

DT421 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2003
    Nice beat down by the Grizz on the Blazers tonight. The game the was never close.

17. Souderwan

Souderwan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 3, 2005
    Thunder seriously jacked us up tonight. Between them and Indiana, it's not looking good for another championship this year. :(

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

18. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    From the rivalry that brought us Wilt Chamberlain VS Bill Russell and Dr. J VS Larry Bird... the 425th meeting between these 2 storied franchises now brings us 2 entire starting lineups VS the free throw line.

DarthTunick likes this.
  19. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    No no no

You're doing it wrong.

It's ...

GAM OVER THUNDER!!!

20. Souderwan

Souderwan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 3, 2005
    Yeah, yeah.

21. Dark Lord Of The Empire

Dark Lord Of The Empire Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2013
  22. timmoishere

Jun 2, 2007
    First time two Blazers have been named to the team since 1994! So awesome.

23. Dark Lord Of The Empire

Aug 28, 2013
    Yeah, and both very deserving. Aldridge should be starting, IMO. In the East, it's good to see Paul Millsap finally get some love.
    Hopefully Adam Silver will correct one thing and name DeMarcus Cousins to the West team since Kobe can't play.

24. timmoishere

Jun 2, 2007
    Harden should get the start in place of Kobe, but I could see Cousins as a reserve.

25. Dark Lord Of The Empire

Aug 28, 2013