main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena FIA Formula 1 Racing

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ender Sai, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Nice looking vehicles while they are sitting there. But who knows how they will run?

And remember, Force India still has to change its nose.

2. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    I think Williams have just released the image as a rendering of the nose and not a finalised chassis with colours and sponsored on board. Best to see the final version heels, I think. In previous years I've loved the retro-styling of their numbers on the sidepod and wouldn't be surprised if this car evokes the mid-late 90s colour schemes.

Sith, I think it'll be interesting to see and Jenson Button was predicting chaos. There shouldn't be turbo lag due to the revs being so high, but we will see.

3. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Yeah, I think there's a good chance it will be fine, too.

This appears to be a good article from Wired on the new engines- my cpu is having issues with the slideshow, but the one image I can see is gorgeous.

4. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Here is Toro Rosso's 2014 setup:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Yeah just saw that on my Facebook feed. That nose...

6. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    There are going to be so many nose cone changes this year. Starts could be a mess.

7. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    RBR (and pretty much everyone else) had problems in the first day of testing, apparently. With those "noses" could it be drivers feel compelled to rear end their opponents?

On the Williams car, just to be clear, the car might end up being quite lovely (I always liked the Willams-BMW cars) my comment was directed at the rudimentary graphics.

Lastly, Schumacher's manager has now confirmed that he is being brought out of his "induced coma"/sedation.

8. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    It's great to hear they are waking Shumacher up.

It's also nice the hear that RBR are struggling for once.:p

9. Rosslcopter

Rosslcopter Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    The Williams car definitely looks a lot nicer in action than it did in its pre-release rendering.

10. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    The issue with Red Bull is that it's the Renault engine; other Renault engined teams have similarly struggled.

People running the Mercedes engines, such as Mercedes, McLaren, Force India and Williams, have set competitive times.

I'm not super happy about Red Bull's woes, but mostly for Dan Ricciardo and not Vettel.

11. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    They did say a couple of years ago that Mercedes would be competitive with the Turbos...

12. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    But to be fair, that advantage hasn't materialised thus far except in terms of mechanical reliability. The Jerez tests will be nothing more than exercises in seeing if the cars work more than who has the best race package. That we've had Kimi, Jenson and rookie Magnussen top the days testing does not mean we should expect these people to be race winners come Melbourne.

Ricciardo, sadly, failed to run yesterday due to the same issues which kept Vettel off track.

13. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
  14. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Lots of news out there but to the people in this thread complaining about the Williams.... Time to eat crow...

[​IMG]

Darth_Furio likes this.
  15. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    I was never complaining or making fun of the car itself, just the graphics. The car is lovely.

Should be an interesting season, Red Bull are still struggling mightily with the new car.

16. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    Red Bull's struggles has been immensely pleasing. long may it continue.

17. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    I'd certainly like to see them brought back to the pack, and have at least 3-4 teams competing for the title. It sounds as though RB have dropped even further than that, though, now behind Ferrari and Mercedes. I would be nice to have a season where multiple cars are competing, rather than just 1 or 2.

18. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    yeah. there are enough quality drivers out there, as evidenced by the number of ex-world champs competing, so it's a shame when the mechanics aren't there across the teams to help fascilitate competition. i haven't been following it too closely, but who has looked the quickest in the pre season?

19. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    I haven't followed it too closely, but I believe Ferrari and Mercedes.

20. Rosslcopter

Rosslcopter Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Williams have been killing it

21. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Williams posted the best time overall, in Massa. But Mercedes engines have been the constant factor in speed - Hulkenberg and Perez in the Force India, Hamilton and Rosberg in the Merc, and Button and Magnussen in the McLaren have all had great runs.

Have you guys seen this fantasy league? http://f1.pitlanemanager.com/

I've got team MacLaren. Last year I came 17th out of 100 participants, which wasn't too shabby.

22. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    I am very intrigued by Force India this year, with two sizeable talents in the paddock in Nico and Perez. I think this is the year they could win a GP.

I signed up - looks like you can't start with much.

Rumble Strips has got Chilton and Vergne, then Ferrari engine and Marussia chassis. Hopefully I'll pick up some cash and be able to upgrade as the season progresses.

23. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    I think I bumped chassis to STR, stuck with two backmarkers - Ericsson and Chilton - but between STR's slim chance of points as a team and Ferrari engine points we should be upgrading pretty quickly.

24. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    Always loved the Martini Racing stripes. Looks great!

Happy to see RB struggling as well. I'd like to see them competitive though so Alonso and Iceman can smoke SV in a race with comparable equipment.

25. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    [​IMG]
    Excuse me, Mr. Massa? May I have your attention please? :p

yankee8255 likes this.