main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A/V Clone Wars Continuity Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by sabarte, May 12, 2008.

1. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
  2. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Destiny

Guided by the Force, Yoda travels to the heart of the galaxy. There, on the planet where he finds the origin of the Force, he must face difficult trials. Only upon passing them will the Sages deem him worthy of learning the deepest mysteries of the Force…
    Look, I enjoyed Mortis--but this sounds exhausting.

3. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    Moriband and Korriban sound too similar to be a coincidence. Maybe it'll be retconned like Raxus became Raxus Secundus?

So, this arc that closes out the whole series, has Yoda on possibly Tython and possibly Korriban, possibly encountering Whills and possibly an ancient Sith Lord voiced by Mark Hamill? Neat.

4. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    What if the big twist is that Yoda is actually insane and he never heard Qui-Gon at all? And the training he gave Luke was wrong?

That would be awesome.

HEDGESMFG, spicer, RC-1991 and 4 others like this.
  5. Grey1

Grey1 Host: 181st Imperial Discussion Group star 4 VIP

Nov 21, 2000
    I keep saying and keep saying that he was truly a Sith training Luke to get rid of his Sith rival Sidious. I mean, he was dealing in absolutes.

6. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    Agreed.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  7. The_Phantom_Calamari

The_Phantom_Calamari Force Ghost star 5

Nov 10, 2011
    How does this theory fit in with Artoo being the secret Grandmaster of the Jedi Order?

8. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    I dunno but Luke is disseminating flawed teachings that need to be purged.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  9. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    Well, that guy also seems to think that Korriban originates from The Old Republic.

He also seems to buy that The Clone Wars really is Lucas's super-secret plan of how everything was really supposed to have happened ever since 1977.

10. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    He's misrepresenting The Old Republic!

Edit: stupid auto correct

darthosaka and Revanfan1 like this.
  11. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    Yes, but his website has a nice banner! That's all that counts, you know.

Contessa likes this.
  12. _Catherine_

_Catherine_ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2007
    I can't take these people anymore.

13. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    General Grievous? Savage Opress?

14. _Catherine_

Jun 16, 2007
    No, the people writing these articles. They didn't just take the word "moribund" and substitute a vowel, obviously the name has secret meaning because "band" is the term for a group of evil wizards or something.

Also elude is not the word he meant to use.

15. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    Raxus Secundus sounds like Salusa Secundus from DUNE.

16. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Some kind of simple head retcon–Korriban is the Sith language name, and thus more common since it's usually a planet only used of mentioned by Sith–and Moriband is the Basic name for it. Simple as that, and everything's fixed...unless it turns out they're different planets altogether. And then of course, there's the chance that it's just something lost in translation and it actually will be "Korriban."

darthosaka likes this.
  17. _Catherine_

Jun 16, 2007
    Or the spelling, the pronunciation, all the stories it appeared in, the authors who invented it, ancient Egypt, the fact that it's round, or the basic idea of having a "Sith homeworld" at all. Unless it's called Moriband, because I heard a song one time.

Everything else about it is cool though.

CT-867-5309 and LelalMekha like this.
  18. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    No Korriban sucks because it is from TOR and TOR has obese Sith Lords.

Contessa, Mia Mesharad and LelalMekha like this.
  19. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    I find it quite funny the way that guy is shocked because SWTOR has obese Sith Lords. Like "OMG, can you imagine that? OBESE Sith Lords? o_O"

20. _Catherine_

Jun 16, 2007
    Also I hate the English for some reason.

21. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    Deep down, we'll know that Moriband is more legit, even if it is just Korriban by a different name.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  22. Dr. Steve Brule

Sep 7, 2012
    One thing that will at least be interesting will be to see just what makes Moriband the 'Sith homeworld.' Homeworld in what way? Just who were the original Sith? If it doesn't match what Lucas put down in the TPM backstory (and which film purists used since to dismiss the EU Sith) then won't that be a pretty big mark against TCW being Lucas' big original plan for the Sith from the start? Or will they pull the same backpeddle they did in trying to minimize Lucas's involvement in TFU after the Onderon arc was supposed to be "the real origin of the Rebellion"?

Unfortunately I doubt it will be that easy, especially given that TPTB quickly shied away from the first tentative hints that the Mandalore from TCW was actually Kalevala or whatever planet Satine was supposed to be from. The same also with Raxus Prime/Raxus and Concord Dawn/Concordia. That all argues that they're not big on 'alternate name' retcons.

LelalMekha likes this.
  23. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Hmm, I don't know...I just hope that they don't start doing "retcons because we can" all over the place. Really, are they going to change "Rodian" to, say, "Gnarfles" because "they can"? Corellia to "Morelliad"? In any case, they'd better have a good explanation for the "Moriband" thing. And in the case of Mandalore/Kalevala, it was flat-out stated that it took place on Mandalore, and that turned out to be easy enough to fix, with the war with the Republic backstory in the EGTW and NEA. And as to Raxus/Raxus Prime, they were two completely different environments...it's easy enough to say they were in the same system. With Korriban/Moriband, they actually sound so similar that the Sith/Basic thing would be the simplest way to rectify it.

darthosaka and DelRiego like this.
  24. DelRiego

DelRiego Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    I feel it's a lost cause, so hello Karra Made-Skywalker, Great Colonel Drownd and his Qoghree boduyguards, The twins Leysond and Layna Solo as well as the badass hero Myke Maternd

Revanfan1 likes this.
  25. Dr. Steve Brule

Sep 7, 2012
    You mean like all the other excellent explanations they've had for the other Clone Wars conflicts with the EU? ;)

I'm actually not really expecting much of an explanation, if any. I'm sure if asked Pablo will say something like, "It won't really matter when the story group cuts both Korriban and Moriband out of the true proper canon."

Revanfan1 and DelRiego like this.