main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Pro Wrestling Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by wild_karrde, Jul 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kran Starborn

Kran Starborn Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 19, 2013
    I have heard he has expressed interest in MMA.

2. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    Well this pretty much ruins WrestleMania 30 for me given that Punk is my favorite.

Juliet316 likes this.
  3. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

That'd be great, because there would be the smallest of possibilities that he'd make a PWG appearance, which would make for one hell of a show.

4. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    If CM Punk goes to ROH then its one less reason for me to watch WWE and making Daniel Bryan my fav. wrestler and AJ Lee my fav. diva the only reason to watch WWE. I more so enjoy watching NXT more then Raw or Smackdown. Anyone who is tired of Raw or Smackdown watch NXT and you will enjoy it lots more then Raw or Smackdown I assure you. I mean the only reason why WWE might be something I will be watching lots is because of the WWE Network that may be the only reason why WWE might still be in my life for now.

5. AstroFan428

AstroFan428 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 3, 2003
    Yeah, Punk has been carrying the company the last couple years. Bryan and the Shield have been doing their share the last year too. So Punk is gone, Bryan has his issues, and the Shield will break up soon. Good job WWE.

Juliet316 likes this.
  6. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    And they probably still have Cena as Superman

7. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    I feel here is my future plans with WWE. Basically stop watching Raw or Smackdown, keep up to date with just NXT and watch the better years of WWE with the WWE network.

Juliet316 likes this.
  8. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    I seriously wrote elsewhere that between the disaster that was the Royal Rumble and letting Punk walk out of the WWE that the company has, effectively, committed suicide.

9. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    I wonder where Punk is exactly because I feel like he is somewhere sort of thinking through what is best for Punk and not best for WWE.

10. AstroFan428

Oct 3, 2003
    I wouldn't say suicide, because nothing is ever gonna kill WWE, but this past week has been the craziest I have seen. They've had a full on fan revolt and their biggest non-Cena star of the last few years just bolted. Rumor is they are having all day creative meetings yesterday and today.

11. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I can understand Punk being upset with Batista getting the Mania main event ahead of himself or Bryan just as The Rock did the last couple of years. I have heard HHH doesn't want him back but Vince does, it will be interesting to see who wins that argument.

12. AstroFan428

Oct 3, 2003
    Batista coming back in such horrible shape didn't help matters. Dude was in Rumble for 10 minutes and looked like he was gonna keel over.

13. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    He only got back in to promote his movie and 'cos HHH is friends with him, otherwise he wouldn't be there.

The Rock wasn't in the best shape either when he came back, but he was such good fun it was easier to overlook. Batista isn't really very good and there are people like Ryback and Lesnar who fill his role now.

14. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Rock was actually in better shape IMO in his matches with CM Punk than his match with Cena a year earlier.

15. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    He'd prepared more by then and got back into it a bit.
    Rock is younger, more marketable and more of a legend than Batista and is always going to be welcomed by WWE fans and provide entertainment even if he doesn't compete.

Batista is a whiney lady-dog who left because he wasn't getting what he wanted (and unlike Punk he didn't have the talent to be justified in his claim) and is now only back because he has nothing else to do and HHH will main event him with minimal build.

16. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Plus Punk probably told Rock "If I'm going to lose my belt to you, you better be on your A-game *****" ;):p

17. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    With all this controversy I don't see 2014 being at all a better year for WWE then 2013 was I almost see it as being worse.

Juliet316 likes this.
  18. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    If they can't get Punk to come back.. definitely worse.

19. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    Do you think Punk would have gladly been cool with facing Triple H at Mania and continuing that storyline if Bryan won the Rumble instead?

20. AstroFan428

Oct 3, 2003
    It really sucks how much it has tanked. When they finally announced the Network it was awesome, and I(and a lot of people) assumed they would put their best effort with Mania and that 6 month subscription window to get everyone to sign up, but they have completely fallen apart. I remember back when Stone Cold did the same thing Punk did, people were pissssssed, but everyone seems to be with Punk on this one because of how crap things are.

21. AstroFan428

Oct 3, 2003
    I don't think he would ever be happy with that HHH match, but he would have gone through with it because the company would seem to be going in the right direction.

22. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    With the Austin deal, I think people were pissed at the time because there were more angles seemingly messed up that Austin was front and center of when he walked out (the whole angle with Flair fell apart when Austin took off,[ which ultimately lead to the whole General Manager deal and the hiring of Eric Bischoff]; a seeming set back in elevating Lesnar, Chris Benoit and Eddie Guerrero were left spinning their wheels for awhile after Austin left, the nWo finally dying, etc.,), whereas Punk has been back - burnered for months (with seemingly the only thing messed up right now is maybe an angle with him and Triple H, which I actually wouldn't have minded provided Punk actually won),so, even though there's not as much seemingly on screen disurption; fans realize that he (and Bryan) should be front and center, so there's a lot of sympathy with Punk for just deciding he had enough of things vs. back then with Austin, where his absence was more abruptly felt for everything that had suddenly gotten disrupted.

Plus, this time out, it seems more like it's the WWE tanking their own product, vs. back then WWE was painting the narrative as Austin messing everything up by walking out.

23. AstroFan428

Oct 3, 2003
    As bad as things are, the CM Punk think has me excited to watch on Monday. Apparently they are confiscating CM Punk signs at the NXT taping and there have been multiple Punk chants. I don't know where Raw is, but I wonder how the crowd is going to react.

24. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Omaha (if your a fan of the NFL who's been watching the playoffs this past month, you can groan now.)

Edit: Can't exactly say I'm surprised at the WWE's reaction re: taking signs and what not since that's exactly the reaction they had when Austin walked out.

25. AstroFan428

Oct 3, 2003
    So tired of the "Omaha", just this playoffs it has blown up, like he hasn't been doing it forever.

They need to go to a Chicago or New York soon, I just want anarchy at the moment. lol Cleveland was into in the first segment Monday, but that was it. I wanted them to rip apart that awkward Orton/Batista showdown.

Juliet316 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.