main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A/V Clone Wars Continuity Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by sabarte, May 12, 2008.

1. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Kenobi. Though that may have been more due to the writer.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Like x 1000.

3. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    All this canon talk is tempting me to put my back into traction.

4. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Just do yoga. Good for your back, and just about any story or character looks good from the plough pose. Even the chatterbox father on Mortis.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  5. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I have never thought of myself as a saint, so thank you!

I shall henceforth be known as Saint Sinre the Optimist, in light of my elevation in the eyes of Pope(?) Cooper.

I shall endeavour to become more pious, more optimistic, and generally Greater Than Thou, if at all possible considering my sainthood.

Optimistic Forever!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    I laughed.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  7. Grey1

Grey1 Host: 181st Imperial Discussion Group star 4 VIP

Nov 21, 2000
    First of all, my strawman argument isn't even an argument at all, it's just bitching about the fact that everyone's jumping to conclusions because TCW must be bad and my patience with such behaviour is not what it might once have been. Second, as you say, it doesn't say it has any connection to anything, so I fail to see how that would stomp on anything that the EU has done, unless the expression "homeworld" is super definitive in a franchise that has swallowed some pretty heavy bullets before. Third, when Coruscant Nights totally messes up the timeline, nobody cries "OMG! SW EU is imploding!", but when TCW rewrites something it's the worst thing ever. In the same vein, Golden inventing Kyp Durran or TIE Decanonizers or whatever only gets a "oh she can't write", never a "oh all of EU is invalidated!!!". Fourth, I don't know why you're defending Ostrander but omitting generic source book guy. Finally, I don't know what everyone is doing, but when people are all glowy happy about something like Ostrander's DOTJ and I disagree I try to tone down my disagreement, not raining on everyone's parade. If they jump to happy shiny conclusions because of some preview and I care to elaborate on why I think there's too much unreasonable expectations, I hope I try to stay neutral ("Kemp duology" anyone). Whatever. The actual thing happening here is that everyone's pumping negativity into the thread because planet "Moriband" is a scapegoat, and Lucas and Filoni are the enemy, and the EU actually isn't all that good but you have to defend something if you want to keep believing in all that.

Man, I don't even want to get into such arguments over trivial stuff like TV shows and comic books. Back in december I was in love with this forum and couldn't wait to go back discuss things. Now ever since that one publisher was exchanged for that other publisher it's the end of days in here, and every stupid rumour and extrapolation leads to buckets of hate. Discussions in here are hardly fun anymore, it's all just people believing that that one publisher was paradise and what must we buy from them before the year ends, and it's people being viscious ever since they convinced themselves that they are fighting a losing battle against the owners of the franchise.

8. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    To be fair, I have been acting like it's the end of days and the EU is imploding since the latter half of 2005 or so. Maybe.

SOLIDARITY!

Revanfan1 likes this.
  9. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    From my point of view, I am fighting a losing battle with LFL, and it has nothing to do with DHC, or even Disney. I don't even bother complaining about trivial things, like Golden's screw ups from FotJ, because I just disregard the entire post-NJO anyway. Apparently I have unreasonable expectations in wanting the post-NJO to actually make sense, instead of arguably disregarding everything the rest of the universe stands for. I guess am also unreasonable in wanting TCW to be consistent with the rest of the universe, instead of needlessly changing everything, and for the founding of the Alliance to Restore the Republic to not be Palpatine's failed plan to eliminate all remaining major opposition to the Galactic Empire.

10. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    I was bummed when Dark Force Rising needlessly changed the founding of the Alliance to Restore the Republic.

RC-1991 likes this.
  11. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    Oh cry me a river.

12. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
  13. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Can we talk about canonized eopie fart jokes now? This thread has gotten super serious all of a sudden.

darthosaka and Revanfan1 like this.
  14. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    I wasn't being serious.

Eopie farts have been canon since 1999.

15. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    Seriously, like Dark Force Rising really did anything to dramatically change the founding of the Alliance, or that the term Corellian Treaty some how didn't leave open the possibility of, or even imply that Garm Bel Iblis, the Senator of the Corellian Sector, was somehow involved with it.

16. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    It changed as much as The Force Unleashed did.

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  17. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Okay, so eopie gas didn't work, anakinfansince1983. We'll have to kick it up a notch.

The poop Jar Jar stepped in. Was it pooped by a canon animal?

18. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    It was pooped by a T-canon animal that contradicts the EU.

darthosaka and Revanfan1 like this.
  19. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
  20. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    I don't see how most of the older "retcons", like what Dark Force Rising did to The Rebel Alliance Sourcebook or what Lucas did to the pre-PT Clone Wars timing, verse say what TCW and TFU did on the same subjects, are even comparable, because to me DFR and the PT just established the full picture of what happened and meaningfully added something to those events, while TCW and TFU just changed things to change things from my point of view.

instantdeath likes this.
  21. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    Gotta go with it again.
    [​IMG]

22. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Guys. Guys. What if... :eek: ...all these retcons affected things at exactly the same level, regardless of opinions!

Gamiel and darthosaka like this.
  23. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    Let me put it this way, I don't see what the fuss is about DFR, and it was Lucas' prerogative to do what he wished with the PT and the Clone Wars, but then the EU plays by those rules, only for Lucas to just randomly change things yet again.

24. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    No, I understand. I do.

darthosaka likes this.
  25. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    I'm not sure why Lucas is being blamed for TFU.