main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A/V Clone Wars Continuity Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by sabarte, May 12, 2008.

1. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Right. We should be blaming Filoni.

2. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    Thanks Filoni.

3. JediKnight75

JediKnight75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 15, 2011
    About TFU: all George Lucas did was approve the story. I believe Hayden Blackman was the one actually responsible for the story's content. So it's just C-canon; thus it is unable to overwrite a former story. I believe it's content has been explained so that it works with everythong else. At the very least it is unable to override anything. C-canon can't get rid of C-canon.

Revanfan1 and DigitalMessiah like this.
  4. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I didn't specify Lucas when referring to TFU, I was only really explaining why I don't get the comparison between what the PT and TCW did. I am well aware its unclear, whether it be Lucas or Blackman, who is really responsible for TFU.

5. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    I'm rather stoked about the Yoda arc. When is it supposed to be available to view?

I always thought it was a shame that Qui-Gon was not more prominent in Episodes II and III and it really would have mitigated his presence in Episode I if he was, and I was rather pleased to see Neeson return for Mortis. I'm hoping he returned again for this Yoda arc, and I hope we get some solid info on something like the Whills, the so-called Heavenly Immortality which Qui-Gon learned from them, or some more metaphysics to the balance of the Force.

6. _Catherine_

_Catherine_ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2007
    I feel bad for Star Trek fans. At least we've had several years to get used to our continuity being slowly dismantled. They had to watch their G-, T-, C-, and S-canon all get wiped out in a single movie.

darthosaka and Revanfan1 like this.
  7. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    Star Trek had continuity?

8. _Catherine_

_Catherine_ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2007
    Don't be a franchise-ist.

9. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    Zeta1127 Hidalgo has stated that TFU is no longer canon!

10. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    He said nothing is canon besides the films, TCW, and Rebels.

11. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    Still, I think "Starkiller founding the Rebellion isn't canon" is a much stronger statement.

darthosaka likes this.
  12. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    He never said what you just quoted.

13. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    Cad Bane ‏@A_Targaryen
    Dec 13
    Infinata is the start of the Rebel Alliance from TFU considered canon with the Rebels storyline? Or is TFU not canon at all?
    Retweet
    Favorite
    More
    Details

Pablo Hidalgo ‏@infinata
    Dec 13
    @A_Targaryen no. The TFU version isn't canon. The season 5 Clone Wars stuff is.
    Retweet
    Favorite
    More
    Details

14. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    Daryl Axia Brown ‏@DarthAxia Dec 14
    Infinata I know the EU and even things that were canon are no longer but is the EU going to be respected at all or just trashed?

Pablo Hidalgo ‏@infinata Dec 14
    @DarthAxia Not trashed. But the definition of canon hasn't changed; what's on the screen always occupied a higher tier than the EU.

pronker likes this.
  15. JediKnight75

Feb 15, 2011
    Wait! He said the entire EU is non canon? I though that was still up for speculation. I can understand with TFU; if it contradicts T-canon it has to go. I don't necessarily support that move. George Lucas approved the story so it seems wrong to go back and get rid of it. I don't like the idea of giving people permission to work in your universe, under the idea that their work is canon, and then changjng your mind. It seems unfair, but they new the risks, I guess. Still it is their right, so with the contradiction I see why that happened.

Off topic of the current discussion, but I want to add some thoughts about Clone Wars continuity. What of we head canoned the war to be six years instead of three. I know this goes completely against what actually happened, but I think it could work. So we have most of the multimedia project in the first three years, with a few exceptions; for example, Yoda: Dark Rendezvous, Obsession l, the last season of the microseries, the 8th Clone Wars TBP, LOE, and any other comics where the Clones are in phase 2 armor. These need to go here because they were written with the end of the war in mind. Due to the shows cancellation this would work perfectly since the end of the war is still empty. Granted there is still the issue of Asajj Ventress's fate, but that feels fairly minor.

I actually think. a six year war has other advantages. For one, it allows the Clone Wars to be mode destructive. Also, it gives more time for Anakin and Obi-Wan's relationship. Lastly, it gives Anakin time to mature. True this idea goes completely against the official timeline, but I feel that that's insignificant if the long run.

16. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    Does anybody remember how Golden Age of the Sith and Fall of the Sith Empire contradicted Dark Lords of the Sith?

17. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    Pablo has had the stance for a while that C-canon is "in continuity" but not canon, and G and T canon are "canon."

18. JediKnight75

Feb 15, 2011
    Oh! I was unaware of that. I hope that's not the prevailing attitude within the story group. It is also false, at least by the old standard. If something was not canonical, it went into the n-canon category. C-canin was always considered canonical, albeit a lower level, but still canon.

darthosaka and _Catherine_ like this.
  19. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    I'd assume that still applies til further notice, but it does seem likely we're going to get a much larger batch of n-canon material soon, and I dread that. Something which, contrary to what some may think, has not yet happened.

Though I do wish to say I believe it will mostly affect years ABY 4+, and most stuff before it will survive until it is explicitly dumped. TFU could be the first of those things, but we'll see.

20. JediKnight75

Feb 15, 2011
    I'm still holding at hope that most of the post ROTJ EU will survive. The original cast is too old to reprise their roles through most of that time period. Which means that future stories, set before 30 ABY, will need to focus on new characters. Which leaves the Bantam era safe, at least. Since Jacen and Jaina didn't play a large role at that time, name changes won't have a large effect. Although, the name of Luke's wife could change, but he didn't marry Mara until the end of the GCW; thus I think even HOT may be safe. While the duology made it obvious that they'd get married, it would be a minor retcon. I'd compare it to the references to the Clone Wars in The Thrawn Trilogy. So that just leaves the NJO and beyond. There may be a chance that some of that still survives, but it is less certain.

21. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    [​IMG]

22. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    I'd like to know why they did what they did to Barriss and how it affects her character in the long run.

pronker likes this.
  23. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    They did it to her because she was there. She was the only one "close to Ahsoka" (lol) who didn't have a major role in ROTS.

There's been a lot of speculation in the TV forum about whether she'll be back in Rebels and in what capacity.

pronker likes this.
  24. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    ... You know, looking at that picture, I have to wonder?

Is there a connection to Cad Bane's hat and Filoni's hat? Cause I know Cad Bane's design is actually Lucas' idea, but it still seems...similar to me.

25. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Looking at that picture puts my idea for a "Shaved or Unshaved" thread regarding Dave Filoni's chest hair to rest.