main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Your Favorite Prequel Movie and Why.

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by El_Machete12, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Aaronaman

Aaronaman Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 12, 2013
    [​IMG]

I always thought that it was these coverings in Wattos shop that would have been used for 3PO?

Cryogenic likes this.
  2. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
  3. Cryogenic

Cryogenic Force Ghost star 5

Jul 20, 2005
    I dunno. It's a fun, creepy image, though.

Etiquette and protocol -- GO HANG!

Andy Wylde and Jarren_Lee-Saber like this.
  4. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Threepio is Iron Man

5. CommanderDrenn

CommanderDrenn Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 19, 2013
    RotS, because it is the 1st or 2nd most pivotal movie in the series.

6. Ezekial

Ezekial Jedi Master star 3

May 24, 2002
    Phantom Menace is the best prequel film, hands down.

It was the only prequel film properly story-boarded. It is the only one shot on real film, not digital. It has the most "real" effects of any of the prequels, and it has some good quiet philosophical moments that are utterly lacking in the next two.

The other two are digitized junk.

MOC Yak Face likes this.
  7. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Mine is AotC. It has Dooku in it which is the reason why I like it and what makes it watchable. I love that we finally have an Elder show age can be awesome. Plus, he has class, grace, skill, dignity, and he's honest. Really about the only other things of note in the PT to me are Obi-Wan in AotC and RotS, the lightstaff and a few cool ships.

8. MOC Vober Dand

MOC Vober Dand Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 6, 2004
    The Phantom Menace. It grows on me more and more as time passes. I like the way it looks, on film. I enjoy Qui Gon and Obiwan as the main Jedi, rather than the adult Anakin, who, try as I might, I simply can not warm to on any level. I love the settings, which are beautifully designed and presented. The sense of a once great society, obliviously on the brink, is nicely conveyed. Love Maul. Love Mace. Padme is still a strong character.

SlashMan likes this.
  9. Ezekial

Ezekial Jedi Master star 3

May 24, 2002
    So, the problem with AOTC and ROTS is

1. they're shot with digital cameras. Never realized this before, but that took a lot of the soul out of the picture

2. You don't see the hanger bay!

3. Hayden Christensen was definitely the wrong guy to play the part.

4. CGI was ramped up to the extreme.

4a. Even storyboards were done digitally. This must have had an effect on the thought processes. The picture setups definitely feel worse for it.

5. It simply doesn't feel thought out. It feels like teenaged Mountain Dew. Reading the wiki on George's difficulties writing AOTC after the reception to TPM, I can understand why. George was like fighting against himself, trying to make a "Game of Thrones" for the rest of everyone.

10. Sandtrooper92

Sandtrooper92 Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 31, 2013
    I agree with much of the CGI sentiment, but I don't follow the Game of Thrones analogy.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

11. TheChosenSolo

TheChosenSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 2011
    For me, a toss-up between TPM and ROTS. ROTS because it the ONLY Star Wars film I was anticipating before it came out (I'm young, ok :p ), I found it the most action-packed, and that lightsaber battle between Anakin and Obi-Wan was epic. TPM because of young Anakin, the Podrace, Qui-Gon freaking Jinn, Liam Neeson playing Qui-Gon Jinn. And to say "up yours" to the bashers that say it was the worst film to be made. :p

12. Padawan Fangirl

Padawan Fangirl Jedi Padawan star 3

Nov 28, 2013
    Probably ROTS. Even though the Order 66 scene rips out and stomps on my heart, it's also the most intense film oh the PT, the duels are excellent, and the acting is better.

Next is AOTC. It would be #1 if the dialogue was better. Overall the Anakin/Padmé scenes aren't that bad, but I love seeing all the Jedi at Geonosis, and, most importantly, JANGO FETT. <3

Sent from my stupid little astro droid using TapaTalk 2.

13. son_of_skywalker03

son_of_skywalker03 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    Then it succeeded. Pretty sure that's what it was going for. I like the first half of RotS. I love the second half.

14. squir1y

squir1y Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2003
    Revenge of the Sith. Not only as a prequel, but I think it's one of the most emotionally powerful stories in ALL of Star Wars.

15. Darth Maul Apprentice

Darth Maul Apprentice Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2014
    I re-watched the prequels over the weekend, and I was amazed at how well TPM was paced. It flowed the best to me, and I hated it the first time I saw it in the theater. Plus, with the epic Maul vs Qui-Gon/Obi wan fight. Not to mention the pod race is utter brillance. I like the ending, it reminds me of the ending of A New Hope. Of course, it's all subjective, but I prefer TPM.

16. Poor Greedo

Poor Greedo Jedi Master star 2

Nov 6, 2012
    AOTC and the reasons why I love it

It's no secret to the people that know me, AOTC is my favorite of the prequels. Here's a few reasons why:
    1 Zam Wessel scenes (love when she calls Jango a "bounty hunter slimeball" in Huttese)
    2 Kamino/Jango scenes (his "I'm just a simple man" line is epic)
    3 Battle of Geonosis w 100s of Jedi (1st time we get to see that)
    4 1st glimpse of the Death Star
    5 Obi/Anakin duel with Dooku
    6 Yoda duel with Dooku
    7 Anakin Duel Weilding sabers
    8 Anakin loses an arm (a familiar theme)
    9 We also see Anakins first dark side tendencies with the death of Shmi and the subsequent slaughter of the Sand People
    10 Less Jar Jar (and I'm a fan)
    11 Lots of hidden details and Easter eggs (like Aayla Secura in the temple and other Jedi cameos @ Geonosis)
    11 And last but not least Anakins anger and frustration at Obi wan and the Jedi council boils over during a conversation with Padme

Now don't get me wrong Ep 3 and to an extent Ep 1 are sweet Star Wars films too but AOTC is and always will be the best to me (in terms of prequels)

17. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Hilariously, I agree with every single reason except the last, and it's still my least favorite movie of the saga.

I went into this thread expecting to disagree with EVERYTHING, but laughed as I kept nodding my head in agreement.

I guess this forum still has a few surprises.

SlashMan and Poor Greedo like this.
  18. Padawan Fangirl

Padawan Fangirl Jedi Padawan star 3

Nov 28, 2013
    I agree with all of this. I do rank Jango's scenes above Zam's scene(but if you know me, you know why ;) :p).

AOTC is my 2nd fave prequel. It would be #1 if some of the dialogue was better.

Sent from my stupid little astro droid using TapaTalk 2.

Poor Greedo likes this.
  19. Maul95

Maul95 Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 6, 2013
    I prefer the other two but I enjoy these details as well, specially the battle of Geonosis.

Bob Octa and Poor Greedo like this.
  20. Darth Eddie

Darth Eddie Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2013
    Attack of the Clones is my favorite prequel by far, and maybe even my third or second favorite Star Wars movie overall (ANH and ESB being the primary contenders). I just love everything about it, ironically except for the battle of Geonosis. that one part just gets long in the tooth for my, although i don't deny it's a brilliantly executed sequence.

21. AstroFan428

AstroFan428 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 3, 2003
    Easily my favorite part of the movie.

22. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    It's good, but not as awesome as ROTS is

Darth Raiden and Poor Greedo like this.
  23. skyrimcat9416

skyrimcat9416 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 1, 2013
    I like Attack of the Clones, but I much prefer ROTS and TPM.

My problems with the movie is the bad editing of the film, Anakin's and Padme's romance gets cringe-worthy, and Obi-Wan and Anakin aren't really shown as companions in the film.

Episode II is also Hayden Christensen's weakest performance.

However, there are many things that I love about the film like the Coruscant chase, Obi-Wan vs. Jango Fett, Across the Stars, The Battle of Geonosis, and the lightsaber duel between Anakin, Obi-Wan, Count Dooku and Yoda.

But overall, Episode II just didn't as age as well as the other two movies did. But I still like it.

Eryndil and Poor Greedo like this.
  24. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    I love AOTC for the feeling of transition from the end of TPM to it alone. It always gives me such a feeling of... I can't even describe it. Going from the late afternoon Sunlight on comfortable Naboo to a foggy, mysterious view of the industrial Coruscant just has such a charm to it. Maybe it's just me

Oh yeah and did I mention I love every other microsecond of the film?

25. Darth Ardyti

Darth Ardyti Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 1, 2014
    I have to say, there's a lot for me to like about AOTC: the Dooku scenes, the Geonosis battle, the Zam chase in general, but what I specifically liked was the cantina scene. Obi-Wan and Anakin go in, and there's what boils down to Obi telling Anakin "you go find the bad guy, I'm gonna go have a drink". I guess because under the circumstances it was funny, or just saw it as an Obi-Wan "human moment".

Another major part I loved was Obi-Wan's investigation. The movie has plenty of action and drama. The stuff involved with the investigation was mystery/intrigue. The scene in Dex's Diner. I loved Dex, and liked how it showed another human moment in that Obi-Wan actually had friends outside of the Order. Not to mention we got to see a sort of softer side of Yoda as he was teaching the Younglings in the temple.