main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Gaming Diagon Alley: The Official Harry Potter Thread/Hogwarts Legacy

Discussion in 'Community' started by Kessel Runner, Jul 26, 2001.

1. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    JK Rowling apparently regrets putting Hermione with Ron, and now thinks she would have been better off with Harry, but didn't realize that while she was writing because the original plan was for Ron/Hermione.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  2. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Where did you hear that?

3. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
  4. Volderon

Volderon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 23, 2007
    I can see that.

5. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
  6. themetresgained

themetresgained Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2013
    NOOOOOOOO.

I thought the Ship Wars were over. And now they've come back. Back to haunt me *has PTSD*

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  7. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Ron and Hermione together are problematic (just a bit) but would rather Harry and Ginny never got together. Luna for Harry and Neville for Ginny.

8. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Tumblr will explode.

9. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    Soooo next is saying Voldemort was supposed to be a giant slug-creature, yes? :p

10. Darth Xalfrea

Darth Xalfrea Jedi Master star 4

Jan 2, 2013
    Seriously?

Well, what's done is done. I'm sure Georgie boy has some regrets with characterization and pairing and whatnot. Nothing that can be done about that now.

Besides, I like that Ron and Hermione are together. I'm not a shipper by any means, but I dunno, just something about them works in a sorta humorous way.

11. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm just hoping Rowling doesn't reboot due to changing her mind.

12. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    I have a hard time seeing Harry and Hermione to together. I don't think that it would have worked out in the long run. There are even lines to that effect in Goblet of Fire.

13. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    I'm inclined to think the article is BS. It just doesn't sound like something JKR would actually say.

14. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    So does this mean we'll get a Special Edition soon?

15. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    The interview is being released this Friday I believe.

16. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    I doubt Rowling could ever be as bad as Lucas.
    As long as she doesn't release a new set of the books and gets rid of the original books.
    If she wants to change Hermione and Ron I am fine with that. If she does change things give us the old books as well.
    Just change the Harry/Ginny relationship.

17. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    "As bad as Lucas"? I don't understand.

18. PiettsHat

PiettsHat Force Ghost star 4

Jan 1, 2011

Yeah, me neither. The Harry Potter books have undergone a bunch of changes. Mostly minor, but they are there.

http://www.hp-lexicon.org/about/books/differences.html

And on top of those, there's the differences between the UK and US versions:

'Come over to the right side, Draco, and we can hide you more completely than you can possibly imagine. What is more, I can send members of the Order to your mother tonight to hide her likewise. Your father is safe at the moment in Azkaban...when the time comes, we can protect him too... come over to the right side, Draco...you are not a killer...'

vs

"He cannot kill you if you are already dead. Come over to the right side, Draco, and we can hide you more completely than you can possibly imagine. What is more, I can send members of the Order to your mother tonight to hide her likewise. Nobody would be surprised that you had died in your attempt to kill me -- forgive me, but Lord Voldemort probably expects it. Nor would the Death Eaters be surprised that we had captured and killed your mother -- it is what they would do themselves, after all. Your father is safe at the moment in Azkaban...when the time comes, we can protect him too. Come over to the right side, Draco...you are not a killer..."

19. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Well since I've only got 1 version of the books aside from SS (Where I have some speciality Hardcover from several years ago) unlike the SW movies where I have several versions I don't know all of the changes that there are in the HP books. I do know the Reverse Wand effect change. I personally liked the way it was before. Yeah it was wrong but it worked for me.
    Everything on that list is one set of changes though isn't it? How many versions of the SW movies are there? 5? JK Rowling still has several more versions to go to get to Lucas territory.

20. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    On the Harry/Ron/Hermiione comment, from what I've seen, Rowling really did say that.

I disagree, though. I always thought it a particularly good twist, you expect them to get together. The problem is that that Ginny just turns out to be a dud. That's compounded in the movie versions, where Emma Watson is probably the closest to a star of the child actors, whereas the actress who played Ginny has the charisma of a rock.

21. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    Er, I don't think Emma Watson is a good actress at all. Out of the "child actors" Tom Felton is by far the best. Rupert Grint is also pretty good. But the rest are average at best. But I agree, Bonnie Wright is pretty bad.

22. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005

I specifically did not say best actress, but "star".

23. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    Being a star doesn't equal having charisma, though. ;)

24. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    *meh* It's probably an attention/cash grab. Well played, Jo. Well played.

25. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    Evanna Lynch would like to have a word with you. ;)