main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Official NFL Discussion Thread (Now Featuring Time's Person of the Year, Taylor Swift!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Two interceptions, one a pick six, and a safety? Not all his fault, but he deserves the lion's share of the blame.

2. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Time to put in the backups.
    Joe Namath's fur coat. Most Valuable Pelt.

3. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    Whoa. Sherman just got assassinated by his own teammate.

4. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    how the hell was that safety on manning exactly? same with the pick six, arm hit as he was throwing, can't exactly blame that one on the QB, that's the defense making a great play. the first pick, yes. but even THAT was seriously influenced by avril. pinning the blame of this game on one person is just stupid.

i also love how NO ONE is giving the seahawks defense any credit. i mean seriously, they have played amazing, yet everyone's blaming manning for giving the game away. asinine. out of curiosity, did people forget that almost no one picked the broncos to win this? i mean seriously... they were the freaking favorites going into this. they won this game. this was in no way the broncos giving this away, they took it, and didn't let go.

Valairy Scot likes this.
  5. thebeanpole

thebeanpole Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 11, 2013
    Wonder what happened to Sherman

6. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    So I guess this is officially Manning's legacy now. Even if he comes back to win it next year(lol) this is pretty damning evidence that he's just not the guy you want in a big game.

7. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I am not blaming it all on Manning. Seattle's D deserves enormous credit. And offense. And special teams.

But don't for a second think that I don't enjoy Manning sucking and the Broncos losing. If everyone is going to talk nonstop about a player and anoint them the greatest ever, if the player doesn't back it up when it counts, people are also going to talk about that. Can't have it just one way. I have to hear every news outlet and fan gush over the guy constantly, even in games he's not playing in. So when commenting on a Super Bowl where he's playing, not very well? You bet your ass I'm going to comment on that. Goes both ways.

8. Havac

Sep 29, 2005
    To be fair, this is all Welker's fault. He really shouldn't have walked under that ladder.

9. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    obviously it's all welders fault. he had the dan marino problem, makes it to the SB, but can't be on the winning team. and like dan, he sold his soul to the devil. obviously.

yes, but coming from you rach... it just gets really old. we all know you don't like manning. you don't have to keep harping on it all the time.

Juliet316 likes this.
  10. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    It's not fair to blame it all on Manning, Seattle has played an incredible game. But still....

thebeanpole likes this.
  11. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i think, if anything, this is someone who everyone knows doesn't like manning's time to shine. deal.

12. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    if she'd even mentioned seattle playing well before this, sure. but she hadn't.

13. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    She's a Chief's fan, Trim. Let her have this.

14. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    eh... i guess i'm just reaching a point i'm just kind of done with football. partly it's all of the blame/credit going to the wrong people, but god it is just so over saturated. everyone is nitpicked to death now, and it's just completely blah. i barely watched anything this season, and i may not watch anything at all next year. i mean, everyone's been harping about manning this, manning that, and he was far from the biggest impact on this game. sure, he's a world class QB, but he was barely important in this game, yet he's all anyones talking about. it just gets old.

i'm out everyone, night.

15. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    lol

solojones likes this.
  16. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    Go Hawks! [face_dancing][face_party]

17. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    anyway, congrats to the seahawks. most of my friends are seahawks fans and i'm happy for them. about time, and they couldn't have done it in a more convincing fashion.

18. Havac

Sep 29, 2005
    There were some spectacular moments, even if the game wasn't competitive, but it seems like this was a terrible year for Super Bowl commercials. Only a few worth mentioning.

Thrawn1786 likes this.
  19. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Marcus Allen giving the Lombardi trophy to Not the Broncos. Yay!

Evidently trim doesn't understand rivalry. If you don't like that, then no, you probably shouldn't watch football or any sport.

20. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    It's great to see some good sports karma for the city of Seattle.

Sent from my iPhone 5... take that, Wocky!

21. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    my apologies. i'm just really depressed, sick and extremely irritable because of how much pain i'm in from coughing all the time. so just ignore me. i'm not even here.

gone for reals now.

22. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    feel better man.

23. duende

duende Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 28, 2006
    yeah! good job seashells!!!!!

heels1785 likes this.
  24. Dark Lord Of The Empire

Dark Lord Of The Empire Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2013
    What a beat down! Congrats to the Seahawks.

25. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    The game was tremendous as a Seahawks fan. The commercials were fairly dull with a few exceptions.

I thought Namath's fur coat was going to jump off him and run away.