main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "On your left." - Captain America (Brave New World)

Discussion in 'Community' started by gonzoforce, Nov 9, 2008.

1. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Maybe they all happen at the same time.

2. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    There's also the lines from Cap:

"You said don't trust anyone."

"Well, this is how it ends. This is it, everything goes."

So maybe another part of this movie will be the dismantling of S.H.I.E.L.D as we 've come to know it in the MCU (and the conseqences of it playing out in the TV show in May/June).

3. Six

Six Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 9, 2014
    Good riddance. I'm sick of everything in the MCU being a part of SHIELD. Trailer looks good.

4. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    In the comics, Captain America doesn't go running to Tony Stark at the first sign of trouble, nor does Tony always call Cap. I'm really tired of people looking at that like some sort of failing in the movies.

5. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    So between all the helicarriers going down in a huge aerial dreadnaught battle... the Triskelion being destroyed... SHIELD better hope they have good insurance.

That said any ideas about the helicarrier battle? Think it's a hijacking or remote controlled? SHIELD civil war/coup?

6. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    They don't- Agents of SHIELD makes that clear. IM3 was during xmas, AOS starts sometime after that (seemingly in the spring), several episodes of time pass before Thor 2 happens, and now several episodes have passed with the events of Cap 2 yet to come.

7. Moviefan2k4

Moviefan2k4 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2009
    I've been looking forward to this since seeing the first one, and the new trailer makes me even more excited. I think this will probably be the best of Marvel's solo efforts in Phase 2.

8. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Trailer looks amazing. I'm a little bummed I can't even consider a midnight screening, add I'm traveling for work the week it comes out.

As to the "why don't they have ______ help" stuff ... I look at it this way. At work, I go to my manager and my peers to solve a problem only when the situation is too much for me to handle on my own in a reasonable timeframe. If I can handle it myself, I do. Why would super heroes be any different. Do you want to be the hero who always needs Thor to bail you ass out?

Juliet316 and Moviefan2k4 like this.
  9. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Avengers and subsequent Kevin Feige statements have done well to clarify the difference between the individual heroes being "brought together" as opposed to proactively joining forces. As much has already been said about the need for such a plot in Age of Ultron.

10. Thrawn1786

Thrawn1786 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 8, 2004
    Last night's new trailer has me excited for the movie. I'm also looking forward to the AOS crossover that will undoubtedly occur, and the Special Ops mission that will be part of the Avengers Facebook game.

11. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    Hopefully when you "handle it", it doesn't involved an aircraft-carrying... aircraft crashing into buildings.

12. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I dont think bringing Thor in would limit that damage in this scenario, ha.

Juliet316 likes this.
  13. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Thor's all about subtlety, what are you-

[​IMG]

-oh, right.

14. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Thor's messy attempt at removing a gallbladder ends in great tragedy for everyone.

Juliet316 likes this.
  15. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    If only he would consider bringing along the god of cleaning up after yourself ...

The2ndQuest likes this.
  16. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    I think everyone should do everything. Nobody gets to actually do anything until they have assembled every single one of their friends to help with whatever it is. That's how I live my life and that's how people in the movies should too! I had thirty-five people help me take out the garbage this morning!

17. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Funnily enough, in the comics his alter ego is a physician.

Juliet316 and Penguinator like this.
  18. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

How many sorority sisters does it take to change a lightbulb...

Juliet316 likes this.
  19. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Perhaps the dud eunder the cover is Fury playing dead and it will be a lighthearted moment when Romanov pulls the sheet back.

20. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000

“Ever since that dude with the hammer fell out of the sky, subtlety’s kind of had its day,

lbr789 and Rogue1-and-a-half like this.
  21. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
  22. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    heels1785 likes this.
  23. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Though it is surprising that the final push of the ads here have refrained from playing up the angle of TWS's ID.

Penguinator likes this.
  24. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    Ah someone else who plays Avengers Alliance. Yeah I'm betting Falcon will be the Spec Ops hero with Winter Soldier either the Lockbox hero or the main villain.

25. AstroFan428

AstroFan428 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 3, 2003
    They know the big fans are aware, and assume casual people will be somewhat surprised. The international trailer a blatant shot of his face.

Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.