main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by KnightWriter, Nov 16, 2006.

?

Which team is the favorite to win the title?

1. Boston Celtics

8.7%
  2. Cleveland Cavaliers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Dallas Mavericks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Denver Nuggets

39.1%
  5. Los Angeles Lakers

4.3%
  6. Miami Heat

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Milwaukee Bucks

34.8%
  8. Phoenix Suns

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Other

13.0%
  1. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
  2. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i don't think a king should be on the all-star team, especially if there aren't any suns on it. all-star selection has historically always favored players on good teams, so it wouldn't be right for the suns to get completely snubbed this year despite their amazing run while a guy on the worst team in the western conference makes the team. personally i think dragic should be an all-star. he's pretty much the glue on that team.

3. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I should have listened to myself. Brown and Grant need to go. I think the Factory of Sadness has opened a second location.

xblackout likes this.
  4. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  5. AstroFan428

AstroFan428 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 3, 2003
    Happy to see the Rockets Terrance Jones be selected for the Rising Stars game. He has been really impressive this year and seemingly getting better with every game.

6. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    After the iffy Grammy Trip, the Lakers returned to Staples the other night to play Indiana... like with many of their losses, it was close & competitive (Marshall again had 10+ assists, Gasol with 20+ points) for many minutes, but the overall lack of talent just keeps hurting the purple & gold (their loss to Indy was by 12 points).

[​IMG]

Cellar Watch MMXIV. FEEL THE EXCITEMENT!

7. New_York_Jedi

New_York_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Mar 16, 2002
    I wouldn't argue against Dragic, but my vote would be for Anthony Davis to replace Kobe.

Of course, the most appalling selection was Joe Johnson over any of Lowry/Afflalo/Stephenson. Yuck.

Darkslayer likes this.
  8. AstroFan428

Oct 3, 2003
    Anyone shed a tear over David Stern retiring?
    Yeaaaaaah, didn't think so.

Darkslayer likes this.
  9. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Despite his faults, you can't deny the great influence he had over the NBA. On the short list of the greatest commissioners in North American pro sports.... it's going to be a bit bizarre after tomorrow with Adam Silver at the helm.

10. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Anyone know why Stern chose to retire in the middle of the season? Wouldn't it make more sense to do so after the NBA Finals are over?

Darkslayer likes this.
  11. AstroFan428

Oct 3, 2003
    You're right, he definitely had a huge hand in what the NBA has become. But he had a bit of an attitude that I never really liked, and I have never seen a commissioner come and just over turn a trade because he wanted to, which only made a lot of things about the NBA seem fishier.

Darkslayer likes this.
  12. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000

He wanted to retire at exactly 30 years at the helm.

13. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Yay, double post

14. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Just remember, in the pre David Stern era, the NBA Finals were shown on tape delay.

15. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    He also presided over three lockouts.

Though to be fair, Gary Bettman is the only Comissioner (AFAIK) to ever lose a full season of his league's games due to a lockout/strike.

Darkslayer likes this.
  16. DT421

DT421 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2003
    Bynum signed by the Pacers. Good lord...

17. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003

Totally agree. The NFL has been very fortunate to have a string of very good, and effective commissioners to grow the game. Look at what has happened to MLB under Selig, and the scores of missteps by Gary Bettman.

Stern has been excellent, and he (with some help from Jordan, Magic, and Bird early on) brought the NBA into a sustainable position for a long time.

18. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Headed to Barclay's, might get to see MCW in action for the first time!

EDIT: Oh god is that what passes for excitement in this game? Go KG and the Truth.

19. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    I want to like that post, but there's too much pro-Truth & KG sentiment.

:p

20. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    The Milwaukee Bucks are 1win from double digit wins.

21. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Glad you got to. Hopefully, someday you will see the rest of his team in action for the first time. [face_plain]

LloydChristmas likes this.
  22. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
  23. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Lakers are so short on players that the officials had to let Robert Sacre play with 6 fouls.

And they still beat the Cavs.

[face_sigh]

Darkslayer and DarthTunick like this.
  24. xblackout

xblackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 5, 2008
  25. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

In order for them to get their first win in 17 days, crazy & odd things just had to happen. Aside from the lack of healthy players, the team shooting 18 3-pointers & Steve Blake going for a triple double (11/10/15) enabled the win... though they just almost blew a 29 point lead. [face_relieved]Perhaps they can get to 20 wins before the end of this month? That can't be too much to ask for, damn it! :p

And what has Uncle Drew done to piss off Mike Brown?

Darkslayer likes this.