main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "On your left." - Captain America (Brave New World)

Discussion in 'Community' started by gonzoforce, Nov 9, 2008.

1. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    Considering every news article on every internet homepage has an article not hiding who Winter Soldier is I'm guessing it'll be a twist only for people who didn't even know there was a Captain America 2 until they are in the theaters watching it.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  2. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    io9 is talking about the post credits scene for Winter Soldier. Take it with a grain of salt for now.

Penguinator likes this.
  3. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    I just hope that for once super-speed doesn't look ridiculously embarrassing.

4. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I hope this movie doesn't randomly turn into a montage of action sequences inexplicably within the last half hour or so like the first one did.

Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.
  5. AstroFan428

AstroFan428 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 3, 2003

I'd rather see Dum Dum Dugan teleported to the future somehow. That's my post credit scene. :)

Darth-Lando likes this.
  6. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    [​IMG]

I'd love to see the infinity serum show up. Great way to get characters into the present, unless there are plans for them - and judging how Agent Carter is a go, I think Dum Dum's gonna be fighting the good fight in the Cold War.

7. AstroFan428

Oct 3, 2003
    That cameo was awesome, easily my favorite one shot so far. I am actually really excited for the Agent Carter show, and not just because of Hayley Atwell. lol

8. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    My question is will casual people give a ****? It's not like we had a ton of time to get attached to him The First Avenger; he was just a basic sidekick, for the most part. None of my friends cared when he died; I doubt they'll care when he comes back.

I love Maria Hill with civilian clothes, uniforms or . . . well, let's not be totally crass. [face_love] I'm not the hugest Cobie Smulders fan, but she's really hot as Maria Hill for some reason, way hotter than she's ever been in anything else.

Also, I hope the Agent Carter show is good. I really loved the period stuff in The First Avenger and wished we could have spent more time there, so this is right up my alley.

9. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah but with the new hair style and stuff he's not that recognizable. Unless they already know TWS storyline or have read the cast list, most people aren't going to make the connection.

10. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Cue flashbacks, which work but aren't as cool as the visual call-back to when Cap and Bucky encountered the Red Skull for the first time. Catwalks in the Cap movies = reveals and revelations.

11. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    100% agreement with you there. Cobie's Maria has certainly made me a bigger fan of the character. [face_love]

Yeah really hope the Agent Carter series is good and stays on the air. It'd be nice to have a female lead in a superhero show.

12. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Cobie Smulders is a lovely woman, but I still can't help but think she's Robin in every role I see her in.

13. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    "Kids, I'm going to tell you about the one time that your aunt worked for Nick Fury because due to my severe dementia I can't remember who your mother is anymore. I don't think I even have kids. Where the hell am I?"

14. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    I only started watching HIMYM after I saw her in Avengers so it's not as big of a problem as me. Hopefully with the show ending she can get a recurring role on Agents of SHIELD at least.

Considering how this movie is looking I'm guessing there will be a bit more ramifications for the show than Thor 2 had.

Also on who the guy under the sheets everyone's sad for is, someone mentioned it was probably Coulson and he just got clearance to reveal himself to Cap and Natasha only to get killed again, lol.

15. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Nah, they'll pull the sheets back, with Coulson underneath. Then he'll suddenly sit up and say "Welcome to Level 7".

16. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I still think the release date is rather odd. It looks like a summer blockbuster, and the fact that it's coming out in late spring is strange.

17. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    They've been trying out new release dates though- Thor 2 was in Nov, GOTG is in Aug.

Even though they're not Marvel Studios films, the Marvel brand has to factor in Spider-Man 2 & DOFP- franchises/characters that bigger/more successful than Cap.

Also, the first Cap kinda got lost a bit in the middle of the summer.

Fast 4 & 5 also made crazy bank in April, stretching the start of the summer season earlier than usual .

So, safer release date that can be just as profitable with less competition and avoids diluting the master brand. It's smart.

And if this film ends up being the hit it looks like, the Cap brand might be better positioned for another summer release date for the next movie.

18. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    I'm enjoying spring and winter for movie releases more than the summer popcorn season, to be honest.

19. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    I think that's the plan, for her to come back to Agents of SHIELD when HIMYM ends (The finale of which is sometime in March)

20. Thrawn1786

Thrawn1786 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 8, 2004
    Agreed. I'd actually rather see Winter Soldier the villain, because I never can get enough lockboxes in the game. And I refuse to pay actual money for the game to buy enough boxes. :p

21. AstroFan428

Oct 3, 2003
    Robert Redford poster.....

[​IMG]

22. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    "Alexander Pierce". Clearly the older brother of Aaron, a Secret Service agent. ;)

Darth_Invidious and Yodaminch like this.
  23. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Wouldn't be the first. Afterall, Coulson served under the Bartlett administration: [​IMG]

24. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    So I mean, it's not even a spoiler anymore. If you still want some mystery about the movie, I would not watch this video.

lbr789 and Juliet316 like this.
  25. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    So Hydra is replacing the Russians? Interesting.