main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Star Wars Episode VII Title Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by HL&S , Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004

Filming starts in May. That's about it :D

2. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    And the script is done... but no released title yet. Next arbitrary date for some news is Feb 5th since its Disney's 1st quarter announcement, of the previous year in two of them we got tiny bits of actual news. Odds are they're still casting though, so if we get news tomorrow odds are it won't be casting (unless they choose to stagnate the casting announcements)... odds are something else like the title, exact filming date (the May above is based on rumors and Carrie Fisher alluding to it), or something else Star Wars like spin-off (rumored to have been pushed back a year) or Rebels or these Darth Vader TV specials.

JJ said news was coming 'soon' now that the script was completed... but that likely means between now and Aprilish before filming starts

StoneRiver and Darth_Panicius like this.
  3. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    They will build up a dramatic announcement that they plan to announce the title and fans will crash their site when the video is released... and the video will say Star Wars: Episode VII.

4. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013

[​IMG]

5. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I think it'll just be called Star Wars since movie titles are very short nowadays.

6. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    StWa.

Ryus likes this.
  7. Darth_Panicius

Darth_Panicius Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 7, 2013
    Star Wars Episode VII : We can't agree on a title

8. Spork111

Spork111 Jedi Master star 2

Jun 19, 2002
    It kinda surprises me how so many people are expecting a title this early in the process. I remember with the prequels we didn't get titles until well after principle photography was completed. Actually, I seem to recall we didn't get the title of Episode I until the first teaser trailer was released. Of course, that's because Lucas didn't settle on titles until the films were mostly complete...

Darth_Panicius likes this.
  9. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    Episode VII - The Clone Wars Were a False Flag! Wake up SHEEPLE!!!!

Sarge likes this.
  10. Bob Octa

Bob Octa Jedi Knight star 2

May 6, 2013
    No, the title was revealed a couple months before the teaser.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/654672/Phantom-Menace-Title-baffles-Star-Wars-fans.html?pg=all

11. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013

Reading the hate for the title in that article was pretty hilarious. In my opinion The Phantom Menace is the best of the six titles.

12. Sum-Wan

Sum-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 2013
    "Star Wars Episode VII: I Shot The Jedi But I Didn't Shoot The Padawan"

13. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I bet they go back to the way the titles worked for the OT, where the actual titles of the episodes themselves were front and centre, like ANH and TESB, as appose to the PT, where the episode numbers were more or less the main title. God, I hope that post makes sense.

14. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    Star Wars: Episode VII - Rise of the Mandalorians

15. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    You mean you don't want to see this: Star Wars: Episode VII - The Title Goes Here

Krueger likes this.
  16. Tittilatia

Tittilatia Jedi Youngling

Feb 3, 2014
    My suggestion for Ep VII - The Menace Emerges - is terrible, but I can't help thinking they might use 'Menace' again in the new title for a few reasons.

If they want people to anticipate the new movie as being a continuation of the saga rather than something cynically tacked on at the end of the existing one, then harking back to the 'Menace' in the first film would be a good way to do that.

Whereas the 'Menace' was once a 'Phantom', now it manifests in a solid, real way. It has been orchestrating events behind the scenes for the entire first six movies...'everything has proceeded as I have foreseen' sorta thing.

Episode VII: The Real Menace, The True Menace, The Open Menace, The Menace Revealed, The Menace Erupts, The Menace Remains...something like this, perhaps.

I'm starting to really like 'The Menace Remains', actually.

Darth_Panicius and Dra--- like this.
  17. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Highly doubt it they'd reuse "Menace."
    It's way too specific and would seem just like a copy-paste job.

Oh, and welcome to the Boards.

Sarge likes this.
  18. Tittilatia

Feb 3, 2014
    Well, if they used it again, I think that rather than looking like they couldn't come up with something original, it would seem more like it has reappeared in the title because there's some overarching plan behind the entire saga that links the new movies to the previous ones.

19. Ganger

Ganger Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 1999
    Now that would be in Lucas's style of rhyming trilogies. I wouldn't go there . . .for the love of god, please don' go there JJ!

TKT and The Hellhammer like this.
  20. Tittilatia

Feb 3, 2014
    For the sake of symmetry of thematic continuity, since we've so far had 'Empire', 'Jedi', 'Sith' and 'Clones' in the titles, I feel fairly certain that the word 'Force' will also have to make an appearance in one of the new ones and that 'Rebellion', 'Rebel' or 'Alliance' are a pretty good bet to pop up too.

21. Ganger

Dec 9, 1999
    You may be proven right in the future, but I don't think there's a hidden rule or logic when it comes to Star Wars movie titles. It depends on the story and with this new trilogy, we're completely unaware of where it' going.

TKT likes this.
  22. Ganger

Dec 9, 1999
    double post. please delete.

23. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    I think I've read or said this before a long time ago. There is a symmetry in the titles in both trilogies so far

EP 1: The Phantom Menace :: Dark Side :: Refers to a mysterious person who drives the Force plot : Palpy
    EP 2: Attack of the Clones :: Dark Side :: The Governmental structure in place, attacking : Old Republic
    EP 3: Revenge of the Sith :: Dark Side :: The Religious order of the trilogy : Sith

EP 4: A Hew Hope :: Light Side :: Refers to a mysterious person who drives the Force plot : Luke
    EP 5: Empire Strikes Back :: Dark Side :: The Governmental structure in place, attacking. : Empire
    EP 6: Return of the Jedi :: Light Side :: The Religious Order of the trilogy : Jedi

If we follow the symmetry here then the next trilogy should follow as

EP 7: ".........." :: Light Side :: Refers to a mysterious individual who drives the Force plot. : **Probably a new jedi will ultimately usher in a new era for the Force
    EP 8: ".........." :: Light Side :: The Governmental structure in place, attacking : **Probably the New Republic fights off a new bad guy/armada
    EP 9: ".........." :: Light Side :: The Religious order of the Trilogy : **Probably the Force itself - wins over both previous sects

Immortiss and Tittilatia like this.
  24. Tittilatia

Feb 3, 2014
    Excellent analysis and I think you're probably spot on with what will happen.

Furthermore, the necessity for symmetry would suggest that the 'mysterious person who drives the Force plot' that will feature in the title of Episode 7 should be a darksider, because:

Dark (TPM) - Light (ANH) - Dark (???),

is more symmetrical than:

Dark (TPM) - Light (ANH) - Light (???)

I'm not exaggerating when I say that it should be possible to Sherlock Holmes this down to deducing the correct title before it is officially announced. ;)

25. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I agree. It is, by far, my favorite title in the franchise.

bstnsx704 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.