main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Star Wars Episode 7 Plot Ideas

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by DarthRuss, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Welcome to the forums.

I hadn't put much stock into a plausible "Sidious had everything under control... even his death" scenario but you make a refreshing case for it.

Bullhead CIty and Dra--- like this.
  2. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    One can only wonder what even larger plan could it be for him to sacrifice his entire Empire. Could be interesting.

Bullhead CIty and Dra--- like this.
  3. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Yes, that is the precise idea that actually got me to lean toward this potential plot.

Dra--- likes this.
  4. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    I dunno.

The Emperor was actually kinda blind to a lot of going ons in the OT. Sorta like the Jedi in the PT. He couldn't even tell if Vader's feelings were clear on certain matters. He talked a good game, but...he couldn't even forsee his apprentice chucking him over the railing to save his son.

And if Vader was a unknowing pawn in that ceremony, then Anakin's return is cheapened because it was a ruse. It was staged.

They both desperately wanted Luke to join them. The Emperor wanted a new apprentice about 3 days after Vader got built. Unfortunately he purged the Galaxy of anyone with a decent amount of Force ability so he was stuck with a lemon. Vader wanted to get rid of The Emperor about 3 seconds after kneeling down and taking the Sith Oath.

Could they really make Palps into a omnipresent Force. That would be too much like LOTRs. Maybe Palpys blue death energy seeped into Luke and slowly takes over - like the One ring does to Frodo - he was infected with that evil power. (I for one, definitely don't want to see an evil Luke or an evil Leia, or any evil Jedi. The movie should show the Jedi becoming alive again - in my opinion. Having another jedi fall so soon after Anakin would cheapen everything)

Maybe Palpy knew about some more terrible laying out there. He was building Death Stars like every other year. He wanted to rule by fear, but clearly he wanted Power to back that up. Maybe he knew something more nefarious was going to show up soon.

I definitely agree though, that revealing more about the jedi and sith would be cool. I still want a mysterious unexplained Force, but I want to hear more about both sects history more.

Bullhead CIty and Immortiss like this.
  5. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    The problem with completely eliminating Sith from the ST is that it makes the trilogy lopsided. You have six of the nine movies about the Sith and dark side and then have the remaining three movies about something else. It's not artistically symmetrical. That's my opinion at least.

Also, I highly doubt Disney knows what a Yuuzang Von is. ( I hardly do-had to read about it). You don't want viewers to have to do homework on their own to research an aspect of a movie.

You can, though, have a new enemy work hand-in-hand with some sort of dark sider. It's repetitive having a dark force using another enemy to get itself into power, but with a different angle, it would seem fresh.

6. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    While I do agree about not needing Yuuzhan Vong, this argument is something that I will fight against until my dying breath. Anything and everything can be introduced in a few simple sentences in a movie.

"Wow, who the hell are these guys?"
    "They're invaders from another galaxy and they use organic technology and hate machines. They want to enslave/conquer/exterminate/eat/convert us."

There. That's all you need to know about the Vong backstory in order to properly enjoy them in a movie. Same applies to any existing or new idea that we'll see in these movies.

TKT and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  7. Tittilatia

Tittilatia Jedi Youngling

Feb 3, 2014
    I think it would be the only meaningful way to 'raise the stakes' with the new trilogy; this plot development would retrospectively render the actions of the heroes in the earlier films largely counter-productive to their cause because they were actually playing into Sidious' master plan, and this revelation would create a sense of disorientation, helplessness and desperation (i.e. danger/excitement) in the audience at the beginning of the new trilogy that would otherwise be lacking with any alternative scenario involving some new, tacked-on supervillain.

Immortiss, Mystery Roach and Dra--- like this.
  8. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    I agree completely. Which is why I have not had any particular issue with the varying Plageuis or formerly unknown Sith ideas people have generated. I just had not put much emphasis of thought into Sidious, himself, returning. The idea of a "saga" that completely takes a dramatically thematic-altering shift in another direction isn't very appealing to me.

9. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    There is plenty of space for thematic shifts in spinoffs and even in the Main Saga, thanks to many secondary characters / organizations we can potentially see. The big fight should still concern Light vs. Dark (vs. potentially another third party), whatever shape any of them might take.

10. Tittilatia

Feb 3, 2014
    Perhaps the whole 'Order 66' thing and the implied notion that Sidious can control his Stormtrooper clones via the Force could be developed here, with him attaining a level of omnipotence that allows him to psychically possess not only individuals and large groups but also entire populations and planets.

A psychic, zombie Empire 2.0.

Dra--- likes this.
  11. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    That is somehow an abhorrent yet also completely brilliant idea for a plot.

Dra--- likes this.
  12. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    I like it.

In the past I've pointed out that it's not necessary for us to assume that falling into a reactor would destroy Sidious when it could make him stronger. Tittilatia (why do I feel dirty typing this name?) has given us a much larger and brilliant picture how this might work into Sid's plans.

Some people will counterargue that this undermines Anakin's or the Big 3 efforts in ROTJ, but I think that is to be expected in a sequel trilogy. In fact, it's good because then we have something meaningful to fight for.

13. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    Well... y'know, it's the thought that counts, hah. Anakin did the good thing in the end, saving his son and all that... That's what redeemed him, in the end, even if he failed to end Sidious once and for all.

Mystery Roach, Immortiss and Dra--- like this.
  14. Tittilatia

Feb 3, 2014
    The 'abhorrence factor' should be there, I think.

The plot set-up for the new films really needs to grab older generation Star Wars fans by the lapels, pin them up against the toilet block wall and snarl "It's not over yet!" into their faces.

"Remember how you felt when you walked out of the theatre at the end of Return of the Jedi, feeling all triumphant and validated and on a high? Well you were mistaken. Not only is it not over, MATTERS ARE A MILLION TIMES WORSE!'

Once this feeling has been established, it's time to parachute Han, Luke, Chewie, Leia, Lando and the droids into the galactic nightmare and hope for the best.

Mystery Roach and Dra--- like this.
  15. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    I'm... ...not really sure I'd like to feel like I'm about to get raped in a public toilet when I watch these movies :p

16. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    Speak for yourself.

TKT, EHT, Mystery Roach and 1 other person like this.
  17. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Right. The action is more meaningful if Sidious indeed created Anakin, instead of Anakin being 'Chosen' to do this or that. I could definitely buy in to Sid's return if it meant something this inSIDIOUS.

Dra---, The Hellhammer and StoneRiver like this.
  18. Tittilatia

Feb 3, 2014
    lmao

That's the spirit!

Dra--- likes this.
  19. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Tittilatia, you should post this idea in the 'Who's the Baddie' thread.

Dra--- likes this.
  20. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    Yes, please. And the Emperor thread.

Immortiss likes this.
  21. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Very interesting idea. Remember that Sauron and Voldemort were very vulnerable in their earthly forms but became seemingly invincible after their "first death." The whole thing could be about how to destroy them. But why 30 years later? Maybe it took that long for the spirit of Sideous to gain the knowledge and power to do what needs to be done.

Also, in order to propel Han and Leia into action at 58 and 70 years old (you'd assume Luke will already be involved since he's the Jedi master), there would have to be something personal for them to be heavily involved. Otherwise, the New Republic or whoever would be able to get new young blood to do the fighting. Someone will probably be out for revenge or whatnot against Han and Leia.

Mystery Roach and Dra--- like this.
  22. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004

Rotta the Hutt?

23. I_Love_Scotch

I_Love_Scotch Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 2, 2013
    If that's the case than Anakin never did anything very extraordinary...ever...as a Sith or as a Jedi. I'm fine with it but it just further undermines the whole "CHOSEN ONE" thing.

24. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    You can still have the darkside without the Sith. The darkside within is a good motiff to explore.

Although, honestly, I don't mind if the sith do come back.

25. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    I dunno. Maybe it could work.

The only problem with having the Sith being featured again is it's really repetitive. In the PT, everyone thought they were gone, but they really weren't... and they sought their revenge. If they're in the ST, it would be the same thing all over again. "Hey guys, we're back. Oh that's right...we want our revenge. We mean it this time. Grrrr. Sith mumbles under his breath"

Besides, I know that we - the audience know that the Sith were in 6 movies....but - and this is a huge technicality in very broad terms..but they were never once mentioned in the OT. So what we really have is 3 movies of Sith. 3 movies of Emperor/Vader. 3 more movies ... of? Maybe Something else. Maybe that's not a good point to make, but in each trilogy the definitions of the villains change.

For Anakin's / Luke's victory over the Sith to remain important, the Sith should stay dead for a good long while. It could be cool if there are allusions to their cult surviving in hiding again for another 1000 years - but it's it.

Bring on more darkside for sure. Maybe some other group. Something new Maybe even bring on Darth Plagues who cheated death and isn't really a Sith but something much more sinister.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.