main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by KnightWriter, Nov 16, 2006.

?

Which team is the favorite to win the title?

1. Boston Celtics

8.7%
  2. Cleveland Cavaliers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Dallas Mavericks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Denver Nuggets

39.1%
  5. Los Angeles Lakers

4.3%
  6. Miami Heat

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Milwaukee Bucks

34.8%
  8. Phoenix Suns

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Other

13.0%
  1. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    Asking for Milwaukee back to back wins is way to much.

2. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    **** you, Mike Brown.

**** you, Chris Grant.

And **** you Dan Gilbert, if you don't fire them soon.

3. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
  4. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Rookie of the Month... again.
    [​IMG]

DarthTunick likes this.
  5. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    One of two ...

Darkslayer likes this.
  6. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
  7. Dark Lord Of The Empire

Dark Lord Of The Empire Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2013
    He reminds me a lot of Penny Hardaway. Even wears his number!

8. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    The All-Star Weekend has been officially renamed to the All-Damian Lillard Weekend. He's competing in the All-Star Game, the Rising Stars game, the slam dunk contest, the 3-point contest and the skills challenge. Holy moly!

Darkslayer likes this.
  9. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    This is beat news. You know I love me some Nick Young. He really looks like a key piece for the next era in LA.

Good comparison. I think so, as well. Last time we had a player who made RotM more than once it was Iverson in 96. Not sure I would compare the 2 other than to say I think we may have an actual franchise player for the first time in years.

10. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    He wasn't spectacular at the game I went to, but he did make a couple passes that looked like they defied physics.

11. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    You nearly missed seeing him. He wasn't supposed to play. He was flying in from Boston on game day and the weather set his travel back. He was a game day hour decision. The rest of the team played far more jetlagged than he did and they had been there overnight.

12. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Great game in Indy tonight.

13. Dark Lord Of The Empire

Aug 28, 2013
    Yeah that was good stuff. The Pacers are incredible. I think without a doubt it is their year to get to the Finals. I know a lot can happen between now and then but I really don't see the Heat getting to a fourth straight finals, and no other team in the East can challenge Indiana.

14. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Except Cleveland is rooting for them, sooooo...

Darkslayer likes this.
  15. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    as much as it pains me to say it, i could definitely see the heat going to a fourth straight finals. i feel like they haven't even really turned it on yet and against lesser teams they often just take a night off, but if they do square off with the pacers in the ecf it should be another epic battle.

16. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I couldn't even watch the Heat-Pacers series last year. I hate both teams because I am a Bulls fan [face_laugh]

It was depressing knowing health was the reason we weren't there, and will be again this year :(

17. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    A Chorus of Disapproval

[​IMG] :D

More amazing than the purple & gold winning a 2nd consecutive game was how well Nash played... that, and Kaman (17) & Kelly (15) in a scoring groove.

18. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    The 76ers were strong until half time and then realized that they wanted Jabari Parker more than they wanted to beat LA. Our SBNation site had the best victory headline: "Sixers Out-Tank The Lakers". :p

Darkslayer and DarthTunick like this.
  19. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    You're a Sixers fan? And I always thought you seemed like a nice guy :oops:

:p

20. Dark Lord Of The Empire

Aug 28, 2013
    Pistons fire Mo Cheeks today, only 50 games into his stint. Craziness. I wonder how much longer Joe D. is going to get.

21. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    I am. You now have the evidence that I only hate myself.

22. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    The Cheeks firing makes no sense, especially given the brevity of his tenure at Detroit... they're only presently a half game out of a playoff spot. This kind of instability doesn't do the franchise any good.

I was KAMANMANIA at Staples earlier today: 27 & 10* for D'Antoni's favorite player. Holy hell! What a week for him too, considering what happened to him in Cleveland:

[​IMG].

*Naturally, despite KAMANMANIA (along with help from Jordan Hill & Kendall Marshall) the Lakers going on a run late in the 4th to make it more of a game, they still lost (to Chicago). At least it was an exciting enough afternoon, especially with ABC (Sunday Showcase, featuring the worst Laker team** in a decade!) adding Steve Javie with Breen & Van Gundy on the broadcast... it was a nice touch to get opinions, etc, from a retired ref.

**[​IMG]

The "Who the **** are these guys?!" bingo game! However, Nash ought not to have been on it.

Juliet316 likes this.
  23. New_York_Jedi

New_York_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Mar 16, 2002
    Half a spot out in the woeful Eastern Conference, after signing Josh Smith and trading for Jennings. The pistons have been a major disappointment.

Really though, it should be Dumars being shown the door; that team is poorly constructed (Which I think everyone saw coming). II think they need to trade Monroe. No knock on him, he's the odd man out in the Drummond/Smith/Monroe Trio, and I don't think they'll want to pay him big money this offseason. Barring that, you need to seriously minimize the time all three are playing together. Also, get a point guard who can actually shoot well, not just shoot frequently.

Darkslayer likes this.
  24. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    I did a double take when I saw the Clippers/76ers score. 52-17 early in the second quarter! Ouch.

Darkslayer likes this.
  25. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    [face_rofl]

RE Mo Cheeks: I will never understand why coaches do not get at least a full season. Just look at the Cleveland Browns in the NFL, the coaching carousel there has set them back years.