main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series TCW bonus material episode discussion (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Mar 11, 2013.

1. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013
    Wouldn't it be funny if the legal trouble got worse because we, the public, found out about some confidential contractual stuff, and CN tightened their junk up?

But of course, this is Star Wars we're talking about. This is the Schroedingerian inevitability inside our fandom box. With Star Wars, the confidential details cat is gonna die every time.

The Shadow Emperor and TKT like this.
  2. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    It wouldn't surprise me if the stuff aired on Disney XD. But leaving this late in the game to announce, is fishy, but it is possible. I'm keeping an eye on UK listings too. It could be that they are releasing them with little fanfare which could suggest the episodes themselves are not that good :p

3. Obimus Primobi

Obimus Primobi Jedi Master star 2

Oct 23, 2013
    Was that intended to be a double entendre?

Seriously though, I just wish Filoni et al would reply to questions and say something like "no announcements until March or April, etc" as it would give us a bone and get people off their backs... erm.

podjazd likes this.
  4. Lando Swarm

Lando Swarm Jedi Master star 2

Aug 9, 2013
    Yup. It'll be hilarious next year when the plot and characters of Episode VII are first revealed to the world by clandestine blurry photos of a Lego box.

5. Darth Mateus

Darth Mateus Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 6, 2013
    1 day away, and this thread converts into double meaning jokes about clones. =D=

6. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    They have been so weird and closed off about announcing anything, they couldn't even publicly talk about screening the Yoda Arc at the Presidio back in December. That tells me it's all tangled up in legal B.S. and either they can't talk about it until a certain date, or they still haven't even resolved the legal fine print and can't announce a date in which they'll give more info.

7. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    Cartoon Network on Feb 15 shot down by Jedinews
    http://www.jedinews.co.uk/news/news.aspx?newsID=15390
    I think the Disney XD thing is wishful thinking I thought the same thing when I saw some TBA slots before but I think they are just late with their listings. I find it really hard to believe they would dump this on Disney XD with no buildup, trailers, or anything. CN seemed more believable if there was some weird contract thing going on.

8. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013
    One thing to remember is that if it is airing on television, there's almost zero reason to advertise it. They'll be getting their ad dollars either way and since there's no future in the show their viewership won't matter. Even if it's a digital/blu-ray release,Ttey're probably figuring, "Why bother advertising something when the only people who are going to buy it will figure out for themselves when it's coming out?"

9. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    Welp, I like how they tell us when it's 'not' airing within a day of a rumor leaking, then go back to utter silence. Not even a hint of "expect an announcement soon" or "later this year".

Can't he press his source even a little bit?

Either way, looks like the german airing is first. Such an odd situation.

10. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Circular Logic likes this.
  11. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2013

Not necessarily - I'm really thinking that that TBA DisneyXD time slot from 2pm - 4pm EST on Feb. 15th is reserved for TCWBC
    I think its just an issue of still working out the legal things but that they are planning for that date, it just may be canceled if they can't solve the issues beforehand. Plus, PraenomenCognomen makes a good point about the unnecessary aspect of advertising it.

EDIT: Plus there's this -

The fact that LFL says explicitly that we will not see these episodes on CN must mean that we're either getting them on DisneyXD or not at all over-the-air/cable(?)
    This must mean that they have made up their minds as to how they want the TCWBC to come out and that its just a matter of CN letting them get away with it. I think they reserved this Feb. 15th time slot with the one intention of the Order 66/Tup arc of the BC.

We may actually see LFL/Disney playing chicken with CN. LFL/Disney hasn't done anything in violation of their contract yet b/c they haven't released anything. So CN can't take them to court, they can just point at the contract and say "No!" I think maybe Disney/LFL is thinking that CN is misinterpreting the contract and that if, either A) DisneyXD airs it, CN sues, it goes to court - Disney will win or B) DisneyXD airs it, CN gives up knowing that its not worth a court fight and surrenders to Disney/LFL.

12. podjazd

podjazd Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 16, 2013
  13. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Jan 6, 2013
    Well, I just checked TV guide again today and it looks like they've filled the previously "To Be Announced" 2 hr. timeslot from 2pm -4pm EST with re-runs of "Kickin' It."

It appears that every time slot on DisneyXD is now filled through Thursday 2/20 except Monday 2/17 5pm-6:45pm EST, Wednesday 2/19 5pm-6:45pm EST and Thursday 2/20 5pm-6:45pm EST....So w're definitely not getting it broadcast to the U.S. on Feb. 15th...but these are the next possible dates - I still think Disney/LFL is playing chicken with CN.

14. darkmarc

darkmarc Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 30, 2013
    Was THAT a double entendre...?

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  15. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Do not be surprised if these stream on Starwars.com only. Possibly for everyone except Germany if they can work out the International streaming.

16. Obimus Primobi

Obimus Primobi Jedi Master star 2

Oct 23, 2013
    Yeah, I attempted a triple, but I threw my back out.

17. darkmarc

Mar 30, 2013
    *spews wine across screen* Now THAT'S funny!!!

EDIT: Someone at work the other month called me a master of the single entendre. I only realize the insult now. Thanks(?) @Obimus prime

18. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    put it on itunes, I'll buy it. make it avaible there

Darkslayer likes this.
  19. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Jan 6, 2013

Well!! Wednesday's (^) time slot just filled up...here's hoping for Monday and/or Thursday!!! (or an online release!)

20. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    I wish they would release comic adaptations of the bonus content. That way we'd have the stories without this whole mess.

21. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Jan 6, 2013
    So, back when this thread was about to hit 200 pages, we had just gotten the Germany announcement and were expecting a US/International announcement soon. So soon that we had the hope of hitting 200 pages before it happened (which we hit basically the next day). Considering that there's been no indication of an announcement on its way, how many pages do you think we'll hit before we actually get an announcement? 250? 300? 500??

22. darkmarc

Mar 30, 2013
  23. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Jan 6, 2013
    The Clone Wars Official Discussion Thread is about to hit that number!!! ITs at 1132 right now!!!

purplerain likes this.
  24. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    I'd be very happy with a streaming option, and this is a very realisitc possibility, but the continued silence on the issue makes that seem unlikely to happen before the German airing.

Again, as of now I'm just hoping to combine good summaries from here with torrents until I can officially watch the episodes in a proper capacity (be it on XD, starwars.com, hulu, netflix, hell even itunes or a disc release)

25. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I'd be very happy if Micky Lucas simply acknowledged the fans.