main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rex_Nixes_Sixes

Rex_Nixes_Sixes Jedi Youngling

Jan 11, 2014
    So glad I watched sports! Go sports!

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  2. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    I survived. My hair survived. My earlobes didn't (at least not in their old shape). Shouldn't have forgotten to remove the earrings.

3. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    Only watched the first half but I caught that commercial and it was absolutely awesome! I'm sure everyone says this about the decade they grew up in, but the 80s ruled!!

4. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Uhoh -- that sounds sort of serious. Are we talking usual peroxide burns or "my earlobes literally didn't survive because my earrings exploded" or something else equally horrifying?

5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    The local news is deporting a couple of dudes caught trying to break into a drink machine with a screwdriver.

Marv and Harry have come to Charlotte and are trying to steal soda quarters from high school kids.

07jonesj and Force Smuggler like this.
  6. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2013

Did they leave their calling card? kept the water running and stole a snowglobe? Oh those wet bandits! When will they learn?!

7. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    They poured Dr. Pepper all over the sidewalk.

Sticky bandits.

8. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    Nah, luckily those are just superficial wounds, but wounds still. One's a regular burn, the other ear has an additional hole now (albeit a very small one). The earring didn't explode, but the reaction was rather strong. In my 35 years history of (infrequent) peroxide use, this hasn't happened before - perhaps a sign of my DIY times being over.

9. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    They sound line n00bs. When I was in highschool I used to jam wadded paper towels into the change dispenser to people wouldn't get their change. Then I would remove it and get the change later, before the vending machine guy came.

10. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Jan 6, 2013

What a terribly evil thing to do...after revealing that, you're now on the naughty list forever!

Seerow = Thieving Cheat

11. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Jan 6, 2013
  12. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I bought the game Victoria II by Paradox Interactive about a week ago and I found it humorous that they snuck a couple Star Wars references into the game. It's a very complicated grand strategy game taking place between the 1830s and 1930s. And if you are the United States, you will be hit by pop up events informing you of the growing secessionist attitudes in the Southern states and that the Confederate States of America is gaining traction. The button to dismiss these popups reads "Rebel scum!"

Also, you cannot just declare war on another country, but have to come up with a justification for war. There is one justification, that when executed, raises the notice "We have tried to be reasonable with *insert country* but they refuse to listen to reason. They will pay the price for their lack of vision!"

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  13. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
  14. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Ridiculous how much $$$ Star Wars brings in compared to those other franchises (most of which I was unaware were Legos).

15. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Damn. And that's not even including all of the video games. [face_hypnotized]

16. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm not surprised.

I live near one of the two Lego stores in North Carolina. I don't go very often but when I do...getting out for less than $100 takes nothing short of a Jedi mind trick.

And while I like the architectural sets, most of what my kids and I buy are Star Wars sets.

17. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Jan 6, 2013
    Wow! thats insane - it blows away everything else in every category! just one more company that revived itself with the help of star wars - thats really LFL's business legacy - opening licensing doors people hadn't opened and providing "new hope" for struggling/mediocre companies.

18. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    IS THAT LEGO SPLINTER? I'M SWOONING RIGHT NOW.

Contessa likes this.
  19. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    Speaking of Legos, The Lego Movie is incredible.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  20. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    The trailer looked funny as hell. I just can't decide if I want to spend theater prices for it or wait for the DVD. I'll probably make that call depending on how badly my sons want to see it.

21. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011

It's totally worth the theater experience. There's great stuff for adults as well, which I was really surprised by.

22. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    So it's not one of those cases where all the good stuff is already shown in the trailers? I kind of got the impression that it would be one of those movies, though I'm not sure why.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  23. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Nick Offerman (AKA Ron Swanson) plays a pirate with a shark for a prosthetic arm. This movie can't not be awesome. That, and LEGOS! :D

24. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011

Nope, although the Batman/Wonder Woman interaction is my favorite part. LEGO characters from essentially every franchise are included, and most of them aren't in the trailer.

Barriss_Coffee and EHT like this.
  25. Rex_Nixes_Sixes

Rex_Nixes_Sixes Jedi Youngling

Jan 11, 2014
    I'm not sure where to post this, but since I basically only read/post in LACWAC I'm asking it here:

Is there an established exchange rate for Republic Credits to USD? If not do we have a best guess? In the White House's response to the Death Star petition they estimate that the construction of a Death Star would cost roughly $850,000,000,000,000,000 to build. Do we know how many Credits it took to build?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.